Inside Job? UPS falsified delivery signature or gave my package to someone else

Hmmm, sounds like the driver may have "mortgaged" the days' quota of work. I have heard about cases where delivery was time-sensitive and the tracking will show delivered but in fact was not- the package magically appears the next day. Just sayin'- it could be a way to get around the on-time delivery guarantee some carriers boast about.

At least the item arrived safe and sound so I guess no harm no foul but it is annoying.
That's exactly what I think happened!

Weird. I had the same thing happened to me with a LV delivery a few months ago. Around 8pm the tracking showed “delivered” but the delivery truck never made it to my house (like you I was home with my front door open, etc). The package was actually delivered the next day. Nothing was wrong with it. I have no idea what happened. UPS had no explanation to provide.

I hope your situation gets solved!

I recently had the same thing happen with 2 OnTrac deliveries from Nordstrom and Sephora (I highly don't recommend OnTrac). I was home all day with a yappy dog who barks anytime the wind blows, yet nothing had arrived when at 9pm the packages suddenly switched to delivered.

After a lot of back and forth with their headquarters office, I discovered that this sometimes happens when the driver completes their route and returns the delivery vehicle. Even if the item is still on the truck and hasn't been delivered, apparently the route completion triggers all scheduled packages to display as delivered until a manual entry is made. I wonder if UPS has a similar system in place, as your situation sounds exactly like mine. (Except my packages didn't come the next day either, because as I said, OnTrac blows).

Good luck to OP for a good resolution.

I’ve had a few UPS shipments that show up as delivered and then make their way to me the next day. I wouldn’t worry. Sometimes the drivers are jammed due to traffic etc.

I recently had the same thing happen with 2 OnTrac deliveries from Nordstrom and Sephora (I highly don't recommend OnTrac). I was home all day with a yappy dog who barks anytime the wind blows, yet nothing had arrived when at 9pm the packages suddenly switched to delivered.

After a lot of back and forth with their headquarters office, I discovered that this sometimes happens when the driver completes their route and returns the delivery vehicle. Even if the item is still on the truck and hasn't been delivered, apparently the route completion triggers all scheduled packages to display as delivered until a manual entry is made. I wonder if UPS has a similar system in place, as your situation sounds exactly like mine. (Except my packages didn't come the next day either, because as I said, OnTrac blows).

Good luck to OP for a good resolution.

Totally off topic, but I stopped buying from Sephora online ONLY because they use OnTrac. Always a pain in the butt, never on time, mis-deliveries...no thanks!

Reactions: SnowWhite92
No☹️. I worked from home today. I have my door open just in case UPS comes by. The info on their website says they are doing a lost package investigation.
Gawd...sorry. Your description of waiting, tracking, then door open, etc. is just what I'm like. I'd be distraught, too, but feel someone, somehow will do right by you.,we are all rooting for you.

Oh boy here we go, another UPS thread title drama.

Just wait until LV and UPS finish the investigation. Mistakes happen. Don't jump into conclusion so soon. You'll get your money or bag back when everything is sorted out. Good luck and update us with the (factual) outcome!
At least she explained it and didn't outright accuse them of thievery, NOR, put two sentences only in her initial post and disappear for a day (leaving everyone else to pontificate). So, sympathy and empathy all around. Not to mention, she's a long-standing member who's ordered many a packages and co-signed on many a threads. Not one who made an account years ago and then is back with 10 posts screaming "UPS stole my Birkin!" with zero proof.

That said, yeah it was probably mis-delivered.

About two months ago, I was tracking a UPS shipment from Fashionphile. I diverted the delivery to pick up at the local UPS rather than wait at home, which I always do. I got the notification that it had arrived at about 10 AM, so I hopped in my car to pick it up. The UPS driver was on my street as I was leaving, so I stopped and said "hey, you don't by chance have my package?" And he did! It was in his truck, but it did say delivered. I had to show my license and sign for it, and all was on the up and up. But even he said it was weird that I got an email saying the package had been delivered. He said it wouldn't have arrived at the UPS location until 5 PM, on his way out of our area. So, strange things are happening with UPS.

