Is everyone into Designer bags?

heavensent said:
i biy what ever i like be it designer or not ..if it looks good i buy it :smile:
Ditto I cosign on that. There are plenty of affordable bags that arent knock offs. And a great bag is just that. I dont feel any different if a designer is swinging off of my arm or a not so noticible brand. IM the one thats gonna make it look good regardless. I buy both.

If you had asked me a year ago to spend $100 on a purse I would have thought you were crazy. The most expensive bags I would buy were Guess ones.

Then I started liking Dooney and Coach and now I'm addicted to LV. I'm slowly selling off my Dooney and Coach stuff to buy more LV.

I wouldn't spend over $1000 on a bag though.. I think... :unsure:

-Stephanie

Sherri S. said:
Not me. I LUV the one-of-a-kind aspect of vintage purses. They always get attention, and no one ever has one just like it.
Thats true I have a link to a vintage website that carries a variety of materials like croc, alligator, ostrich, etc.... Very classy bags from the 50's and even farther back that are still in good condition. I'll take one of those any day over a designer dud.

i only buy designer bags most of the time.. but if there is a lower class designer brand that comes out with a cute style.. i wouldn't mind buying it =)

fendifemale said:
Thats true I have a link to a vintage website that carries a variety of materials like croc, alligator, ostrich, etc.... Very classy bags from the 50's and even farther back that are still in good condition. I'll take one of those any day over a designer dud.
Just noticed you're in TX! Me, too. Just wanted to let you know about a way cool vintage clothing/purse/antique show coming up in Dallas in Feb. Check out www.victorianshow.com. I'll be there!

Hi Newbie here!!
I Love All bags,:love: But recently started going on a Banana republic spree.:nuts: I love the Bloomsbury and the Tangiers collection!! I really Love leather bags, and these are so georgous!! But I would buy the cheaper bags, I always have. Actually the most I've ever paid for a bag (so far) and was my first expensive purchase was the bloomsbury cognac! And now I think i'm addicted!! :blink: And it is true when you carry around a nice bag that you spent alittle money on and its gorgous, you feel like a million bucks!!:love: That was a expensive bag for me, but never say never!!:P

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world!"

I loev my BR Tangiers purse! It is huge and feel so comfortable on my shoulder it actuall is my favorite bag as far as comfort and functionalty go. I wish they were all this easy to carry! I also wish the bag came in some fun colors, I 'd buy a pink, ble and green if they did!

SuzyZ said:
to me, one really exciting designer bag is worth 20 average ones - not just quality and durability and design - but how great I feel when I have a great bag on my arm is really priceless!!!.

I have to agree! My husband says I am a bag snob, but then if I look at a bag when we are out shopping, he says "would you REALLY carry a bag from [store X]?" The man has a point! I dress casually (and practically) most of the time, so my bag is my statement piece.

starangel_sa said:
Hi Newbie here!!
I Love All bags,:love: But recently started going on a Banana republic spree.:nuts: I love the Bloomsbury and the Tangiers collection!! I really Love leather bags, and these are so georgous!! But I would buy the cheaper bags, I always have. Actually the most I've ever paid for a bag (so far) and was my first expensive purchase was the bloomsbury cognac! And now I think i'm addicted!! :blink: And it is true when you carry around a nice bag that you spent alittle money on and its gorgous, you feel like a million bucks!!:love: That was a expensive bag for me, but never say never!!:P

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world!"

Today, Banana Republic...tomorrow Chloe. You will look back and say "I only spent WHAT???" :biggrin:

It's a slippery slope--I think. When I was younger--I just loved purses, plastic ones, leather ones, cloth ones, etc. Then I discovered Coach, Kate Spade, nice department stores. Then I got a MJ, then Gucci, and from there it's grown. I wanted a Fendi B.bag for $1800 and a BV for $1180 all in one month. Decided I needed to slow down :P So no B. bag and no BV. And I'm taking it easy to find things I really love and not just buy, buy, buy. :lol: