In love, insane, or both?!?!

After a week falling in love with my noce Montaigne, my nero Montaigne arrived yesterday and I'm falling in love all over again! I have my nero with me today at work and except for a bit of a scare when we had an unexpected rain shower over lunchtime (during which I scuttled into an underground mall), it has been just perfect!

I'll post pictures of both as soon as I get my DH out of the house - as much as he is supporting me in my new obsession I don't think he quite "gets" why someone would actually take pictures of a purse and then post them for others to look at and I just don't want to deal with the comments if he actually sees me doing it!! I also think I'm going to stick with still life shots for now - given that action shots would require me to show off my pudgy body to the entire world and I'm not quite up to that just yet... maybe some action shots with the beagles instead!

And was anyone else getting a little panicky there without TPF for a couple of days?! It is so good to have it back!

This is tres exciting. I know exactly how you feel. Ever since I discovered BV I've felt the same way. Please do share with us pics of your lovely steals!!

How exciting to have two new bags to make your heart flutter! My DH is the same way about the pictures, only no comments just a lot of laughing. I have to wait until he's out of the house to get pics of me in the bathroom mirror; this is why you will continue to see just the top half of me with a toilet in the background since I still do not have a full length mirror!

I would love to see your bags and beagles picture! That counts as an action picture for sure.

PICTURES, bookermoose!

i went a little crazy in the couple of days without tPF, too. my mom went into the store on sunday to buy a harbor city bag (i think it's a new style, she was looking at the limited edition noce umbria vs. a camel goat leather). so i went in there to help her decide, and meanwhile went to look at a new pyramid bag that i've seen here on tPF. my mom ended up buying the new pyramid in moro!!! i can't wait to steal it from her :smile:

Okay, fingers crossed this works. Here are pictures of:
- my two montaignes, noce and nero
- a sort of "action" shot of my noce and nero Montaignes with beagle Moose (the only one of the three who didn't look at me when I called them over to take the picture like I had lost my mind)
- my three beagles playing (Popcorn the attacker, Moosie the attackee and Booker the somewhat crazed-looking referee)

Attachments

• DSCN1376.JPG
    DSCN1376.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1375.JPG
    DSCN1375.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN0367.JPG
    DSCN0367.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 62
booker,
your beagles are sooooooo cute!! playing with one another....they must be much fun!!

oh oh....i am supposed to drool over the handbags too! not getting my priorities right...ha ha...:shame:

i love the noce! it shows off the weaving so nicely!!

Your DH is right, your BV bags DO match your beagles! All you need is a white bag and you will have the full set. Your beagles are so cute, and I love the look on Booker's face (referee-hehe!). And it goes without saying that your montaignes are gorgeous.

Hi there BookerMoose, thanks so much for sharing such lovely pics!! Your Montaignes and pooches look so perfect together. What if BV made a noce/nero/bianco(or limo) tricolour Montaigne?:graucho: ...I know it's a stretch...:sweatdrop:

Your DH is right, your BV bags DO match your beagles! All you need is a white bag and you will have the full set.

Thanks for the kind comments. I can't quite work up the courage for a real action shot so you'll have to make do with the beagle action shots for now!

My DH definitely thinks I should get the white Montaigne and have the full tricolour beagle set... it doesn't help that there is one right now on eBay and yet another on Bluefly (extra 10% off today) to torment me! As much as I am in love and out of control with BV right now (I'm now on a hunt for the BV wallet of my dreams) I don't know if I would ever have an opportunity to carry a white bag - although I really have never had anything but a black bag before this current obsession started a few weeks ago so I don't think that in and of itself is a reason to back away from the white Montaigne.

I am very worried, however about how hard it would be to keep looking good - I am obsessive enough about keeping the darker noce and nero colours away from any and all things that could mark them, I just can't imagine what a white bag would be like to carry out there in the messy, dirty world.

Do you think a white bag is at all practical for real life - or is it really just going to be something that will sit (however prettily) on the shelf in my cupboard?

And have I totally lost my mind to be seriously contemplating getting a set of Montaignes to match my dogs?!?!

Do you think a white bag is at all practical for real life - or is it really just going to be something that will sit (however prettily) on the shelf in my cupboard?

And have I totally lost my mind to be seriously contemplating getting a set of Montaignes to match my dogs?!?!

I think it is hard to maintain any white bag, but more so the soft leather of BV. Unless your SA tells you it can be cleaned and refurbished easily, I would not consider a white BV a practical bag. However, I am not the neatest or most careful when it comes to my bags, so others who are may feel otherwise. I've always wanted a white bag but never seriously considered one because I know myself too well. Limo is as close as I get!

No, I do not think you have lost your mind to match your bags to your dogs! I did get a ferro roma that just HAPPENS to match my grey kitty; it would match even closer if I sprinkled fine glitter on her, but that will never happen without me losing a finger or two.

I did get a ferro roma that just HAPPENS to match my grey kitty; it would match even closer if I sprinkled fine glitter on her, but that will never happen without me losing a finger or two.

Pls could we have a pic of her, ouija b? :P

Back to white bags – I absolutely love the look of it. Yes, it’s hard to maintain and one would have to be quite tough hearted when the bag starts to dirtied up. :sweatdrop: The closest I could ever go (for now) is beige and in a hardy leather (like calf). In lambskin it’s really quite scary unless one is absolutely fine with a graying bag. I think catabie has a Bianco Veneta (and now a Bianco Birkin too ;)). She should be able to shed more light on the maintenance of white bags.

bookermoose, your shots are wonderful... love your bvs, and love your beagles! have a quick question for you about the montaigne, do you have any trouble preventing scratches at the base? have they got hardware "feet" to protect the base?

have started to scheme on my next bv and it's a toss between the montaigne or a model i've seen but don't know the name of - it's about the size of a montaigne, also in the intrecciato leather weave, has double handles, a flap on top and a strap so the bag can be handheld or slung over the shoulder (anyone who knows the name please help me out!). :shame: