Is Moncler worth it?

The fabric for down stuffing has to be tough & tight to keep all the little down particles inside.

Haven’t had any Moncler yet, however is hard to go wrong with any of the major brands.

I’ve found the EU brands to be more stylish & sturdy.
Bognor
post Card
Peak Performance,
Henro

I can highly recommend Bognor down jackets as one of mine survived a multi rollover car crash & lots of glass without any damage. It’s still my most worn favourite & is still perfect.

I have been trying to buy a moncler puffer coat for awhile but since I don't live near a store that carries them have been having to do the order online, try on, return thing. I've gone through a few different models and sizes trying to find what I like and my size. I currently don't own one but I have another one on the way lol, I do own a canada goose bomber though. Quality wise, I don't think they are worth the money because its about on par with the cheaper canada goose (for puffer models), I do feel like you would have to baby most moncler models over canada goose, atleast the ones i've seen in person. But I like the look of moncler more and I feel its generally more understated as far as visible branding than canada goose. Canada goose just looks more casual to me. Price point has nothing to do with the warmth but moncler has some heavy and lighter fill models, but I don't think they will be as warm as like a canada goose parka. One of the moncler coats I got to try on (the menthe model) had feathers coming out of it which concerned me a little but other coats i got were fine. Also moncler has more sizing ranges for some of the models than canada goose. I do have other moncler clothing items that aren't the coats and I like those a lot. Ultimately its overpriced for the quality imo so its not "worth it", but its more about the style and look you want.

Reactions: bisousx
Update because my coat came: I think I'm giving up on moncler, for jackets. I'm just fed up with it and not having luck with their jackets. I have several other clothing items and I love them so I really wanted a jacket but its just not working for me. The most recent one came and although I ordered 2 sizes up from the last one I sent back, its really not much bigger and still kinda tight in the same area (but is now too loose elsewhere). So the jacket sizing is kind of weird. Also this model (ments), and some, but not all others have had down coming out of the seams while brand new. Like a $1500 coat is already leaking down right out of the box? What is it going to look like in 6 months? The ments and some of the other items in the Longue Saison collection are very very delicate where I feel like I will have to be very careful with it. Like so careful I am not even sure I'd want to wear bags with chanel chains because I feel like they may damage it. Some of the heavier coats I've tried are not so delicate and feel better quality but its not cold enough where I live for those heavy coats. Sadly I am going to give up on moncler for now and look at other brands.

I also live in a cold climate ( Canada ) and I have a few Moncler coats. They are more of a fashion piece but do the job to keep you warm. I personally love the Hermine down jacket, it’s stood the test of time and kept me warm. But if you looking for something else I’d check out also Herno as other posters have said!

Canada Goose is warmer but is really heavy and bulky. I like the light weight of Moncler! I own the model Seritte and I was hooked. It is one of my most worn jackets. Just bought a Hermine from the Vegas store! Moncler jackets are indeed more delicate as others described, but are slim fitting, light weight and more sophisticated looking.

Reactions: wisconsin
Canada Goose is warmer but is really heavy and bulky. I like the light weight of Moncler! I own the model Seritte and I was hooked. It is one of my most worn jackets. Just bought a Hermine from the Vegas store! Moncler jackets are indeed more delicate as others described, but are slim fitting, light weight and more sophisticated looking.

Is the seritte really thick and warm? That was one of the models I liked but I never tried it because it looks like from the pictures it might be too warm for me. The warmth of the bady, menthe, ments are close to what I need, the brouel, which I tried, was a bit too warm.

Is the seritte really thick and warm? That was one of the models I liked but I never tried it because it looks like from the pictures it might be too warm for me. The warmth of the bady, menthe, ments are close to what I need, the brouel, which I tried, was a bit too warm.
No. It is puffy but not very warm. It is actually a fall jacket. I wear it in 50-60 degree weather like now. I even wore it on the airplane during my trip to Vegas because the AC was too cold. :P

Reactions: Glamorous_girl
I just purchased my first Moncler coat (Fulmarus) and it is divine!

I don’t live or find myself in extreme cold weather so I wouldn’t be able to speak on its warmth - the coldest I’d experience is perhaps 20 degrees F in a dry California mountain area.

Moncler sizing is all over the place so if you have the ability to try it on before buying, I would do that. I wear a 3 in the Fulmarus and a 0 in the Laiche.

Reactions: shoes5678
I own several Moncler coats as well as several Canada Goose in varying lengths and warmth. For really cold weather, I pull out the canada goose as they are thick, warm, and well made. The down side is that they can be bulky and heavy. Moncler is light as air. You don't feel weighed down at all. Moncler is also much cheaper in Europe. 30-40% lower than the US price from my experience.

this is true! If the Moncler store doesn’t have your desired style in stock, the store can order it to the location and it will arrive in a week. So if you find yourself in Europe, I would make Moncler one of your first stops to take advantage of those prices.

Reactions: cindy05
To me, Moncler is definitely worth it. Aesthetically, I love the designs and fit of Moncler.

I also own several coats, gilets, trousers, sweaters, boots, and ski pants from the line and love them all. It’s one of my favorite brands.

For extreme weather and ski, I purchase the Moncler Grenoble line for my family. We own the full coats to the gilets, and ski pants, and they are both warm and nice looking.

If you are slim and don’t want to look like the Michelin man, Moncler fits the bill.

For skiing I’ve worn a moncler under an Arc’teryx shell, as the moncler by itself, esp. with the fur trim hood, seemed to get a bit wilted. I prefer Bogner (Both jacket and ski pants) for skiing.

I still wear moncler, both the jacket and full length coat for running errands etc.

I think they are definitely worth it

I have 3 Moncler jackets and I wear them every winter. The designs are classic, they are super warm but lightweight and they still look brand new.

Also agree regarding the Grenoble range - its perfect for ski

I don't find the sizing all over the place. I wear the same size in all the jackets. Size 1 is perfect for 8-10 and is generous so allows for thicker jumpers underneath.

Reactions: Chaton
Update because my coat came: I think I'm giving up on moncler, for jackets. I'm just fed up with it and not having luck with their jackets. I have several other clothing items and I love them so I really wanted a jacket but its just not working for me. The most recent one came and although I ordered 2 sizes up from the last one I sent back, its really not much bigger and still kinda tight in the same area (but is now too loose elsewhere). So the jacket sizing is kind of weird. Also this model (ments), and some, but not all others have had down coming out of the seams while brand new. Like a $1500 coat is already leaking down right out of the box? What is it going to look like in 6 months? The ments and some of the other items in the Longue Saison collection are very very delicate where I feel like I will have to be very careful with it. Like so careful I am not even sure I'd want to wear bags with chanel chains because I feel like they may damage it. Some of the heavier coats I've tried are not so delicate and feel better quality but its not cold enough where I live for those heavy coats. Sadly I am going to give up on moncler for now and look at other brands.
Just checking it to see if you found another brand. I was in France and discovered Wellensteyne and while its not high end the store was packed and my husband made a purchase. I'm still hunting for my white whale coat for cold travel so any advice is appreciated.

Reactions: ehy210
I have the Moncler Moka coat and I love it. It is very warm. I am looking to get a vest but haven’t found one that is flattering. They are all a bit boxy. I tried the classic Ghany vest and some seasonal vests but didn’t love any of them. Does anyone love their Moncler vest and recommend it? Do you wear it often? Thanks.

Reactions: GaladrielDelabois