Is something slowing sales down or what??

That's what I do.
Sometimes (actually one time) something sells first day on.
Other times, maybe months go by and someone pops up.

i don't put my auctions on ebay anymore, just put it on bonanza with fixed price OBO
and people bargain like crazy, but at least on bon i would just put it there and let it there til someone buys that sometimes i forgot what items i put lol
at least on bonz i don't wait for uncertainty on bids

I'm trying to find things around my apartment to sell to buy yet another bag. I've sold other bags already. Are there any ideas you guys have or have sold in the past that work out well?

I'm trying to find things around my apartment to sell to buy yet another bag. I've sold other bags already. Are there any ideas you guys have or have sold in the past that work out well?

I've had decent luck selling brand-name clothing and unused, discontinued scent bath and body items. I also unloaded a few pieces of branded jewelry.

Lately, I've had a little bit more luck with the "virtual garage sale" sites on Facebook. I went thru and cleaned out everything in the house I wanted to get rid of, and found a few yard sale groups on FB in my city. It works kinda like Craigslist, more or less. I've made probably $300 or so doing that, including 2 low-to-mid value Coach bags. Not high dollar, but also not bad.

Any improvement in sales? I'm still waiting!! :tumbleweed:

I had a few this weekend, but my current sell-thru rate is about 23%. And I've had way more UPIs than usual lately too.

Any improvement in sales? I'm still waiting!! :tumbleweed:

It's really bad :nogood:. I have a purse (the only one on ebay) new with tags: I had 20 watchers the first time, 10 the second time, but no bid. I gave up. I'm going in vacation in August, and I will relist everything that doesn't sell next week in September. And it will be at a higher price :graucho:

I've had decent luck selling brand-name clothing and unused, discontinued scent bath and body items. I also unloaded a few pieces of branded jewelry.

Lately, I've had a little bit more luck with the "virtual garage sale" sites on Facebook. I went thru and cleaned out everything in the house I wanted to get rid of, and found a few yard sale groups on FB in my city. It works kinda like Craigslist, more or less. I've made probably $300 or so doing that, including 2 low-to-mid value Coach bags. Not high dollar, but also not bad.

I had a few this weekend, but my current sell-thru rate is about 23%. And I've had way more UPIs than usual lately too.

How do you find out this information?

Thank you!

How do you find out this information?

Thank you!

On my Summary home page, toward the bottom there's a section called "Listing Activity" and the last set of data in there shows ended listings, sold listings, and unsold listings for the last 90 days. I just made it a percentage by dividing my sold # by total # and multiplying by 100.
This DOES include relists, of course, but I wanted it to- it's just the % of my listings that end in a sale.

agalarowicz said:
had a few sales from my last batch. 3/12 items buyers wanted to return because 1) fit, 2) fabric too thin, 3) fabric too thick.

this just tips me over. (the returning for these reasons). The demands and expectations of these buyers purchasing from nothing more than a web-based garage sale or flea market have become BEYOND ludicrous. I truly feel for those sellers who have a surplus of items too nice to donate and have some resale value... I have loads of fabulous high end extras that will just stay as they are, extras in my closet...as a result of the abundantly abusive atmosphere that is eBay and the likes. Just despicable.

The demands and expectations of these buyers purchasing from nothing more than a web-based garage sale or flea market have become BEYOND ludicrous.

This is a great way to describe it. eBay is an eclectic auction site for people to unload their USED items at BARGAIN, garage-sale prices. The sellers on eBay are not Nordstrom and do not charge the 5x or 10x higher prices that Nordstrom does in order to sustain a lenient customer service department and unlimited returns. You either get one or the other.

i think the 50 free listings per month are clogging up ebay a lot.

i'm watching a pair of shoes that has been listed on ebay for over a month. the seller decreases the price by 25 cents each week. lame.

so maybe there are a lot of duplicate items on ebay right now. or maybe similar stuff by the same brand - so buyers arent opting for OUR items.

i also think that some things are showing up in searches.