Is this a bad idea? New Piece plus styling help!

Hi everyone!!

I recently bought a 5-motif vintage alhambra in the YG (the classic full gold) around december. I LOVE this bracelet. It is stunning, so pretty, sturdy, just everything I always ever wanted in a bracelet. I wear it daily with so much love.

I'm from indian descent, and we indians are very passionate about our gold jewelry. Indian women often wear gold bangles on each wrist, its a classic look and most keep them on forever...my grandmothers did this, my aunts and mother do now as well with indian clothing as well as casual western attire. That look of wearing one set of matching bangles/bracelet on each wrist is so beautiful to me, and I want that similar look, but with the vintage alhambra.

Since I already have one 5-motif that I LOVE...is it weird to get another exact same one (5-motif vintage in YG) to wear on my other wrist? I'm inspired by the indian bangles look from the women in my family...and I am completely enamored by the idea of wearing matching 5-motif alhambras on each wrist.

What are your thoughts? Is it a weird idea? Would it look bad or too gaudy? I plan to make my next purchase in a month or so...I was thinking of tigers eye at first to stack or wear alone...but now this YG-on-each-wrist idea has crossed my mind and I like it so much more! I could wear the tigers eye on the other wrist with my current YG one, but I don't think it will look as nice as having both of the exact same bracelets on each wrist.

Any advice and tips appreciated.
Honestly love this idea! I used to wear my Hermes croc CDC’s on both wrists as it seems to be disproportionate to have just one! But your reason is a truly beautiful one and I wholeheartedly say Go for it!!!!

@Yoshi1296 Hi! Glad to meet a fellow Indian on this forum.
I lived in India for the first 25 years of my life. I have seen women wearing matching bangles on their wrists 24*7 and I have worn it myself for special occasions with sarees(I was not into jewelry until my 30s and this was never my everyday look). However usually they match bangles not bracelets and I am having hard time visualizing wearing matching Alhambra bracelets on the wrists. Can you please post pics of the bracelets when you try them on?
I have thought of getting 2 RG Perlee clover bracelet and wear them on both wrists with Indian outfits but then I dropped the idea since I would rarely wear both at the same time and I already have enough Indian jewelry sitting unused. Have you considered getting matching bangles from Perlee line?
@Yoshi1296, I was going to suggest Perlee Signature on one wrist and the 5-motifs on the other (or stacked together on the same wrist). I don't know your work environment but have you thought of stacking the 5-motifs with a watch and the Perlee Signature on the other wirst? Of course these are all suggestions, so take away from them what works for you :flowers:

Do you girl, and rock those double solid gold motifs! Please share some modeling pics when you've got them!
Do whatever makes you happy! I personally have 3 different variations of a Tiffany necklace that I'm in love with (one plain, one with diamonds and one with rubies). My Mother thinks it's insane but they make ME so happy! lol. I think the matching bracelets would look lovely on you.

Thanks!!!

I am afraid of wearing bracelets on my dominant arm out of fear of damage or losing them - I tend to knock things accidentally so am extra cautious. Just something to consider, you may want to test it out buy using costume pieces to get used to the feel.
I only wear on my less dominant hand, but never thought about the reason why and this must be it. (I don’t wear my jewelry when I’m home to care for them properly - last thing on, first thing off.) I also find it annoying to take on and off when it’s on my dominant hand.

This is a good idea to test it out. I think it would look lovely and like the story behind the idea. I’m not Indian, but I have memories of my grandma wearing her gold bangle and it was the item I chose to take with me when she passed.

That is a good point! I never thought of that before. I do think I'm pretty careful overall, but maybe I can wear a cheap bracelet on my dominant hand and see how it wears. Thank you both for your thoughtful opinions!!

@Yoshi1296 Hi! Glad to meet a fellow Indian on this forum.
I lived in India for the first 25 years of my life. I have seen women wearing matching bangles on their wrists 24*7 and I have worn it myself for special occasions with sarees(I was not into jewelry until my 30s and this was never my everyday look). However usually they match bangles not bracelets and I am having hard time visualizing wearing matching Alhambra bracelets on the wrists. Can you please post pics of the bracelets when you try them on?
I have thought of getting 2 RG Perlee clover bracelet and wear them on both wrists with Indian outfits but then I dropped the idea since I would rarely wear both at the same time and I already have enough Indian jewelry sitting unused. Have you considered getting matching bangles from Perlee line?

