Info on new xlarge jumbo flap coming out "the maxi"

Thanks Frencesca for helping with all this info! My only question is.. what does everyone mean by the flap being "straight" ??:confused1:

I think the prices are outrageous. The structure of the bag is not what is use to be. The chains I was told are the same as the jumbo, so I assume the larger one must have more structure to it or it won't hold. But these prices are just getting out of reach ... $3000 for the regular jumbo and $3250 for the Xlarge, which is only an inch bigger all around ...prices are going up Nov 1 ...unoffically , so you have to weigh out the price versus the size. The flap is straight on this new one, so if you like the vintage look and don't mind the price ...

Does that mean the value of the vintage XL jumbo flaps will go down? I always considered them to be pretty special but I guess not anymore now that they're coming back in 09.
Can't wait to see them though and compare to the vintage.

Thanks Frencesca for helping with all this info! My only question is.. what does everyone mean by the flap being "straight" ??:confused1:

The part on the front where the bag "flaps" over is straight across. The new ones have a bit of a curvature to them where as the old XLs are just a straight line. Search for some of the comparison picts. posted on here in the past and it will make perfect sense.

Does that mean the value of the vintage XL jumbo flaps will go down? I always considered them to be pretty special but I guess not anymore now that they're coming back in 09.
Can't wait to see them though and compare to the vintage.

In my opinion...definately not. Those new bags will be nearly 4 grand by the time you factor in taxes. A vintage XL is, and still will be an excellent investment. In fact, I think with the heightened exposure and interest and the high price tag for a brand new one, the value may even go up. This leads me to think that the demand for the vintage XL's will remain strong.
I bet there are many more of us willing and able to spend the price of the vintage XL jumbo then there will be for the brand new one.....just my opinion though.

I was considering getting one but I dont think its as timeless and functional as the regular jumbo sized bag. While big bags are really in at the moment, that wont always be the case.