Involuntary Coach ban support group

Yes!!! So much yes. Get rid of that clutter!
I swear by the Marie Kondo book. It changed my life- and that is not an understatement.

One of my favorite things from the book is if you buy more storage bins or ways to make extra storage, you're just allowing more clutter.

Thanks to Sarah (You posted about it a year and half ago, never had heard of it) I read the book and decluttered A LOT! [emoji3] There's still a lot more to do (feel like there will always be lol). The book is what initially prompted me to sell bags. That's true about the containers, although I admit to having a serious love for containers - The Container Store!! [emoji7]

Reactions: whateve and Sarah03
Remember when I said that when the Rogue went on sale all bets would be of? Well, it happened! Back in early March, I called one of my local outlets and asked them to put me on a waiting list in case the denim Rogue was deleted. About two weeks later, they called to tell me they had been informed that the Rogue would be sent out, but they just didn't know when they would receive it. They promised to call me as soon as it was in their system. WELL... exactly two weeks ago, they called saying the Rogue was in their system and available for purchase. I just needed to go to the store! Of course, I couldn't make it in that day or over the weekend. I decided that if it was meant to be, it would still be available when I was able to go. And it was! I couldn't make it until last week Tuesday. On the way there, I remembered my love for the tearose dinky in chalk and the tearose leather fobs.... Anywho, when I got there, the lovely SA who took care of me informed me that the bags were already marked down by Coach which means they would be 20+50 off!!!! When I heard that, I was sure I would take the dinky and decided to dive in for another Rogue. [emoji15] The whole process took quite a while. At one point not all the bags were showing as possible for outlet price and I almost walked away. But, the other SA there asked the one helping me, did you remember to put in F + the style number? So she started all over again and everything was eligible!!!! In fact, the fobs were at clearance price! I had never really been interested in fobs until I saw these at the store a year ago. A while ago there was conversation on this thread about having multiple bags in the same style. Well, I was one of those who didn't want multiples until the Borough and now the Rogue. The Rogue is actually my perfect size. [emoji7]
So why am I posting this so long after? As it turns out, everything came in on Tuesday, BUT there were issues: the denim Rogue had an embossed hangtag (and no dust bag), the dinky was missing the chain for the hangtag (and also no dust bag). CS was great and said they would send a new bag as soon as I shipped back the one I had- they sent me a prepaid label. (They couldn't do anything about the dustbags, though.) That bag came yesterday, but it was the wrong color! [emoji26] I was sent the red. I called again and they were great. They overnighted me another one and it arrived this morning. It is the right color and it was wrapped to the nines! [emoji41] (it also had a dust bag inside!!!!) The other two bags were unwrapped and may or may not have been used. Either way they are pristine with no scratches on the hardware or issues on the leather Wooot! (The chain for te dinky is also on it's way.)
Thanks for reading this lengthy post! Without further ado, here they are:
View attachment 3674342View attachment 3674343

I'm a happy camper! And am done for this year. Luckily I have a birthday coming up plus mother's day. I consider this a birthday/m-day stash...[emoji56]
Congrats!

Reactions: carterazo
Hi everyone. I'm ready to admit I need help. In the last 2 months I bought the chalk western Edie, grey suede rogue, black rogue, a preloved lv crossbody, a MK satchel and a Marc jacobs bag. I just keep looking and buying bags. I have at least 10-15 more bags. Coach is selling really slow and I get frustrated. Me and hubby are planning a short getaway and it's either Florida/cruise or Vegas. My first thought was if we go to Vegas how can I have enough money to buy something at Dior or Louis Vuitton. How crazy is that? The point of the trip is we have 3 kids under 6 and need time as a couple. I am currently carrying the Marc Jacobs because it is soft, big and beautiful and I have enough bags but I can't stop. So...here I am.

Thanks to Sarah (You posted about it a year and half ago, never had heard of it) I read the book and decluttered A LOT! [emoji3] There's still a lot more to do (feel like there will always be lol). The book is what initially prompted me to sell bags. That's true about the containers, although I admit to having a serious love for containers - The Container Store!! [emoji7]

I haven't read the book yet but the Konmari concept is definitely on my radar (thanks to Sarah who told us about it last year). It will probably be my summer read.

Reactions: BeachBagGal
Hi everyone. I'm ready to admit I need help. In the last 2 months I bought the chalk western Edie, grey suede rogue, black rogue, a preloved lv crossbody, a MK satchel and a Marc jacobs bag. I just keep looking and buying bags. I have at least 10-15 more bags. Coach is selling really slow and I get frustrated. Me and hubby are planning a short getaway and it's either Florida/cruise or Vegas. My first thought was if we go to Vegas how can I have enough money to buy something at Dior or Louis Vuitton. How crazy is that? The point of the trip is we have 3 kids under 6 and need time as a couple. I am currently carrying the Marc Jacobs because it is soft, big and beautiful and I have enough bags but I can't stop. So...here I am.

