Involuntary Coach ban support group

I tested out these photos with the person that sold me the fuchsia hangtag and since she legitimately liked my changes to this bag I will bravely show you. lol! I say this because I know that many would think I am insane to paint the sakura tea rose dinky, but what I found is that I didn't love that they had so many of the peony/beige-y pink tea roses. So I boldly decided to paint them. It was either that or I wasn't using it much. I used hot pink on a few and regular light pink on a few. And I added the fuchsia hangtag for fun :smile: Before and after so you can see the differences. It is hard to capture the painted version in just the right light. IMG_8222.jpgIMG_8257.jpgIMG_8259.jpg

I tested out these photos with the person that sold me the fuchsia hangtag and since she legitimately liked my changes to this bag I will bravely show you. lol! I say this because I know that many would think I am insane to paint the sakura tea rose dinky, but what I found is that I didn't love that they had so many of the peony/beige-y pink tea roses. So I boldly decided to paint them. It was either that or I wasn't using it much. I used hot pink on a few and regular light pink on a few. And I added the fuchsia hangtag for fun :smile: Before and after so you can see the differences. It is hard to capture the painted version in just the right light. View attachment 5969741View attachment 5969742View attachment 5969744

Pretty — you did a great job Alexa :smile:. I love the soft look of the original and I also love the new bold look! It’s such a special color combo regardless. I think the hot pink/fuschia additions work really well and make this bag even more special. How did you decide on adding the hot pink? Did you consider other changes? Were you in any way nervous about changing it? You really have a good eye for colors :tup:

Pretty — you did a great job Alexa :smile:. I love the soft look of the original and I also love the new bold look! It’s such a special color combo regardless. I think the hot pink/fuschia additions work really well and make this bag even more special. How did you decide on adding the hot pink? Did you consider other changes? Were you in any way nervous about changing it? You really have a good eye for colors :tup:
Thanks! I have 3 pink colors, and the hot pink has always been one that I liked on bags. The light pink I used on this one I use a lot also. I started by just thinking I would try one and see how it went, as I could take it off if I didn’t want it, and then I just went for it, lol. Just doing the ones that had the one pink color I liked the least. I liked a lot of the other tea roses so left those alone. I was slightly concerned about doing it but in the end I wasn’t loving it as is so figured it was worth a go.

It was funny because I had actually offered to sell the bag last night to the person that sold me the hangtag, and she had declined due to expenses she had. When I told her today I decided to keep the bag and paint it she said omg, I like it better now! lol

I tested out these photos with the person that sold me the fuchsia hangtag and since she legitimately liked my changes to this bag I will bravely show you. lol! I say this because I know that many would think I am insane to paint the sakura tea rose dinky, but what I found is that I didn't love that they had so many of the peony/beige-y pink tea roses. So I boldly decided to paint them. It was either that or I wasn't using it much. I used hot pink on a few and regular light pink on a few. And I added the fuchsia hangtag for fun :smile: Before and after so you can see the differences. It is hard to capture the painted version in just the right light. View attachment 5969741View attachment 5969742View attachment 5969744
I love it! Gorgeous! It was too dull on parts and needed the vibrant pinks, and now it is a beautifully eye-catching Sakura bag. :heart: I get it because I feel like that too when there is too much of the washed out color, and this made it a wow bag! The fuchsia hangtag is perfect with it.

Last edited:
I love it! Gorgeous! It was too dull on parts and needed the vibrant pink and now it is a beautifully eye-catching Sakura bag. :heart: I get it because I feel like that too when there is too much of the washed out color, and this made it a wow bag! The fuchsia hangtag is perfect with it.
Thank you so much! I had just kept looking at it and wondering, what don't I like about this, lol. And then once I painted it and you can see the duller color in the rose underneath it all made sense :smile:

Reactions: tealocean
Thank you so much! I had just kept looking at it and wondering, what don't I like about this, lol. And then once I painted it and you can see the duller color in the rose underneath it all made sense :smile:
You have a great vision before starting. I am not a huge fan of light pink and I would've messed this up for sure! Lol! I do love the hot pink color a lot! There's a black and pink tea rose Dinky and I often want to buy it just to change the light pink to hot pink to suit my preference better. I have a lot of bag work left to do so I decided I won't do it till I am done with my work first.

Last edited:
You have a great vision before starting. I am not a huge fan of light pink and I would've messed this up for sure! Lol! I do love the hot pink color a lot! There's a black and pink tea rose Dinky and I often want to buy it just to change the light pink to hot pink to suit my preference better. I have a lot of bag work left to do so I decided I won't do it till I am done with my work first.
Thanks! Sometimes I get out the colors I am thinking of, and put just a little on to see if the the color works or not (as if you haven't put much on, you can clean it right off if you do it right away). And on one of the large tea roses I had used a medium pink but liked the hot pink on the 2 I had done that when I put on the 2nd coat I did the hot pink instead. So sometimes it is a work in progress, as I go along, lol. Or I find more roses that need to be done, etc. I like the smaller projects like this one as it takes far less time but still makes a big difference.