I wil definitely try on and take pics!! Thank you!!
I did consider the bangles, I know what you mean about them usually being bangles and not bracelets. It is just that I love the look of the alhambra motifs! They are so pretty!

I love the idea of matching bracelets on both wrists! Think it will look quite interesting and special, not to mention it has cultural significance for you :tup:

Thank you!! I think so too

Honestly love this idea! I used to wear my Hermes croc CDC’s on both wrists as it seems to be disproportionate to have just one! But your reason is a truly beautiful one and I wholeheartedly say Go for it!!!!

Thank you! I have been dying to get a cdc to wear for quite a while! I'm sure you looke fab with yours!

@Yoshi1296, I was going to suggest Perlee Signature on one wrist and the 5-motifs on the other (or stacked together on the same wrist). I don't know your work environment but have you thought of stacking the 5-motifs with a watch and the Perlee Signature on the other wirst? Of course these are all suggestions, so take away from them what works for you :flowers:

The watch is a good idea, but a perlee signature and a watch are both kind of out of my price range at the moment. I do love the idea of two perlee signatures though!!

Also, I may sound crazy but I hate wearing watches! I find them so bulky and uncomfortable and always end up taking mine off, but I love them so much because of how beautiful and stunning they are! I do like your suggestions, and I have worn something similar to that stack before, so I will consider this for sure!! Thank you!!!!

It's a great idea, and I have done that but slightly different. I love pearls, and I like to stack pearl bracelets. Sometimes I like to wear two pearl bracelets together and at other times, I like to wear three.
I have three of the exact same pearl bracelet so I can stack them a I wish. I wear them on my same arm though.

I think you should do it. Good luck!

Reactions: Yoshi1296
It's a great idea, and I have done that but slightly different. I love pearls, and I like to stack pearl bracelets. Sometimes I like to wear two pearl bracelets together and at other times, I like to wear three.
I have three of the exact same pearl bracelet so I can stack them a I wish. I wear them on my same arm though.

I think you should do it. Good luck!

Thank you!! The pearls idea sounds lovely! Where do you buy quality pearls from? I'm hoping to buy a set from Mikimoto's for my mom this year!

Reactions: JenJBS and BigAkoya
Thank you!! The pearls idea sounds lovely! Where do you buy quality pearls from? I'm hoping to buy a set from Mikimoto's for my mom this year!
Hi! I'm a Mikimoto fan and those are the only pearls I buy and have many pieces. You will love Mikimoto! I have purchased mine from my local authorized Mikimoto store as well as the NYC flagship store. Most authorized Mikimoto dealers do not carry a lot of pieces, but you can go there and determine the pearl size you want, the quality, the length, and your preferred overtone , they can bring them in for you.

If you are new to Mikimoto, I would suggest you go to your local authorized dealer first, look at the pearl sizes, quality and overtone to get an idea of the differences. Good luck! I think your mom will love her pearls! Mikimotos are my first love of all jewelry. They just glow against one's skin. :smile:

Last edited:
I also realized that I can put both bracelets together and potentially wear them as a 10 motif necklace! How lovely!
Yes, you can do that, but the clasps will show, so it only works if that doesn't bother you. I have a 5 motif and a 20 motif and tried to attach them to make a super long 25 motif, but seeing the clasp near my face really annoyed me (it cheapened the look to me).

I would buy the bracelets to wear as you intended. If you happen to like them as a 10, that's a bonus. But I would not buy thinking you might wear them as a 10. Size the bracelets to fit your arms.

I think matching bracelets is very nice. If you really love them, you could even get two more sets and keep stacking... put a twist on the Indian tradition! You will be the envy of everyone and might start a new tradition!

Reactions: lucky7355 and JLO1
Hi everyone!!

I recently bought a 5-motif vintage alhambra in the YG (the classic full gold) around december. I LOVE this bracelet. It is stunning, so pretty, sturdy, just everything I always ever wanted in a bracelet. I wear it daily with so much love.

