Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Yes. It will flatten out over time as you fill it with your items and use it. From what I understand, the Reissue is shipped flat and is meant to have a much softer structure than the Classic. Mine is just like yours. Enjoy your bag!

Thank you for sharing! I understand it’s folded but didn’t know the interior would be crinkled too lol

Hi guys, I purchased a new classic jumbo flap in caviar and after about 2 months of use, I noticed some dents just above the closure. I think it's caused from the snap but I close the turnlock. Now I don't normally close the snap button unless I'm storing it.

I sent it off to Chanel for repair and they were able to straighten a bit more (see photos of the after) but I'm still bothered by it. I watched youtube videos of people with classic flaps who don't snap their button closures, have owned their bags for over 5 years, and don't seem to have this issue...

Have you guys seen this before? Is it a pretty common issue? Do you all always snap the button closure?

Appreciate the forums advice. And happy new year!

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

Hi guys, I purchased a new classic jumbo flap in caviar and after about 2 months of use, I noticed some dents just above the closure. I think it's caused from the snap but I close the turnlock. Now I don't normally close the snap button unless I'm storing it.

I sent it off to Chanel for repair and they were able to straighten a bit more (see photos of the after) but I'm still bothered by it. I watched youtube videos of people with classic flaps who don't snap their button closures, have owned their bags for over 5 years, and don't seem to have this issue...

Have you guys seen this before? Is it a pretty common issue? Do you all always snap the button closure?

Appreciate the forums advice. And happy new year!

View attachment 4943938

View attachment 4943939
Mine does that too!! This is my only flap that does it though.. Andi have no idea why, I never snap it closed9FF76ED6-4370-48E8-9D47-316583EB68D5.jpeg776050F9-3E8A-423B-B38D-0C9671335562.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh it does look like someone was trying to close it, and it may be dented in the process. I don’t have this with my M/L, I also never bother to close the snap button. I tried once it took too much effort, I suggest you don’t close it during storage.

Reactions: Myybags
That happened to me with my reissue, I was not careful enough while closing the turnlock, and the snap button got caught in that part of the pocket and bent the leather. Now I am more cautious and make sure the snap button is not getting caught while closing the turnlock.

Reactions: krissye
Oh it does look like someone was trying to close it, and it may be dented in the process. I don’t have this with my M/L, I also never bother to close the snap button. I tried once it took too much effort, I suggest you don’t close it during storage.
I agree. I wouldn't close it during storage. I have classic flaps about 8 years old and none of them have that. I've never closed the snap. I even forgot it had it

During storage do you have a felt between the flaps to protect it too

Reactions: Myybags and krissye
I agree. I wouldn't close it during storage. I have classic flaps about 8 years old and none of them have that. I've never closed the snap. I even forgot it had it

During storage do you have a felt between the flaps to protect it too

When I store it, I make sure to close the snap closure and put all the felts I got with the bag. It must have happened when I was using it during daily use.

That happened to me with my reissue, I was not careful enough while closing the turnlock, and the snap button got caught in that part of the pocket and bent the leather. Now I am more cautious and make sure the snap button is not getting caught while closing the turnlock.
Thank you for sharing! I definitely want to be more careful

Reactions: Mom30raps
I noticed the same thing on my classic flap when I’d had it only a couple of weeks and I never close the press stud closure ever. There is a circular indentation above the turn lock. I think it’s from the back of the press stud pressing on the leather when the turnlock is closed. I thought the impression would wear away after a bit and I always store it with the felt in place when not in use so it must have happened when I was out and about with the bag. It’s not got any better unfortunately. I’ve never had this with any other classic flap I’ve owned. I feel the caviar leather on my bag is super soft as I posted about another issue with the inner front pocket being very bendy and flimsy and causing some wrinkles and softness to the quilts towards the bottom of the bag.

Hi ladies , I just picked up my brand new classic flap Chanel Monday and noticed this on the strap. I thought the strap is two continuous pieces of leather but saw this. Is this normal? Is this actually suppose to be tucked where the metal strap meet so I don’t see it?

DAC87BE1-B020-4057-907B-CC43819EEDA0.jpeg

92176906-BEE5-49D2-8097-70B6C5FF97B3.jpeg

Reactions: Myybags