Is there a limit of items that you can buy?

I just texted an SA and asked if this rumor was true. She said there is no bag limit per year, but you can only buy one bag per day...I guess there are just different rumors going around. I'm not sure which one is true.

I had placed an order for a vernis key pouch and they cancelled my order.. I called the 866 # and they said I had passed the # of purchases online and in store I can make for the whole year!!!

This year I've ordered 2 bags, 3 wallets, a toiletry pouch, an agenda and now I was going to order this key pouch and be done for the year anyway. It seems ridiculous to me because I've seen people on here do a reveal with more items! I really wanted this pouch for my keys.. is there anything else I can do?

I had placed an order for a vernis key pouch and they cancelled my order.. I called the 866 # and they said I had passed the # of purchases online and in store I can make for the whole year!!!

This year I've ordered 2 bags, 3 wallets, a toiletry pouch, an agenda and now I was going to order this key pouch and be done for the year anyway. It seems ridiculous to me because I've seen people on here do a reveal with more items! I really wanted this pouch for my keys.. is there anything else I can do?

Yes...Have someone else buy it for you who isn't worried about the 5 leather goods/year limit. My SA said that they are being really picky about this limit this year. I'm going to be making my LV purchase choices a lot more carefully this year than in past years...

I know of group of 'tourists' given free trips to Paris- it's called LV trips as they will be given free tickets & $ to go in and buy as many LV bags they can for their sponsor.
That's the reason why Asian chinese r so noticeable buying bulks of items. As long as they're paying with $$, I don't see anything illegal in it as the sponsor probably resell it for much higher prices. But what the sponsor did is his/ her business. The point is if LV wants to limit the sales in Paris, they should increase their price & have less customers!!;)
Personally, if I were given free ticket to Paris, I'll do it too as it's no hard work at all. Won't you all?

I'm swinging by my LV boutique this weekend and will ask my SA and the GM about the limit. There seems to be conflicting info. There are plenty of tPF'ers who buy many LV bags--definitely more than 5-- in a year, some in one shopping trip. I find it odd that LV has this restriction because when I got my empreinte Artsy's, I bought 2 at the same time (2 different colors) and came back a few weeks later to get another different color. Both times, there was no issue or any mentions about limitations.

My SA knows that I have several bags I'm planning to get that will be pushing me way over the 5 limit and my SA....and the GM, have never limited my purchases. Not counting the bags I've bought this year alone, I've already surpassed the 5 limit in total LV stuff. I'll see if I can get more clarification as I'm so confused myself on this 'bag policy' they have.

Funny info i may not tell you actually, at least my SA said she wasn't allowed to tell me

That limit exists everywhere except in Germany, but she wouldn't tell me why in Germany - but i'm glad that i can buy as much as i want on one day ^^

I am quite irked as well. I logged into my online account/wishlist and noticed that there was no "purchase" option on items that are clearly in stock and available to order on the website. I guess this means that I have met my "quota" for purchasing as well. My question is has anyone heard of someone being turned down in an LV store for this reason? I had planned on buying a Galliera in a couple of months and feel gutted/pissed off at the same time.

I've bought four bags, two wallets, a key pouch, and two bandeaus this year. I'm about to pick up my third wallet this weekend and I'll be purchasing another bag in April. My SA has never mentioned anything to me about limits when I'm there. However, I never buy more than two items in one visit. I've only ordered once from the online store though, so I'm wondering if the 5 items per year only applies to online purchases? You're probably limited to one bag per day in stores though. I hope someone else can get some clarification on this, because I'm pretty stumped.

I just talked to my SA today about this for a while. He said there used to be a semi strict limit on two items in one purchase but the five a year does not exist that he's heard of. He is a good SA, always nice and very informative, and been with the company for a few years now.

He said that the five per year that he's heard of is in France and this was mostly last year because they couldn't keep up with the demand of the goods and LV wanted to make sure there was plenty to go around.

I am already over five items this year and he's never mentioned to me anything about this, so I asked him.

For reference my LV store is the one in St. Louis, MO USA at Plaza Frontenac.

I went to my LV today and talked to my SA about the limit. My SA has worked for LV for over 20 years so she has very good insights. And--yes, there is a limit....but there seems to be no hard and fast rule. Some customers have limits...and then others don't. I have a great relationship with my SA and she said that I don't have any limits but I think it's because I'm a VIC and that I've known my SA for a long time and she is able to get around that limit.

She told me that technically, she can only do 2 items per transactions. But there are ways to go around it (which she didn't get into too much detail as to how). I guess LV has limits because of (1) the gray market (as mentioned in previous posts) which is the main reason, and (2) to make sure that everyone gets a chance to get their item without someone buying too many in one purchase. LV was a lot more strict on this limit last year due to the shortage.

Again, I think that if you are a long-standing customer and/or have a good relationship with your SA, there should't be any issues with the limits. I have purchased more than 5 items this year ranging from bags, bandeau, agenda, shoes, clothes and charms and I haven't faced an issue with the limits at any point in-person or online.

:tdown: However, this does suck because I know a lot of tPF'ers rely a lot on online to buy their bags and other items as there's no LV close to them so building a relationship with an SA is not always possible. I wish I had better advice and news.... my hope is that for those who do run into this issue, an SA or GM should be able to help or an 866-SA will be able to help with online problems.