Is there a limit of items that you can buy?

I have posted in several threads now about this happening to me as well....

I bought strictly online (although I have some boutiques in my area, my work hours prevent me from getting to an LV boutique during their store hours), and late last Fall when the 'shortage' started, my online orders (I did one to two per month and ordered approx. 1-3 items each time) started getting canceled as well, and when I called LV customer service as instructed by their e-mail, the CSR gave me the same message about the shortage and giving other people the opportunity to buy their products and they told me I'm "restricted" from making future purchases for 1 year (but they couldn't or wouldn't explain to me when that 1 yr. period began).

I thought perhaps they thought I was a reseller (I'M NOT!!) as I bought several of the same style item-ie. ZCPs and key/cles' but in different colors, and never more than 1 of the exact same item; In all my purchases, I only bought two bags, the rest was all SLGs and bandeaus.

A few months ago I tried going into an LV inside a Neiman Marcus to see if they had a particular cles, and before I checked out, kind of 'fessed' up to LV's 'ban', but they said they had never heard of such a thing, and I was able to buy the cles with no problem. I later learned here on TPF that the 'stand-alone' LV boutiques do not share their computer system w/ the LVs inside of dept. stores like Saks and NM, so I guess I could continue to buy LV through them, but they've been out of stock on anything I've wanted.

I'm still not sure whether if I did go to a boutique, if they would have a 'notation' in my account From LV.com's customer service to indicate that I'm banned, but I am going to Las Vegas in late May for vacation so I guess I will take a chance (of extreme embarrassment!) and check them out anyway just to see what they say.

What I find so ironic about all of this is that by banning me, LV has pushed me in the direction of now buying pre-loved LV things from resellers (ie. online consignment shops, and the Bay), and it seems that at least in theory, part of their item limitation policy was geared towards stopping resellers......

CA-Anonymous, I know JUST how you feel! The only difference with me is, by banning me, LV has pushed me in the arms of another designer. I feel as though if they don't want my business I'll just take it somewhere else.
The whole thing about *making it fair for everyone* is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.......

Same here. I am furious that I cannot buy more bags. I was banned last month when I went to purchsae my Neverful GM Monogram. I had to have my daughter purchase it for me. Now I am trying to purchase the Josephine Wallet and I cannot order that as well. LV should be glad that there are honest good paying customers who only buy the real deal. Not Fair!

Do you 'have to' give your name? My husband normally refuses to give his personal information in stores and I was expecting trouble so I just jumped right in and said 'my record's under my cellphone number' before they had a chance to ask him (he was buying me a birthday present). But I wonder if he had refused to give his information if they would have refused to sell to us? Might be a way around the ban if you are really determined to buy something.

Just as a follow-up to my post from April. After my 'banning' by Louis Vuitton (via a CSR on the phone after I inquired about a cancelled online order), as some posters suggested I do, back in April I called my local boutique to purchase a seasonal bag I really wanted (the Ailleurs Cabas Promenade) and the store didn't mention a thing about me being banned, so I didn't say another word about it and I received that purse with no problem.
In early May, I called my local boutique again to order another seasonal purse and again had no problems purchasing.
In early June while on vacation in Las Vegas, I purchased three items from the LV boutique in the Wynn- a scarf, an SLG and a bag charm, and most recently was able to place two separate online orders (bandeaus and one SLG), with no problems.
Having said all that, I am now starting to believe what some posters mentioned, perhaps the 'face-to-face' or "phone-to-phone" contact w/ an SA in a boutique does get you some 'points' in their eyes?? Who knows, it's all very baffling to me, but it seems the 1 year ban that I was informed of via the CSR at 1-800-vuitton late last fall has fallen by the wayside (keeping fingers crossed!)

Just curious SueLovesLouis, have you purchased a lot of purses, or SLGs or charms or Scarves/bandeuas, and were any of these the exact same style?), and do you primarily purchase in a boutique or online?

Just as a follow-up to my post from April. After my 'banning' by Louis Vuitton (via a CSR on the phone after I inquired about a cancelled online order), as some posters suggested I do, back in April I called my local boutique to purchase a seasonal bag I really wanted (the Ailleurs Cabas Promenade) and the store didn't mention a thing about me being banned, so I didn't say another word about it and I received that purse with no problem.
In early May, I called my local boutique again to order another seasonal purse and again had no problems purchasing.
In early June while on vacation in Las Vegas, I purchased three items from the LV boutique in the Wynn- a scarf, an SLG and a bag charm, and most recently was able to place two separate online orders (bandeaus and one SLG), with no problems.
Having said all that, I am now starting to believe what some posters mentioned, perhaps the 'face-to-face' or "phone-to-phone" contact w/ an SA in a boutique does get you some 'points' in their eyes?? Who knows, it's all very baffling to me, but it seems the 1 year ban that I was informed of via the CSR at 1-800-vuitton late last fall has fallen by the wayside (keeping fingers crossed!)

Just curious SueLovesLouis, have you purchased a lot of purses, or SLGs or charms or Scarves/bandeuas, and were any of these the exact same style?), and do you primarily purchase in a boutique or online?

Thanks for this information! I ordered 5 online and 1 in store, so that makes total sense. I will call the NYC store if I decide to buy another and see if that works, or go into the city. Thanks for this helpful information!:smile: