Inside Job? UPS falsified delivery signature or gave my package to someone else

When something like this happened (not with LV, I notified the company, and they refunded my purchase right away. LV should refund you and they can pursue UPS for the $$ themselves.

Reactions: dbaum
Hello everyone, I got a call late Saturday afternoon from the same UPS rep. During my first call, I told her it was unacceptable that the incident happened on Thursday evening and they still haven’t spoke to the driver. She called me back to let me know she spoke to the driver and he said he gave me 2 packages. WTF, I told her I haven’t seen the driver or my package and why would I have 2 packages when I was only suppose to have one and the signature is not even my initials. She said she is going to talk to the driver again. At this point, I don’t have any faith in UPS getting to the bottom of this situation.

I went ahead posted on the Next Door app for my neighborhood to ask if anyone got a package by mistake, no response
It sounds like it could be a rookie driver or possibly theft from the sound of this. I think it's one thing to mis-deliver to a residential area when it's a non signature required package, but it's another to need a signature and mis-deliver. So the driver really should have known what address he was at.

So sorry this is happening! I’d definitely file a complaint with UPS. That’s really ballsy of him to say he delivered two packages! If he’s saying that he probably kept the package. The whole signature thing is fishy. I’ve never had a driver electronically sign anything.

I really hope you get your bag and it's still untouched and not opened by another Person .. I don't like Storys like that happens a lot. I had bad experiences with a Company too. not ups.
there are many Driver who signed for the costumers and put it in the front of their houses, where everyone can take it away when nobody is at home ..
one of my lv bags i sold was stolen by a Company too .. so everything can happen ..good luck !

Oh maybe if you know you're not going to be home, have it sent to a trustworthy neighbor, or friend. Gosh, I've seen USPS stuff that says delivered to my PO, and I never received the items, and so far with UPS no problems, but my driver is great! So sad that this happens, but it is worse than ever before. Good luck to you all getting refunded. And the purse you intended, Best to shop in store, but not everybody has a store close by. :sad: The law can usually take care of these things.

Oh maybe if you know you're not going to be home, have it sent to a trustworthy neighbor, or friend. Gosh, I've seen USPS stuff that says delivered to my PO, and I never received the items, and so far with UPS no problems, but my driver is great! So sad that this happens, but it is worse than ever before. Good luck to you all getting refunded. And the purse you intended, Best to shop in store, but not everybody has a store close by. :sad: The law can usually take care of these things.
Thanks for your comments. I was home at the time with my door open and sitting on my couch with a clear view of anyone on the street and definitely if someone is coming up to knock on my door, that didnt happen. In this case, I wasnt allowed to ship my item to another address, only to my billing address. I have plenty of stores (6) close to me but not everything available in stock and there are long waiting lists.

The driver might...... be telling the truth that he delivered two packages. But the problem could be your package was delivered along with another to the wrong address.
One would think with all the technology advances there would be some type of tracking device to show the location of delivery when a package is signed for????

And if he claims two packages were delivered the other package would have tracking so it would be very easy for UPS to show your address and another package being delivered there.

But if no second package can be proved being delivered one would think this has to be a big lie and the driver needs to be investigated. Also it would be easy to see the delivery addresses made in your area by UPS so if the package was delivered to the wrong address it would be to a limited area of houses.

Can you pull up your UPS account online to prove you never had a second delivered that day? This catches them in the lie. The more proof you have to catch that what they are saying is not true might help hopefully a supervisor to investigate. I would file a police report for theft or something...maybe that is the only way to have them actually investigate this.

Maybe tape your conversations with UPS and get email to show what they are saying. Because he said/she said to me will not help you.

Last edited:
The driver might...... be telling the truth that he delivered two packages. But the problem could be your package was delivered along with another to the wrong address.
One would think with all the technology advances there would be some type of tracking device to show the location of delivery when a package is signed for????
There was a man delivering packages next door over this weekend and he stopped to take a photo of the door he delivered to. He was with Amazon Prime fulfillment. They are supposed to photograph the front doors/porches once they put the box down. I guess maybe that is their way of knowing where the package was left and placed. I think companies have their own ways of trying to help combat box thefts and delivery issues. I have had both UPS and USPS say 'delivered' and my package arrived the next day. I always figured that maybe the driver ran late or skipped my door and faked the delivery so they would not be in trouble, and then just dropped it the next day.

Very sorry to hear about that! I've noticed with most shipping companies the signature confirmation is pretty useless. I've had my packages left on my doorstep with a short "signature" initial such as yours and the "proof of delivery" doesn't show anything. I hope everything is resolved soon. :sad:

There was a man delivering packages next door over this weekend and he stopped to take a photo of the door he delivered to. He was with Amazon Prime fulfillment. They are supposed to photograph the front doors/porches once they put the box down. y.
I have seen that. The cynical part of me wonders “what if the person delivered the package, took a photo and then simply picked the package back up and left?” Ah well. Just being cynical, like I said

Reactions: daisychainz
Even if he did deliver to the wrong address... I can't fathom why someone would sign for a package they know is not for them. That is stealing imo. My delivery guys always read out the name on the package and ask if that is me, so if it was not, would I not be stealing.... Good luck OP and keep us updated.

As I said in one of the previous UPS threads, my USPS driver routinely signs for my packages with X and leaves them at my mailbox, but the tracking will say left with individual. S/he just did this just a week ago with an insured package! I've also been sitting at the house waiting for packages and the driver never comes but the tracking says I wasn't available.

So I personally don't think any scenario is out of the question for any carrier, UPS, FedEX, or USPS. OP I hope you get your items. The last thread like this had a positive outcome, so fingers crossed!

I know some of the delivery companies allow you to pass on signature required for deliveries. I don’t know if it is UPS or FEdEx but my friend does this with her deliveries because she is usually too busy with work related business at home to answer her door. I think one has to sign up for this service online.

I guess things just depend on the delivery driver that day and can vary so much one person to another. My neighbor’s mom gets some really expensive drug delivered I think once a m8 th and it is supposed to be signed for- no exceptions.
Well they always just leave it at her door with them signing signatures you can’t read.