Agree with Redenkeew on this. I use to work for UPS and my husband is a UPS driver and he has no interest whatsoever in stealing packages nor does he really need to steal. Most of the workers I've encountered that ever stole any packages were not drivers, but customer counter clerks within the UPS stores or warehouses (UPS stores are not technically associated with the main warehouse either.)

But, there are several drivers who do not pay attention and mis-deliver packages multiples times each day. They rush to get deliveries made as quickly as possible. It happens. It sucks it happened to you. I worked specifically in finding lost packages. They have a new system now that can GPS exactly where and when a package was delivered. A lot of people lie and I could easily see through some lies, but it's much better now with the tracking system they have in place. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

So a couple of different scenarios come into play here. Either way you will hopefully receive your package. And if you don't then a claim can be filed with UPS and they will pay LV, who will re-ship you another package.

By the way, I have only ever received my packages through UPS not Fedex and it usually bears the name Kuenhe + Nagel, it won't clearly read Louis Vuitton. I guess I never even noticed the LVMH either. I have always had to sign for my LV packages and haven't had a problem yet with deliveries. UPS does make a lot of mistakes, but so does Fedex, USPS and OnTrac. I really dislike OnTrac. They have shown my packages are delivered multiple times at 8 pm and it's never on my porch until after midnight or the next morning it magically shows up.

I hope you get your package and interested to know the outcome of what happened. Keep us updated.

Totally off topic, but I stopped buying from Sephora online ONLY because they use OnTrac. Always a pain in the butt, never on time, mis-deliveries...no thanks!
Totally agree. Never again! Neither ever showed up, and I got them to confirm that it was the same driver on both deliveries and he was likely stealing them. Total pain, but at least I'm saving money on online shopping :annoyed:

Reactions: UnicornMermaid1997
Agree with Redenkeew on this. I use to work for UPS and my husband is a UPS driver and he has no interest whatsoever in stealing packages nor does he really need to steal. Most of the workers I've encountered that ever stole any packages were not drivers, but customer counter clerks within the UPS stores or warehouses (UPS stores are not technically associated with the main warehouse either.)

But, there are several drivers who do not pay attention and mis-deliver packages multiples times each day. They rush to get deliveries made as quickly as possible. It happens. It sucks it happened to you. I worked specifically in finding lost packages. They have a new system now that can GPS exactly where and when a package was delivered. A lot of people lie and I could easily see through some lies, but it's much better now with the tracking system they have in place. It's not perfect, but nothing is.

So a couple of different scenarios come into play here. Either way you will hopefully receive your package. And if you don't then a claim can be filed with UPS and they will pay LV, who will re-ship you another package.

By the way, I have only ever received my packages through UPS not Fedex and it usually bears the name Kuenhe + Nagel, it won't clearly read Louis Vuitton. I guess I never even noticed the LVMH either. I have always had to sign for my LV packages and haven't had a problem yet with deliveries. UPS does make a lot of mistakes, but so does Fedex, USPS and OnTrac. I really dislike OnTrac. They have shown my packages are delivered multiple times at 8 pm and it's never on my porch until after midnight or the next morning it magically shows up.

I hope you get your package and interested to know the outcome of what happened. Keep us updated.

I think I’m only one impressed with OnTrac service!? My package are on time with OnTrac. But yet again I can’t tell since Zara never give me tracking number for my online orders.

I think I’m only one impressed with OnTrac service!? My package are on time with OnTrac. But yet again I can’t tell since Zara never give me tracking number for my online orders.
Maybe it depends on where you live too? I noticed the one morning when OnTrac came (when the package showed it was delivered the previous night) it was a guy in street clothes in an unmarked van. I guess since I was use to tracking numbers at UPS all the time I always try to find my tracking numbers, even if they don't email it to me. I can usually find it in my account details. Hmm, that's strange about Zara. They never send you an email with the confirmation of shipping? I don't order from Zara so I'm not sure how they operate.