Is the Burberry trench worth it?

I bought this trench on a whim last year when it was on sale at a Burberry outlet in Spain. Half off the retail price, I couldn’t resist.

It’s very beautiful but SO heavy… I won’t get my money’s worth at all bc my area doesn’t get cold enough. I left it at my MIL’s so I don’t have to pack it every time we visit.

IMG_6783.jpegIMG_6782.jpeg

My Burberry trench coat was my first "big girl" "luxury" purchase, back in 2014, it was the Short Kensington Heritage in black. And despite living in Asia in a tropical climate, I did find some uses for it and did wear it quite often, and it even traveled with me to Seoul in December 2015 but of course it wasn't warm enough there. The last time I wore it was in September 2018 when I traveled to meet my boyfriend for the first time in Basque Country, Northern Spain and it was perfect. It held up very well through all the years, but sadly I have gained weight and muscle since then and it has gotten rather... small.
I might want to repurchase (In honey colour this time) but I can't really justify the price now as the prices have kept increasing through the years. That being said, like some/most of the commenters here have said, it really does look like a class of its own. Similar trench coats from cheaper brands just don't have the same feel/style as much as they try to follow Burberry.

Reactions: caramelize126
I have burberry trenches from over 10 years ago that have held up beautifully. I had to have the lining replaced on one of them but other than that, no issues and they were well worth it. But I agree, the prices have significantly increased- more than doubled since I bought my coats. I would only purchase on sale or at the outlet now. I dont think I can justify paying full price.

I was at the burberry outlet in Leesburg recently and I was told that burberry is slowing down sending coats to the outlets now. The pieces at the outlet were all full price. I called woodbury and the coats they had were also full retail price. Has anyone else heard this?

• Love
Reactions: Edonis06
Then I like to play with the different details/parts of the coat to change the style and the look so that I don't get bored about it : open the coat and tie the belt behind, pop up the colar, close one or 2 buttons and tie the belt in the front... they are so many ways it is crazy, whatever you do will look beautiful and change the style of the coat.

Hope my post helped you to take a decision. I am thinking about making a review about this trench coat and to compare it to other trench I got.

Edonis06 :angel:

I know this is an old post but did you ever end up making a review? I would love to see the different ways you wear the coat!

I have burberry trenches from over 10 years ago that have held up beautifully. I had to have the lining replaced on one of them but other than that, no issues and they were well worth it. But I agree, the prices have significantly increased- more than doubled since I bought my coats. I would only purchase on sale or at the outlet now. I dont think I can justify paying full price.

I was at the burberry outlet in Leesburg recently and I was told that burberry is slowing down sending coats to the outlets now. The pieces at the outlet were all full price. I called woodbury and the coats they had were also full retail price. Has anyone else heard this?
It is crazy how much prices have increased. When I bought my Kensington in March 2022 I saw prices were around 1850€~1890€ and now on the website of Burberry it is 2150€.

Thanks God I found a big bargain from second hand clothing website. A miracle lol like I said not everyone can afford to spend ~2000€ for a coat.
There are other things/stuff in which this amount of money should be spend (travel, investing your passion, learning new skills...) in my opinion.
Of course it is very personal and everyone do what she or he wants with her/his money :amuse:

I am not very familiar with outlets store and how it work. So I can't help you.

I know this is an old post but did you ever end up making a review? I would love to see the different ways you wear the coat!
Yes I did some review. And I posted some pictures here and there on some other threads :smile: but if I could do it again I would do a new and different review than the one I did. I learned so much since then. What is fore sure is that I love my trench and I am amazed at how stylish this coat is and how great it looks with any kind of outfit. I haven't seen a coat as versatile as a Burberry trench coat.

Here you go

:amuse:

• Love
I have a long standard tan trench and shorter sort of 3/4 black satineen trench with a removable lining. The black one I wear way more. The tan one I wear much less. I don't really know how to style it. Does anyone have any good resources for that?

I have a long standard tan trench and shorter sort of 3/4 black satineen trench with a removable lining. The black one I wear way more. The tan one I wear much less. I don't really know how to style it. Does anyone have any good resources for that?
Tan one ? Do you mean like beige or sand color or honey like described on websites?

There is nothing much to do. Dress as you wish, put your trench coat on and you and you will instantly elevate your look. It will look good anyway. I have realized that a trench coat is a perfect friend for any outfit.

Now of course you can play with the features of the coat like the belt or colar up... it allows the one wearing a trench coat to have various look just with one coat.

Tan one ? Do you mean like beige or sand color or honey like described on websites?

There is nothing much to do. Dress as you wish, put your trench coat on and you and you will instantly elevate your look. It will look good anyway. I have realized that a trench coat is a perfect friend for any outfit.

Now of course you can play with the features of the coat like the belt or colar up... it allows the one wearing a trench coat to have various look just with one coat.
Mine is super pale. Closest to this color:

1698104893657.png

I considered a Burberry trench but ultimately bought the Saskia trench by Hobbs London in navy. The Burberry trench is too fussy for my taste, with all of the details that I know some other people like. The Saskia trench had just enough details for me and a slightly A-line shape that was very flattering. The fabric is lovely and water-resistant. The lining feels good. I didn't see any point in paying an extra $2K just for the Burberry name and details I don't even like.

Can I self-promote? lol :flowers:

I think my first Burberry trench (c. 2010) is similar in colour to yours... it's not the latest "honey" colour, more like a warm, yet cool stone aha.

burberry-colours.jpg
2010 idk-what-it-was-called colour vs. 2022 Honey

It's a relatively easy colour to style, and while my article is summer-focused, I just throw on tights under dresses and it totally works!

I wanted one for the longest time, should've bit the bullet, the prices are insane now over 2k!
I tried the outlets many times and it's usually really big sizes or really small. I got one from the outlet last night for 1200 and thought it was a bargain lol