Hi there! Welcome! That's a huge first step to come here and admit you need help. So good job on that. It is very easy to buy bags and not tell anyone (no accountability, your little secret (hiding in the closet) so to speak, we've been there :smile:). 6 bags in 2 months seem a bit much/unusual -- but glad it provided you with some clarity on what's happening. Are you trying to sell your Coach bags? It takes a long time to sell these days unless you have some highly sought after rare items or you price things dirt-cheap. So sit tight and be patient with your sales (perhaps that can be helpful -- to say you can't buy a new bag until you sell some bags). Do you have a goal number in mind (say, to own 12-15 bags, or whatever)? Do you have an inventory list of your bags? If not, it's helpful to see it down on paper (sometimes people forget what exactly they have). Are there bags you own that you don't use anymore? Or are you just trying to stop buying new bags at this point?

We are far from perfectly banned here -- still get tempted and buy here and there. But I find it helpful to have a group of dedicated TPF friends who support you in your effort to stop buying. When we buy a bag (or thinking about buying one), we generally announce it here and there are some discussions around it. We get to know each other (after awhile) regarding the type of bags we like and what we already have. We are perhaps reminded by others that we recently bought a bag similar to what we just bought -- therefore providing some helpful feedback about our purchase. I know I get back on track with my ban when I am reminded that others here have far fewer bags than I have. Of course, I know everyone is different so there is no right or wrong about how many bags a person has -- but it encourages me to try harder to downsize.

How fun you have a romantic getaway coming up! I totally understand the temptation to buy a bag during vacation (been there, done that :smile:). It may be helpful to keep in the forefront why you are going away (to spend time as a couple, not to buy a new LV, lol). Perhaps you end up choosing the cruise which might make buying a new bag less of an issue.

And of course, you are probably already doing it -- try not to go to places (in store or online) where you will be tempted to buy a bag. I know that is more easily said than done but worth an effort. Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing. We are here to help however we can.

Reactions: BeachBagGal
I finally won a keychain that was on my wish list. Every time it has been listed, I've been outbid by resellers. This time I was determined and put in a really high bid. A reseller bid once but gave up. Luckily the price the auction ended up was about the same as what others have sold for.

Last week I won another one on my wish list for a really cheap price, probably about what it sold for at the outlet on clearance.

I finally won a keychain that was on my wish list. Every time it has been listed, I've been outbid by resellers. This time I was determined and put in a really high bid. A reseller bid once but gave up. Luckily the price the auction ended up was about the same as what others have sold for.
Yeah congrats!!! Can't wait to see it. I can't imagine what it looks like since you have so many gorgeous ones already!

Yeah congrats!!! Can't wait to see it. I can't imagine what it looks like since you have so many gorgeous ones already!
It's a leather dog.
What keychain was it? Pic?
I'll post pictures once it ships. I don't want to jinx it. Here's a picture of the one I got last week.

Attachments

• 92903_b4mc_a0[1] flower ball daisy.jpg
    92903_b4mc_a0[1] flower ball daisy.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 88
So I was surfing the web on my phone today! And DH asked me if I was still looking at purses. Of course dear! I explained that I needed to check to see what's going on with my listings including if someone asked for a lower price on an item, etc. He was surprised that this happens. He has sold some stuff on EB a few years back (like old iPhones and other tech or toys) and he said he never had to lower his prices and things usually sold quickly within a few days. That got me thinking. Is it so wrong/bad that I take losses (usually big) on just about every bag? Or do most purses just don't hold their value? Needless to say, I felt a little bad about this -- and hope to be more careful about my future bag purchases.

So I was surfing the web on my phone today! And DH asked me if I was still looking at purses. Of course dear! I explained that I needed to check to see what's going on with my listings including if someone asked for a lower price on an item, etc. He was surprised that this happens. He has sold some stuff on EB a few years back (like old iPhones and other tech or toys) and he said he never had to lower his prices and things usually sold quickly within a few days. That got me thinking. Is it so wrong/bad that I take losses (usually big) on just about every bag? Or do most purses just don't hold their value? Needless to say, I felt a little bad about this -- and hope to be more careful about my future bag purchases.
Purses don't hold their value but we don't buy them as an investment. The way to look at it is: do I regret my purchase? Did I enjoy using the purse while I had it? If I'm not using it, how much money would it be worth to sell it so I can put that money towards something else? If it makes you more careful about future purchases, then it is a good thing. I find that if I buy purses used, I don't lose much when I sell. It's when I buy things new from the boutique that I really take a hit. I have very few of those since nearly everything new I got at outlet prices. I only have one expensive bag left for sale. On everything else, I won't lose much. I find that patience is a virtue. If I don't need the money urgently, letting my bags sit there for sale for an extended time is a good option. As DH says, eventually everything sells.