Is Edith out of date?

These take a licking and keep on ticking. I use my ediths as my briefcase and carry my laptop, files, etc. in them and have not had a problem yet. Been going on two months strong of daily use and no stiches falling out. Being an atty, I guess I am used to having to lug around a lot so the weight really doesn't phase me.

The only suggestion I would have if you chose to put your laptop in it is to buy one of those protective laptop inserts that are padded and you put your laptop in. I use it in my ediths with no problem.

Was thinking of doing that (put laptop inside bag). Glad that someone already did. What size is your Edith?

Mine is the messenger bag.

I think you should get the bag if you love it. Any major designer is going to make bags and then change them, that's what makes them valuable and vintage in the long run.
I wish I had been into Chloe when they had the Paddington Loaf style, as they are so cool. Now when i see them for sale they are more than their original price. Any great designer bag is a good choice, and Chloe especially now that Phoebe Philo is not designing for them. The bags will definitely be classic Chic!

I actually think the Edith is more of a classic than the Paddy... I love both, but the Edith, I feel like I can carry it forever. And since when did discontinued bags mean they aren't good bags? I'm glad they are discontinuing it, it will mean that less people have the same bag as me!

Edith is...............so hard to describe. I now own 3, a whiskey, a black (satchels) and a tall chocolate style (conteen??). I'm still deciding if I should keep the black (the tags are still on it, but the leather...tdf). The Edith is definitely a classic, there something about the look that's not 'tiring'. I own a lot of other designer bags, Prada, LV, Dior, Jimmy Choo, Tod's, etc.........but that Edith is a staple, one of my fav's.

hey guys. it's been a week since i've joined... and religiously reading everyday, snagged my first chloe... edith bowler for $600 something. it's the large one... & it looks like a weekender! I'm thinking it's TOO big as a regular purse.... what do you guys think?

I jut got my first Chloe bag and it is an Edith (NM last call denver). It believe it is a very clasic bag that will never go out of style. When you get older, you will still be using it.
I say: Go for it!!!:tup:

hey guys. it's been a week since i've joined... and religiously reading everyday, snagged my first chloe... edith bowler for $600 something. it's the large one... & it looks like a weekender! I'm thinking it's TOO big as a regular purse.... what do you guys think?

I heard they are huge....why don't you get the regular Edith Satchel? there are plenty at neiman marcus last call stores!!!

I ALMOST bought a rouge Edith a few months ago, but decided against it as the only size available was the medium and I wanted an over the shoulder bag.

I dont think its 'over' or out of date, I think its a classic style (btw I'm 19 and if I could get my hand on a large one in rouge or whisky I'd be all over it!!)

I just bought my first Edith today. I read all of the talk about it being available at NM Last Call and I just had to run over and check it out. They had Whiskey, Mastic (but very beat up) and Chocolate. They also had the huge Edith bowler in Red and Brown. I wanted the Whiskey but they were marked at $765 instead of $510. I talked to the manager and told her I really wanted the Whiskey but would not pay the additional $200+ for it. She let me have it at the lower price. I really like it and I don't think it will ever go out of date. It is a very classic style. Thanks for the tip on where to find them.