Is there a limit of items that you can buy?

Well I ended up buying a new vernis key pouch from ebay.. it's just not in my first choice color which is bleu nuit.. if I hate it and really need the bleu I guess I'll resell this one and ask my sister or DH to buy the bleu one for me..

This has caused me to stop obsessing over LV, I used to spend quite a bit of time looking through this forum and I don't have that urge anymore.. maybe it'll return by the time I can buy again!

This is all very confusing. :thinking: During my pre-price increase binge, I wanted to get my 3rd wallet from my favorite store in Natick. But I didn't want to trek out there if I had exceeded my limit. (I had already gotten a cles, 2 wallets, a leopard stole, 2 bandeau, and a milla) So I called Irene and asked if I was going to be restricted and she seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. *sigh* What's up with LV?!?

Well I ended up buying a new vernis key pouch from ebay.. it's just not in my first choice color which is bleu nuit.. if I hate it and really need the bleu I guess I'll resell this one and ask my sister or DH to buy the bleu one for me..

This has caused me to stop obsessing over LV, I used to spend quite a bit of time looking through this forum and I don't have that urge anymore.. maybe it'll return by the time I can buy again!
Oh, keep the bleu nuit! I believe this is now a discontinued color on the vernis alma bags. Not sure how long it will be available in other pieces as well but I don't see this color at the store anymore and it's perpetually out of stock online. I'm keeping a tight hold on my zippy and alma in this color.

I am quite irked as well. I logged into my online account/wishlist and noticed that there was no "purchase" option on items that are clearly in stock and available to order on the website. I guess this means that I have met my "quota" for purchasing as well. My question is has anyone heard of someone being turned down in an LV store for this reason? I had planned on buying a Galliera in a couple of months and feel gutted/pissed off at the same time.

Well to answer my own question, DH surprised me with my birthday present which he purchased yesterday at LV with no problems at all. He said the SA was great and when she gave him the opportunity to examine the bag he said really didn't know what to look for to which she replied, " I do" and proceeded to go through three bags pointing out what she was looking for before settling on one. So I guess I am allowed to purchase in store but not online.

Talked with the store manager about it - it's really true that every country has the limit except Germany, she couldn't tell me why either and she said it doesn't matter if VIC or tourist, no one got limits here - but funny that France itself has a limit :biggrin:

Oh, keep the bleu nuit! I believe this is now a discontinued color on the vernis alma bags. Not sure how long it will be available in other pieces as well but I don't see this color at the store anymore and it's perpetually out of stock online. I'm keeping a tight hold on my zippy and alma in this color.

Oops! I wrote my post weird, I ordered it in violette but I want bleu nuit. The violette came and its pretty.. it just isn't what I really want so I think I'm going to ask my DH to order for me and keep my fingers crossed.

Was on the phone with my middleeast LV store manager regarding limit. He did mention that there was a limit set for ASIAN customers but he's not imposing the limit here. By the way, I just found out I can get nearly 20% cheaper than the price in M'sia- due to currency fluctuation!

Was on the phone with my middleeast LV store manager regarding limit. He did mention that there was a limit set for ASIAN customers but he's not imposing the limit here. By the way, I just found out I can get nearly 20% cheaper than the price in M'sia- due to currency fluctuation!
Not sure how accurate that limit is for Asians and if it pertains only to specific countries but I live in Chicago and I'm Asian and I don't have any limits set on me according to my SA....

I think this limit mostly applies to tourists since locals are less likely to be involved in this sort of business. I know many people in China making a living buying designer bags and iPads abroad, smuggling them through the Chinese customs and reselling them at a decent margin yet under the Chinese MSRP. Scalping is very common for all sorts of things in China: the day the iPhone 4 was released groups of scalpers bought all the stock available and resold them to the other people waiting in the queue, even nowadays it is very difficult to get some popular items without buying them from a scalper (Apple Hong Kong stopped selling contract-free iPhone 4 over 5 months ago due to scalpers and when I got mine through my carrier they made me sign a contract stating I was not allowed to resell it!). I highly doubt people buying so many bags are counterfeiters since there would be no need to buy the same bag several times to do this.

Where in the Middle East? When I was in Dubai late 2010 it was still more expensive than Malaysia...:confused1:

Also there's seems to be no limit to my buying bags here.:biggrin:

Unless you are a celebrity or a regular customer you probably have to wait. When I went there I saw people in the queue with Rolex wristwatches and Vertu mobile phones and heaps of shopping bags from various luxury stores that still waited 30+ minutes to get in. Today I went to a LV store in a secod tier city in mainland China and it was surprisingly crowded too.

In New Zealand (Christchurch and Auckland) I have never had a problem, 1 month ago I purchased 3 different wallets, 1 pair of shoes, 1 keepall, 1 messenger bag and 1 hardsided luggage bag in one day.

The only thing the SA lady told me was "I'm willing to guess you like your Louis Vuitton"

Oh, I was with my Mother though. I can't imagine what they would have thought if a 19 year old walked in by himself and bought all that.