I'm from indian descent, and we indians are very passionate about our gold jewelry. Indian women often wear gold bangles on each wrist, its a classic look and most keep them on forever...my grandmothers did this, my aunts and mother do now as well with indian clothing as well as casual western attire. That look of wearing one set of matching bangles/bracelet on each wrist is so beautiful to me, and I want that similar look, but with the vintage alhambra.

Since I already have one 5-motif that I LOVE...is it weird to get another exact same one (5-motif vintage in YG) to wear on my other wrist? I'm inspired by the indian bangles look from the women in my family...and I am completely enamored by the idea of wearing matching 5-motif alhambras on each wrist.

What are your thoughts? Is it a weird idea? Would it look bad or too gaudy? I plan to make my next purchase in a month or so...I was thinking of tigers eye at first to stack or wear alone...but now this YG-on-each-wrist idea has crossed my mind and I like it so much more! I could wear the tigers eye on the other wrist with my current YG one, but I don't think it will look as nice as having both of the exact same bracelets on each wrist.

Any advice and tips appreciated.
Hello my fellow ‘of Indian descent’ jewelry lover :hugs:... I love the idea of creating a balance and wearing each of the bracelets on both wrists. I would prefer the same bracelet on both wrists. Just creates a cohesive, symmetrical look in my opinion. Have you thought about solid bracelets instead of the 5 motif? I am a little biased towards solid bracelets/bangles. I have three of the perlee bracelets and often think that in an ideal world where my wishlist was complete, I would spend my money getting doubles of the three bracelets so I could wear them on both wrists:hbeat:... but alas, I still have other things on my wishlist so that wish of mine gets pushed down the priority list:girlsigh:.. so for now I create that look with all my Indian gold bangles!

I am excited for you and cannot wait to see what you decide in the end! Do share pics with us please.

Hi! I'm a Mikimoto fan and those are the only pearls I buy and have many pieces. You will love Mikimoto! I have purchased mine from my local authorized Mikimoto store as well as the NYC flagship store. Most authorized Mikimoto dealers do not carry a lot of pieces, but you can go there and determine the pearl size you want, the quality, the length, and your preferred overtone , they can bring them in for you.

If you are new to Mikimoto, I would suggest you go to your local authorized dealer first, look at the pearl sizes, quality and overtone to get an idea of the differences. Good luck! I think your mom will love her pearls! Mikimotos are my first love of all jewelry. They just glow against one's skin. :smile:
Yes, you can do that, but the clasps will show, so it only works if that doesn't bother you. I have a 5 motif and a 20 motif and tried to attach them to make a super long 25 motif, but seeing the clasp near my face really annoyed me (it cheapened the look to me).

I would buy the bracelets to wear as you intended. If you happen to like them as a 10, that's a bonus. But I would not buy thinking you might wear them as a 10. Size the bracelets to fit your arms.

I think matching bracelets is very nice. If you really love them, you could even get two more sets and keep stacking... put a twist on the Indian tradition! You will be the envy of everyone and might start a new tradition!

The clasp is a good point. I will definitely try it on and check. But yes, bracelets are the priority right now! Luckily my wrist is the perfect size so I won't have to do alterations!

Wow! That is so great to hear about your mikimoto pearls! Maybe I'll just take my mom one day and let her choose, I am in NYC so the flagship will be the closest one to me. Thank you and hope you continue to wear your pearls in good health!

People will certainly raise an eye when they see it. But who cares!! I think it sounds so great. Plus who doesnt want a motif on each arm?

Right! I love the idea of making people raise their eyebrows when they see me. I mean, why not get quirky and have some fun! Thank you!!!

Hello my fellow ‘of Indian descent’ jewelry lover :hugs:... I love the idea of creating a balance and wearing each of the bracelets on both wrists. I would prefer the same bracelet on both wrists. Just creates a cohesive, symmetrical look in my opinion. Have you thought about solid bracelets instead of the 5 motif? I am a little biased towards solid bracelets/bangles. I have three of the perlee bracelets and often think that in an ideal world where my wishlist was complete, I would spend my money getting doubles of the three bracelets so I could wear them on both wrists:hbeat:... but alas, I still have other things on my wishlist so that wish of mine gets pushed down the priority list:girlsigh:.. so for now I create that look with all my Indian gold bangles!

I am excited for you and cannot wait to see what you decide in the end! Do share pics with us please.

Hi!! Wow, I had no idea there are so many indians here! I agree with you that the look would be symmetrical and cohesive.

I am more interested in the bangle now that some, including you, have mentioned it. I wouldn't mind a bangle, I just really love the look of the motif more.

I actually prefer solid bracelets too, and I do have one of those simple indian 22k gold mens bangles (they're more popular to wear among sikh men, I think?). I could perhaps get another one of those and may stack them with the motifs, or just keep those two bangles as an option when I don't want to wear the motifs.

I will look into the perlee bangle! I love it so much but it is quite out of my price range at the moment so I'd have to wait and purchase both. The best part about stacking bangles, especially the indian ones, is the beautiful sound it makes, like jingly christmas bells!

Thank you for your help!!!!!

The clasp is a good point. I will definitely try it on and check. But yes, bracelets are the priority right now! Luckily my wrist is the perfect size so I won't have to do alterations!

Wow! That is so great to hear about your mikimoto pearls! Maybe I'll just take my mom one day and let her choose, I am in NYC so the flagship will be the closest one to me. Thank you and hope you continue to wear your pearls in good health!

Right! I love the idea of making people raise their eyebrows when they see me. I mean, why not get quirky and have some fun! Thank you!!!

Hi!! Wow, I had no idea there are so many indians here! I agree with you that the look would be symmetrical and cohesive.

I am more interested in the bangle now that some, including you, have mentioned it. I wouldn't mind a bangle, I just really love the look of the motif more.

I actually prefer solid bracelets too, and I do have one of those simple indian 22k gold mens bangles (they're more popular to wear among sikh men, I think?). I could perhaps get another one of those and may stack them with the motifs, or just keep those two bangles as an option when I don't want to wear the motifs.

I will look into the perlee bangle! I love it so much but it is quite out of my price range at the moment so I'd have to wait and purchase both. The best part about stacking bangles, especially the indian ones, is the beautiful sound it makes, like jingly christmas bells!

Thank you for your help!!!!!
What about the thin Perlee/pearls of gold on each wrist? The price is more comparable to the 5 motif vs the other perlee versions and I think it would give you more stacking options than the others. If you really love the 5 motif, though, I think you should go for that one. You can always stack them on the same non-dominant wrist for daily wear and change to one on each wrist for parties and get togethers for the visual impact you are looking for.

Hi @Yoshi1296 - another Desi/ VCA loving member here!
I love the idea of wearing matching bracelets and definitely understand the gold stacks especially during wedding or garba time ... you can look at the purchase for Alhambra in 2 ways :

1) two bracelets gets a 10 motif necklace (with Extender) so it has double purpose

2) As many other members mentioned - the perlee bracelets are also a lovely addition to stacking. They really give added depth to the bracelets that you would have in your stack.

My mom has the most discerning eye for jewelry and she mentioned - the perlee rose gold with Clover diamonds was the most beautiful bangle she has ever seen.

Good luck and can’t wait to see what you ultimately decide !

Hi @Yoshi1296 - another Desi/ VCA loving member here!
I love the idea of wearing matching bracelets and definitely understand the gold stacks especially during wedding or garba time ... you can look at the purchase for Alhambra in 2 ways :

1) two bracelets gets a 10 motif necklace (with Extender) so it has double purpose

2) As many other members mentioned - the perlee bracelets are also a lovely addition to stacking. They really give added depth to the bracelets that you would have in your stack.

My mom has the most discerning eye for jewelry and she mentioned - the perlee rose gold with Clover diamonds was the most beautiful bangle she has ever seen.

Good luck and can’t wait to see what you ultimately decide !

Hi!!

Thank you for the advice! I'm thinking the 2 exact same things as well. I'm starting to like the perlee and may add that to the list of future purchases!

I agree with your mom! In an ideal world I would wear one of those diamond clover ones on each wrist, I LOVE that bangle! But I can only dream of owning that, maybe one day I will!!

Thanks!