Is Moncler worth it?

skybluesky

O.G.
Nov 9, 2010
Is Moncler worth it? I live in a cold environment and I’m considering splurging and getting a Moncler for myself. Are there any other brands that I should look into? I was considering getting another Max Mara wool coat but I tend to baby those items and I want a down jacket/puffer coat I don’t have to baby too much.

Reactions: bisousx
I like moncler a lot (they also make great shorts, go figure). However, you might want to check out other brands too like Herno (Which I think is a more feminine type of puffy; but yu might still have to baby it a bit) or a functional brand like arc’terex.

Reactions: crestfallen2983
Every company these days from zara to Hermes make a down coat. And then there are companies like Canada goose, moose knuckles and moncler that specialize in winter coats. Of course all ski and outdoor companies like arcteryx also make down. It depends on your price point and the look you want. Moncler is definitely more fashion focused but the higher price point doesn’t mean it will be warmer than a lower price point down coat.

I love down coats so over the years I've bought coats from Burberry, Herno, Canada Goose, Moncler, and Woolrich, as well as a few less expensive brands like Theory, North Face, Patagonia, etc. If you're looking for a fashion-forward coat, I'd go for Moncler or Herno. I find they are cut and tailored super well, especially for the more feminine styles, and also warm plus light. I wore a Burberry down coat for years because I thought it was stylish but it just wasn't as technologically advanced as the dedicated winter clothing makers so their coats were super heavy. Moncler and especially Herno do go on sale so I'd keep an eye out for those; I personally find them too expensive full price, for a coat you might not wear year-round. Mackage is an alternative that's really popular as well - it's Canadian-based and Meghan Markle is a fan of their coats.

If you're looking for a coat that can serve fashion and more rugged use as well, like a hike or skiing, I'd go for more heavy duty coats from Canada Goose or Woolrich. I prefer the latter - their fabric is less prone to fading and wear than Canada Goose and the brand is more low key. They do tend to be made for much colder weather than Monclers and Hernos though so you may not get as much use if you run hot often or don't live in a super cold climate.

Yes. My first Moncler, which was a first-edition Maya, lasted for 11 years. I live in northern Europe and we have like 7-8 cold months a year so I used it a lot, except when it was rainy. It loses its water resistant abilities after the first wash.

I only bought a new one, also a Maya, because I noticed that it was not as fluffy anymore. :lol:

The old one was still useable so I donated it to Red Cross.

Reactions: GaladrielDelabois
I bought a Moncler Gie last year and so far I really like it. The look is understated and I like that it's not too hot to wear but would not recommend for super cold climates.

Hello, both my husband and I own a Moncler, we both love it. He has the Maya and I have the baddie I hope I spelt it right, we both love the quality of it. Also the fact that you can remove the
Hoody, taking it from casual to smart look.
I would for sure recommend if you like it. We have worn if in night out, at also resorts also evening events.

Attachments

• 8CC86FAD-C5EA-4C75-B877-D7568F205394.jpeg
    8CC86FAD-C5EA-4C75-B877-D7568F205394.jpeg
    154 KB · Views: 172
I know that Moncler uses very high standards to ensure they use certified animal farms that are certified with
Safety protocol's also no animal
Cruelty is done but, you can read it here
But once feather’s are involded it’s for sure not vegan.

I love my Moncler. I bought it used and love it every second of it. I thought about Canada Goose because of price but it seems too casual to wear to work and see clients. Moncler can go both ways.

Love moncler and herno. They’re worth it if you will love and use them
also, it sounds weird, but moncler has great shorts than can be easily worn with a chanel or Dior RTW top, sweater or jacket

Reactions: bisousx
I love down coats so over the years I've bought coats from Burberry, Herno, Canada Goose, Moncler, and Woolrich, as well as a few less expensive brands like Theory, North Face, Patagonia, etc. If you're looking for a fashion-forward coat, I'd go for Moncler or Herno. I find they are cut and tailored super well, especially for the more feminine styles, and also warm plus light. I wore a Burberry down coat for years because I thought it was stylish but it just wasn't as technologically advanced as the dedicated winter clothing makers so their coats were super heavy. Moncler and especially Herno do go on sale so I'd keep an eye out for those; I personally find them too expensive full price, for a coat you might not wear year-round. Mackage is an alternative that's really popular as well - it's Canadian-based and Meghan Markle is a fan of their coats.

If you're looking for a coat that can serve fashion and more rugged use as well, like a hike or skiing, I'd go for more heavy duty coats from Canada Goose or Woolrich. I prefer the latter - their fabric is less prone to fading and wear than Canada Goose and the brand is more low key. They do tend to be made for much colder weather than Monclers and Hernos though so you may not get as much use if you run hot often or don't live in a super cold climate.

This is very helpful @lalame, I'm bookmarking this for future reference!

• Love
Reactions: lalame
I own several Moncler coats as well as several Canada Goose in varying lengths and warmth. For really cold weather, I pull out the canada goose as they are thick, warm, and well made. The down side is that they can be bulky and heavy. Moncler is light as air. You don't feel weighed down at all. Moncler is also much cheaper in Europe. 30-40% lower than the US price from my experience.