it's not for everyone

HiHeels

united
Apr 8, 2006
but i like this pic (carolyn's birkin on the ground - getty images). i did not put this in the socialite's thread because i thought the bag on the ground might generate an interesting discussion that applies to hermes, luxury, attitudes. it's more than just a pic of a rich woman with an expensive bag.

Attachments

• carolyn's birkin on the ground - getty images.jpg
    carolyn's birkin on the ground - getty images.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 586
Great photo HH; I really think Hermes would approve. Here is a woman who wears her H-bag and not vice versa.

One of my favorite observations in Paris was that the H-bags seemed such an natural extension of its owners, with neutral-colored Kellys swinging from the shoulders, flap on the the turnkey, straps loose, and the bags looked like they had been used for a long time. When I mentioned this to the SA, he nodded in approval, stating that these bags are meant to be *used.*

It was obvious who the non-locals were because there just wasn't the same effect when they had their H-bags and the bags also had a bit more flash and "newness" to it....more reverence than usage which sometimes I'm guilty of. Still finding the right moment to dive in and make my black box Kelly my own, but I do find this photo of CBK highly inspiring!

I agree, ORCHIDS. I think that might be partly why I love these vintage bags....they already have that lived in look! LOL!!!!

I seem to pamper my Rouge H Box Birkin but fling my Black Clemence Birkin around like there's no tomorrow.....:shrugs:

Great point you make, HH! Personally, one of the most cheerful moments of every day for me is picking which handbag I'm going to use for the day in the morning before I go out. It's such a happy task! I do try to be more careful with certain ones, but they're all a big part of my "look." I feel very fortunate that I have many to choose from.

LOVE this pic of CBK!:love: Thanks for posting, HH.

IMO, there is nothing worst than spending a fortune on a bag (or any other luxury item) and NOT being able to enoy it. What was the point of buying it then?

I :heart::heart::heart: this! Thank you so very much for posting this, HiHeels! :flowers:

attachment.php