Is Edith out of date?

If you really love it and it goes with your wardrobe and suits your lifestyle, keep it; if not, don't.

Use your instincts - if it still looks 'right' to you, it probably is. :yes:

Besides currently using (and loving!) a Chloe Clutch from the same season as the Edith was first released (S/S '06), I also regularly use a Chloe Clutch and a Continental wallet from 5 years ago (A/W '02), as well as Chloe bags from A/W '03 and S/S '04! :tup:

If you flip through the magazines and look at the shows on www.style.com, there are a wide variety of styles and shapes around at the moment; from clutches to shoulder bags to satchels. Some are structured, some are slouchy, some are plain and some are heavily embellished.

So, almost anything goes and there's something for everyone - which is how it should be! :biggrin:

The only thing I would say, is that the Edith is quite a well-known style, so it will be far easier for others to recognise and date, than it would be if it was a more obscure style.

Of course, that doesn't really matter, but if you would prefer the vast majority of people to not know how old your bag is; try to stick to the more obscure, non 'it' bags, where possible. :yes:

I absolutely love the edith and would like to find another!!!! It is definately a classic. I find that I get alot of compliments when I carry her, both from people who know she's a chloe and from those who don't( they just simply love the construction of the bag).
If it is discontinued, imho, I think thats great then you will not see to many people carrying the same bag.

Being new to Chloe bags I think the Edith is a great look. Really timless. Maybe it's one you'd carry for a long time, then take a short break but always come back to you, you know? I saw a red one the other day that I really liked and a green one. But overall really timeless- just like so many or their bags. Certainly I think the paddys and the Betty fit this as well, at least for me.

Under the Chloe Shopping reference section, there is a thread called Chloe Sale Miami NM. One of the posters mentions that there are red ediths at the NM Last Call in Denver and to talk to the manager, Janice. The phone number is not listed, but it should be listed on the Neiman Marcus website, under store location.s Sorry, I don't know how to post a link.