Is this a bad idea? New Piece plus styling help!

Yoshi1296

O.G.
Dec 29, 2012
Hi everyone!!

I recently bought a 5-motif vintage alhambra in the YG (the classic full gold) around december. I LOVE this bracelet. It is stunning, so pretty, sturdy, just everything I always ever wanted in a bracelet. I wear it daily with so much love.

I'm from indian descent, and we indians are very passionate about our gold jewelry. Indian women often wear gold bangles on each wrist, its a classic look and most keep them on forever...my grandmothers did this, my aunts and mother do now as well with indian clothing as well as casual western attire. That look of wearing one set of matching bangles/bracelet on each wrist is so beautiful to me, and I want that similar look, but with the vintage alhambra.

Since I already have one 5-motif that I LOVE...is it weird to get another exact same one (5-motif vintage in YG) to wear on my other wrist? I'm inspired by the indian bangles look from the women in my family...and I am completely enamored by the idea of wearing matching 5-motif alhambras on each wrist.

What are your thoughts? Is it a weird idea? Would it look bad or too gaudy? I plan to make my next purchase in a month or so...I was thinking of tigers eye at first to stack or wear alone...but now this YG-on-each-wrist idea has crossed my mind and I like it so much more! I could wear the tigers eye on the other wrist with my current YG one, but I don't think it will look as nice as having both of the exact same bracelets on each wrist.

Any advice and tips appreciated.

I love your idea of wearing matching gold bangles on each wrist to honor your Indian heritage. Sounds like it would look balanced and gorgeous, not bad or gaudy. Would love to see a picture if you decide to do that.

Thank you! I will most definitely post pics here if I do.

I also wear simple lots of darker and simpler outfits, so that's why I thought this would look even better on me.

I just thought it would be weird as I am a guy, but I try not to let my gender limit my self-expression.

Again, thanks!!!

I think it is an awesome idea to wear a VCA 5 motif all gold on each wrist. It will look amazing. Will you keep them on all the time or take off to sleep, etc? Take a photo when you get them!

Thank you!! Im hoping it does look good! I do like to keep my bracelets on as much as I can but I may take them off when working out or cooking to avoid any damage. Not sure. But I keep this one on all the time and it looks good as new! But overall I'm very careful of my jewelry regardless.

I will for sure share pics. Thanks!!!

I like that idea! I bet it will look amazing

Thank you! So glad to hear so many are supportive of the idea!

Hi everyone!!

I recently bought a 5-motif vintage alhambra in the YG (the classic full gold) around december. I LOVE this bracelet. It is stunning, so pretty, sturdy, just everything I always ever wanted in a bracelet. I wear it daily with so much love.

I'm from indian descent, and we indians are very passionate about our gold jewelry. Indian women often wear gold bangles on each wrist, its a classic look and most keep them on forever...my grandmothers did this, my aunts and mother do now as well with indian clothing as well as casual western attire. That look of wearing one set of matching bangles/bracelet on each wrist is so beautiful to me, and I want that similar look, but with the vintage alhambra.

Since I already have one 5-motif that I LOVE...is it weird to get another exact same one (5-motif vintage in YG) to wear on my other wrist? I'm inspired by the indian bangles look from the women in my family...and I am completely enamored by the idea of wearing matching 5-motif alhambras on each wrist.

What are your thoughts? Is it a weird idea? Would it look bad or too gaudy? I plan to make my next purchase in a month or so...I was thinking of tigers eye at first to stack or wear alone...but now this YG-on-each-wrist idea has crossed my mind and I like it so much more! I could wear the tigers eye on the other wrist with my current YG one, but I don't think it will look as nice as having both of the exact same bracelets on each wrist.

Any advice and tips appreciated.
I think it will be classic and beautiful!

Reactions: JenJBS
Hi everyone!!

What are your thoughts? Is it a weird idea? Would it look bad or too gaudy? I plan to make my next purchase in a month or so...I was thinking of tigers eye at first to stack or wear alone...but now this YG-on-each-wrist idea has crossed my mind and I like it so much more! I could wear the tigers eye on the other wrist with my current YG one, but I don't think it will look as nice as having both of the exact same bracelets on each wrist. Any advice and tips appreciated.

Do whatever makes you happy! I personally have 3 different variations of a Tiffany necklace that I'm in love with (one plain, one with diamonds and one with rubies). My Mother thinks it's insane but they make ME so happy! lol. I think the matching bracelets would look lovely on you.

Reactions: JenJBS
I am afraid of wearing bracelets on my dominant arm out of fear of damage or losing them - I tend to knock things accidentally so am extra cautious. Just something to consider, you may want to test it out buy using costume pieces to get used to the feel.

I only wear on my less dominant hand, but never thought about the reason why and this must be it. (I don’t wear my jewelry when I’m home to care for them properly - last thing on, first thing off.) I also find it annoying to take on and off when it’s on my dominant hand.

This is a good idea to test it out. I think it would look lovely and like the story behind the idea. I’m not Indian, but I have memories of my grandma wearing her gold bangle and it was the item I chose to take with me when she passed.

@Yoshi1296 Hi! Glad to meet a fellow Indian on this forum.
I lived in India for the first 25 years of my life. I have seen women wearing matching bangles on their wrists 24*7 and I have worn it myself for special occasions with sarees(I was not into jewelry until my 30s and this was never my everyday look). However usually they match bangles not bracelets and I am having hard time visualizing wearing matching Alhambra bracelets on the wrists. Can you please post pics of the bracelets when you try them on?
I have thought of getting 2 RG Perlee clover bracelet and wear them on both wrists with Indian outfits but then I dropped the idea since I would rarely wear both at the same time and I already have enough Indian jewelry sitting unused. Have you considered getting matching bangles from Perlee line?