Japan Goyard

Hello everyone! I will be visiting Tokyo in November and intend to purchase a Bohème Hobo as soon as I arrive because I’m planning to use it for my entire trip in Japan. I will be heading to my hotel at Nihombashi so I was thinking to head to the Takashimaya @ Nihombashi outlet after I check in. Does anyone have any idea on the stock availability for this model and its retail price? I find that this model is not always readily available where I live. Wondering how it is in Japan. I’ll be visiting Osaka & Kyoto so I can try there as well. Thanks for taking your time! :smile:
When I was in Tokyo 2 weeks ago, the Takashimaya Goyard SA told me that there were no Bohemes in all of Japan. I went to 2 other stores in Osaka and Kyoto, so can confirm. Stock in Tokyo was dismal, better to go to Kyoto.

Reactions: pinkduffy
When I was in Tokyo 2 weeks ago, the Takashimaya Goyard SA told me that there were no Bohemes in all of Japan. I went to 2 other stores in Osaka and Kyoto, so can confirm. Stock in Tokyo was dismal, better to go to Kyoto.
Thanks for your info! Yesterday I managed to place a preorder for the Boheme in my local boutique. SA mentioned it would take maximum 3 months to arrive. It was SGD3490. Bag was $3020 & a mandatory heart painting which was an additional $470. He said I cannot preorder just the bag itself without the painting. Luckily I decided to go ahead with the preorder now knowing I wouldn’t have any luck in Tokyo! :smile: Thank you!

I was in Japan last month and visited several Goyard locations looking for the St Louis PM.

For Tokyo I only had time to check the Shinjuku store, which had no stock of St Louis.

In Kyoto I lucked out and they had St Louis in both PM and GM size (around early afternoon)! I later went back the same day just before closing time to check if they still had St Louis available for a friend but there was no more stock.

I then went to both Osaka locations but they had no St Louis stock. Went back 2 days later to the Hankyu store and they had St Louis available. They had just received a delivery the day before.

So it’s worth checking multiple days for stock if you have time in case they get a recent delivery.

Reactions: Purselover724
I was in Japan last month and visited several Goyard locations looking for the St Louis PM.

For Tokyo I only had time to check the Shinjuku store, which had no stock of St Louis.

In Kyoto I lucked out and they had St Louis in both PM and GM size (around early afternoon)! I later went back the same day just before closing time to check if they still had St Louis available for a friend but there was no more stock.

I then went to both Osaka locations but they had no St Louis stock. Went back 2 days later to the Hankyu store and they had St Louis available. They had just received a delivery the day before.

So it’s worth checking multiple days for stock if you have time in case they get a recent delivery.
Thanks so much for this. It’s not me going, it’s a friend, so I doubt there will be multiple trips made to the store haha. They’ll be near the Shinjuku ISETAN store. I reached out a few days ago to try to secure an appointment but I haven’t heard back yet. I’m trying to make a short list of what I want based on availability. I’m trying to keep my usd budget around 2k.

Artois GM in navy (but I’ve never seen this in person. I love huge bags but I’d love more info on it)
Senat GM in green
St. Louis GM in green
Anjou GM in navy or green
Saint-Marie in black (can’t find a YEN price)

Adding my experience visiting the Kyoto store last week of December.

I would recommend going as soon as it opens. I was there almost right away after 10. I was the third client so had to wait just a little bit before being seen. There were only 2 SAs. A short line formed quickly but by the time I left, the line was long. I asked for specific things and didn’t take too long to decide but the whole checkout process took a while. Then you had to go to the 7th floor for the tax refund. I suggest setting aside plenty of time. When I left, the other SA was still serving the first couple (locals) who were picking up a few mini anjous and St. Louis totes with very cute marquage drawings. The shopping experience was very leisurely-no one was in a rush. It seemed I was the only one hoping to get out of there fast since I had to check out of my hotel lol.

Reactions: c18027
Adding my experience visiting the Kyoto store last week of December.

I would recommend going as soon as it opens. I was there almost right away after 10. I was the third client so had to wait just a little bit before being seen. There were only 2 SAs. A short line formed quickly but by the time I left, the line was long. I asked for specific things and didn’t take too long to decide but the whole checkout process took a while. Then you had to go to the 7th floor for the tax refund. I suggest setting aside plenty of time. When I left, the other SA was still serving the first couple (locals) who were picking up a few mini anjous and St. Louis totes with very cute marquage drawings. The shopping experience was very leisurely-no one was in a rush. It seemed I was the only one hoping to get out of there fast since I had to check out of my hotel lol.

I suppose locals can get as many as they want, as a tourist I was told only 1 bag per 6 months.

So my family is back. They were able to get me the Artois GM in black tan. They tried multiple stores and got lucky in Kyoto. I also called all of the stores prior to them going to check their stock. They were very nice and helpful.
Def have back up colors/options in mind.

Reactions: c18027
Went to the Shinjuku store a few days ago and was told Artois and Anjou Mini were all sold out, was pretty bummed. Today I went to the Nihonbashi store expecting the same and they had Artois (PM, MM), St Louis (MM) and Anjou Mini, all in black! Also saw in a few other colours as well. Happy to say I picked up what I was looking for ◡̈.
Did u see the mini Anjou in other colours

Anyone know if it's possible to connect with an SA beforehand to order a bag for pickup when I arrive?

I really want a Belvedere but I went to about 6 boutiques in Japan last year, waited in line for 30+ minutes at each only to find that they had 0 stock of anything popular. Don't want to waste time waiting in line to be disappointed again.

Anyone know if it's possible to connect with an SA beforehand to order a bag for pickup when I arrive?

I really want a Belvedere but I went to about 6 boutiques in Japan last year, waited in line for 30+ minutes at each only to find that they had 0 stock of anything popular. Don't want to waste time waiting in line to be disappointed again.

They told me no to this at Takashimaya. :/

• Sad
Reactions: cmln