Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

pinky7

O.G.
Jan 11, 2012
I’m new here and not sure if I’m posting this in the correct location. But I’ve just bought my LV neverfull a week ago and did the whole leave it in the window for a week and then use pure water baby wipes on it before using. Is this creasing normal? I’ve never used it..

Yes this is very normal on the Neverfull and inevitable to prevent in the future. I’ve had 3 and all of them developed wrinkling overtime so I wouldn’t worry at all. Same thing with my Galliera GM or any other bag that has the Vachetta lining at the mouth/top of the bag

Reactions: janetaz

Gheorghina

Jul 16, 2022
That dent in the chap would bother me
It’s definitely bothering me. I’ve tried rubbing it out and it doesn’t seem like it’s doing anything to it…. I’m saddened because it’s otherwise a perfect bag and I adore it. And I feel like I got lucky because it’s made in France and that’s what I wanted so much… I ordered the 25 and the 30 because I wasn’t sure which size would look ok on my frame and there’s not LV boutique for me to physically go in and check them out, and I decided on the 30, but the 25 didn’t have this dent and the 25 was made in the USA. Which is fine but I think because this is made in France and it’s original print, makes it so much more special

Reactions: _vee

Jasyu

Aug 1, 2022
I found glues on the edge the first day. The sales tried to use an erase to rub it off... ruined the stiches on the bag a little bit. And the next day I found wrinkles on the strap...is this normal?
I'm frustrated. I took it to the repair center, a lady ordered a new one for me right away. When the new straps arrived after two and a half weeks,the new straps looks worse the one I have. I took the original one home and contacted the online repairment center as instructions. The first available appointment is after another three weeks. Stupid me waited for the appointment instead of requesting an exchange or return. The lady who had virtual assessment with me said she thinks it's not normal either. However, after we hung up the phone, she sent an email saying they think that's normal...now it's wait beyond 30 days return frame.

20220730_221939.jpg

20220730_222027.jpg

20220730_222123.jpg

LVlvoe_bug

O.G.
Jul 14, 2012
I found glues on the edge the first day. The sales tried to use an erase to rub it off... ruined the stiches on the bag a little bit. And the next day I found wrinkles on the strap...is this normal?
I'm frustrated. I took it to the repair center, a lady ordered a new one for me right away. When the new straps arrived after two and a half weeks,the new straps looks worse the one I have. I took the original one home and contacted the online repairment center as instructions. The first available appointment is after another three weeks. Stupid me waited for the appointment instead of requesting an exchange or return. The lady who had virtual assessment with me said she thinks it's not normal either. However, after we hung up the phone, she sent an email saying they think that's normal...now it's wait beyond 30 days return frame.

View attachment 5580565

View attachment 5580566

View attachment 5580567
The strap would bother me….the return timeframe can sometimes be waived or extended for some situations….I would check and see about a return or exchange and explain your situation..

Reactions: Loriad

D0123

Jul 1, 2018
So it looks like LV did a crappy photoshop job to hide glazing issues on the pictures of the giant monogram nano speedy (image taken from the website)... Is it just me or does this seems like a very obvious attempt to hide quality issues haha?

Screenshot Nano Speedy.jpg

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
So it looks like LV did a crappy photoshop job to hide glazing issues on the pictures of the giant monogram nano speedy (image taken from the website)... Is it just me or does this seems like a very obvious attempt to hide quality issues haha?

View attachment 5586106
They do Photoshop all of their press photos, and many is made way too obvious. They try to hide spilled paint, align patterns and labels on hardware, etc...
What I don't get is why they use contrasting paint on any of their grained leathers. The (plastic) Empreinte and the super luxurious Taurillon both look horrible when having their edges done with a contrasting colour. Machine painting is only bearable on smooth edges. Of course they could make it by hand the Hermès way, but this is way faster and people are still OK with buying a 1000€ wallet with wavy edges.

Reactions: _vee and D0123