Is this a defect, is this normal for this Chanel item?

Hey guys,
I don’t usually examine my new bags with a magnifying loop but today I couldn’t help noticing these flaws on my new mini coco handle. Some of the holes where the needle punctures through the caviar leather look a bit ripped. I circled the area for your reference in the photos attached. I’ve kept it past the 14 days exchange/return window although I haven’t had a chance to wear it yet. I really don’t want to have to deal with repairs down the road. You think I should bring it back and ask for store credits? I’m not hoping to find a replacement as stock is somewhat limited in Canada. How is everyone’s experience with exchange passed the date? Thanks for sharing any inputs!!

27C82A8D-0C2B-4160-B291-F448B1ABC629.jpeg

37069757-EAAA-4DB4-AE83-F5CF670BBE96.jpeg

Last edited:
I brought it back & they gave me store credit for it. First they said the bag was hand stitched so it’s not unusual for the way it looks. But I insisted that I’m not happy if I kept it. Problem solved!
Thanks again for you feedback!

cheers!

Reactions: Myybags
For a brand new bag, does anyone think there are too many wrinkles on this goatskin chanel 19?

Attachments

• 20201122_095612.jpg
    20201122_095612.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 120
  • 20201122_095749.jpg
    20201122_095749.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 20201122_094843.jpg
    20201122_094843.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 115
The 19 is not meant to be a bag with lots of structure. For people that are concerned about wrinkling and lack of structure, whether goatskin or lambskin, this may not be the bag for you. I have a classic, a reissue, and the 19. The classic is the only one that I feel is truly "structured". That being said, I use a Samorga inside of my small goatskin 19, but don't feel that it adds tons of structure to the bag. It's mostly to protect the interior. :smile:

The 19 is not meant to be a bag with lots of structure. For people that are concerned about wrinkling and lack of structure, whether goatskin or lambskin, this may not be the bag for you. I have a classic, a reissue, and the 19. The classic is the only one that I feel is truly "structured". That being said, I use a Samorga inside of my small goatskin 19, but don't feel that it adds tons of structure to the bag. It's mostly to protect the interior. :smile:

I 100% agree with this!

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and honeybunch
I believe it is just the nature of that type of leather. I personally like the look. Is your SA able to show another bag for you to compare?
I went back to the boutique to compare mine with the other ones they had available. I saw a white goat skin version, the condition of the bag was pretty similar to my beige 19. The lamb skin ones were smoother and puffier, but the SA mentioned the leather might stretch out more. It's all personal preference!

• Love
Reactions: RT1
My medium cf doesn’t have this issue. My small does. My grey CF had this issue; after two uses it flatteened out completely. I wouldn’t let the lining bother u but rather the stitching and if the flap is symmetrical.

thanks for this! faced this as well..similar to above, i saw the youtube video. SA mentioned it is normal as it is 2 pieces of leather (sth like this? 0.0) and will flatten out after using.. but felt more assured after seeing this thread :smile: thanks @ Chanel lover for good for raising :smile:

Not sure if you have a picture of the lamb can share? I’m starting to afraid of the wrinkles now but when I bought mine my SA said my batch no lambskin now
Not the best pic but this is my lamb skin and it’s soft and smooth. No wrinkles but I did condition before wearing when I saw all the posts about the creases

Attachments

• E72659BA-05DB-4A10-982E-1F449BD4C87E.png
    E72659BA-05DB-4A10-982E-1F449BD4C87E.png
    884.1 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: blain and HavPlenty
Yes. It will flatten out over time as you fill it with your items and use it. From what I understand, the Reissue is shipped flat and is meant to have a much softer structure than the Classic. Mine is just like yours. Enjoy your bag!