Is anyone over LV?

Let me sugar coat it for ya: She's simply an ostentatious, social climbin, name-dropping, gold insignia all over her Cadilac driving, biotch.

Hmm... I'm sensing that you don't much care for her. I could be wrong. ;)

I'm not over LV. But I must say I never got into the denim or perforated lines. I am terribly in love with the damier line. I'm torn about the suhali line.

My bank accout wishes i was over LV.
I, on the other hand, love that this is a long standing love affair.

you know better than to try and buy here! People get banned for this, please don't post that.

I thought I was over LV until I started lusting after a couple other lines that wasn't monogram. Unfortunately, I don't feel rushed to get anything from LV, even if there is going to be a price increase soon (and the following years). I don't really stalk ebay anymore ( :roflmfao: ) for good deals, and even if I do find a great deal (and I've come across a couple bags I sincerely WANT)...I become really hesitant and ask myself if it's really worth it. Especially if I have another LV bag that fulfills the same purpose (holding my stuff!). I only have 6 LVs, but honestly, these can last me years!

Granted, I will always love LV, and there will always be something I will lust after. And in the future, I am definitely going to get a couple others, esp. some SO damier noes. But for now...maybe I should give other lines a chance (Balenciaga, Burberry, Gucci, and Dooney!).

I'm an LV lover to the core, but I have to agree with others- as I get older, I am turning away from the Monogram Canvas bags and going towards the more subtle, non-logo bags. Although I love a lot of the Mono styles, I feel kinda self-conscious and conspicuous when I'm carrying a logo bag, esp. with my Burberry scarf, I'm wondering- am I just too overdone with logos? :sad: However I will also love Louis, especially the Epi, Suhali, and Damier lines- they are subtle, sophisticated, never go out of style, and you only know they are LV bags if you are "in the know." :graucho:
(Please don't take offense anyone- I still love the Mono Canvas bags and think they look great on people when I see them!)

I was so into LV that I bought probably 30 or more bags, which I think then killed my interest in LV, too much of a good thing? Then I went onto Hermes, yikes! went a little crazy there too. Next on, it's Balenciaga but I think I'm about done with my Bbag collection, maybe just 4 more to go. In recent weeks, I found that I'm starting to meander back to Hermes....but I realised that my interest in LV has really diminished. So, if you're asking "Is anyone over LV?" Then :yes:

I love my LV bags, but I must say because of its "popularity" I don't really use them as much as I used to.

Funny to say because just this past Saturday, I saw a girl with a fake sonatine, which is the love of my collection, and it hurt me so that 1. It was a fake and 2. She made it look so cheap by what she was wearing...

So as of right now, I am over LV. :shame:

I can't afford LV because I am a lover of big bags, and there is no way I could get the size I wanted in lines as expensive as LV *without having to save up for a very long time, and in the meantime I am positive there would be about 50 Coach bags calling my name anyway*.

I'm also not a fan of the colors of their bags. The monogram canvas seems drab to me. It just isn't my style. I will say though, that I did fall in love with the new denim line and would really love a denim speedy, but again when it comes to price, I just can't.

I agree with the others who have said spending that kind of money, for coated canvas, just doesn't seem cost effective. (Of course, there really is no such thing as "cost effective" when it comes to handbag fetishes, I know. *L*) If the bags were fine quality leather all the way through, then I could understand, but canvas...you're just paying for the name I think. I much prefer leather bags.

That being said, I do also understand people's desire to have them. It's like one of those status symbols, that says you are somebody and that you appreciate the best. There is something...I don't know, addictive I guess, about carrying a designer handbag. Especially one so easily recognized. I know for me, I don't like to dress up. I'm normally a jeans, sweatshirt, sneakers, girl and so by carrying a designer bag, it automatically raises me to a higher level I think. It sends that message that, "yes I may be dressed like this today, but I don't always look this way and I do love quality. I'm not a schlub." *L* Even though I'll be the first to admit, I am a schlub, just one with a passion for handbags. I also find that people in shops tend to treat me better if I carry a nice bag.

i like LV pieces here and there but i wasn't really hooked. i though i would be when i purchased my speedy but surprisingly enough - i felt contented with it.

now i can't get enough of MJ bags! :nuts:

There's so much more to LV than Mono:

dec10010222.jpg