I think I know what Dinky you are referring to, and I bet you would do a great job at updating that. That would be a fun project :smile:

This is funny…we were purchasing new luggage as we want international sized so we can carry on for a trip later this spring. Our current ones are domestic carry on sized which is a couple inches larger. Anyway, I lol that I am cautious about how much I spend on those and it is much larger than the handbags I buy. I have spent more on individual handbags many times! I did find a luggage shop in another state that had a discontinued item I wanted and they gave us 25% off for the newer version as well. (They only had one of the discontinued and I asked for the discount on both). The brand we are getting is rarely marked down, so it was nice that they did that.

This is funny…we were purchasing new luggage as we want international sized so we can carry on for a trip later this spring. Our current ones are domestic carry on sized which is a couple inches larger. Anyway, I lol that I am cautious about how much I spend on those and it is much larger than the handbags I buy. I have spent more on individual handbags many times! I did find a luggage shop in another state that had a discontinued item I wanted and they gave us 25% off for the newer version as well. (They only had one of the discontinued and I asked for the discount on both). The brand we are getting is rarely marked down, so it was nice that they did that.

Oh how funny :lol:. I haven’t looked into the cost of luggage in many years and can’t remember how much we spent for the large ones for the trip to Japan — we checked those in. I may have bought some luggage (standard smallish size for domestic carry on) from Marshall’s. I didn’t realize that international carry on is a little smaller? And yes, I can believe our handbags cost more :lol:. Anyways, how fun you are planning a big trip this spring :smile:

Yep, I'm a bargain hunter for most things, including luggage. I figure we don't use it that much so it shouldn't cost a lot. I buy it at Ross or some other discount store.

It's great you found a deal!

Argh! Selling is getting so terrible!

I listed a couple bags on Etsy because I thought they had the lowest fees. They sold within a day and then I find out, I was charged nearly 25% in fees because the buyers found the listings through advertisements. It turns out you are automatically enrolled in advertisements when you create a listing. There is no way to verify that the buyers actually did come from an ad; actually it seems suspect that an ad would have been posted so soon after me creating the listing. Then a few days later, Etsy tells me they are putting a hold on my account because I've had too much recent activity. From now on, they will be holding on to 30% of my sale money until they know the buyer is satisfied. To make matters worse, one of the packages is lost in the mail. Usually when I open a missing mail search, the package miraculously starts moving again, but it has been 2 days and nothing has happened. I think it could really be lost this time. I didn't buy any extra insurance so the bag I sold for $250 I'll only get $100 at most for if I ever get paid by insurance.

So because of Etsy being a pain, I listed some items on Mercari and I've sold a few. Then today Mercari announces a huge change. They are no longer charging fees to the seller but to the buyer and they will allow returns for any reason!!! I think they are one step from going out of business.

ETA: Mercari is getting ominously like Vestiaire. I wonder if they are going to be gobbled up by them like Tradesy.

Last edited:
Oh how funny :lol:. I haven’t looked into the cost of luggage in many years and can’t remember how much we spent for the large ones for the trip to Japan — we checked those in. I may have bought some luggage (standard smallish size for domestic carry on) from Marshall’s. I didn’t realize that international carry on is a little smaller? And yes, I can believe our handbags cost more :lol:. Anyways, how fun you are planning a big trip this spring :smile:

Yep, I'm a bargain hunter for most things, including luggage. I figure we don't use it that much so it shouldn't cost a lot. I buy it at Ross or some other discount store.

It's great you found a deal!
Yes, it is funny! I agree, they aren't used much but then on the other hand our others have lasted a long time, so I wanted something in the middle. I really liked my son's carry on bag and that was the one that was discontinued, and I love that brand, so glad I got one of those and then my husband can have the newer style version. And yes international has smaller requirements than domestic.

Argh! Selling is getting so terrible!

I listed a couple bags on Etsy because I thought they had the lowest fees. They sold within a day and then I find out, I was charged nearly 25% in fees because the buyers found the listings through advertisements. It turns out you are automatically enrolled in advertisements when you create a listing. There is no way to verify that the buyers actually did come from an ad; actually it seems suspect that an ad would have been posted so soon after me creating the listing. Then a few days later, Etsy tells me they are putting a hold on my account because I've had too much recent activity. From now on, they will be holding on to 30% of my sale money until they know the buyer is satisfied. To make matters worse, one of the packages is lost in the mail. Usually when I open a missing mail search, the package miraculously starts moving again, but it has been 2 days and nothing has happened. I think it could really be lost this time. I didn't buy any extra insurance so the bag I sold for $250 I'll only get $100 at most for if I ever get paid by insurance.

So because of Etsy being a pain, I listed some items on Mercari and I've sold a few. Then today Mercari announces a huge change. They are no longer charging fees to the seller but to the buyer and they will allow returns for any reason!!! I think they are one step from going out of business.

ETA: Mercari is getting ominously like Vestiaire. I wonder if they are going to be gobbled up by them like Tradesy.
I was just going to come post this too! I had funny enough just listed something on mercari taking a chance they wouldn't do the 1099, but then had pulled it just not feeling like going through the drama. and then this email came and I was relieved I did. A ton of people on the fb group are deleting all of their listings. This will have a HUGE impact on that site.

That is crazy about Etsy...I had heard there were issues but never looked into them!! ugh! as for the missing mail, usps has a lot of issues right now so it probably isn't lost, just slow and not scanning until it gets there. I hope it turns out okay.