In love, insane, or both?!?!

And I just can't get my mind off the white Montaigne. I thought I had moved on from that particular obsession, but tonight it has come back with a vengeance again. Even if I don't carry it much at all (which it sounds like I would have to do to keep it looking anywhere close to pristine), I want it and have a sneaking suspicion I am going to buy it. Someone help me and talk me out of it... I really think I need a good knock upside the head at this point! :s

bookermoose, i think you have to visualise the white Montaigne looking dingy instead of seeing it in its original pristine condition. I'm pretty careful with my bags but in spite of it the white bags i have - a Bally and a Kenneth Cole - can't escaped colourful bruises after just a few uses, at which time i have to clean them. But after another few uses they dirty again, get 'bathed' by me, then dirty....argh. Not sure how well BV leather stand up to dirt (i don't have one yet, but just ordered 2 from Bluefly - yippe!) but am not holding my breath.
Perhaps you might wanna consider one of the seasonal colours like Scala? it looks real good to me! :tup:
oh, and I love your Montaignes, more so your beagles! :heart:

Thanks for all the advice. I hear what everyone is saying and know for a fact I will rarely carry it - but this one is being driven by my heart not my head and yes, I am weak, weak, weak but I've just gone ahead and gone for the bianco Montaigne. I even rearranged my closet last night in preparation for it by clearing up a perfect spot for it to live, protected from the outside world! I knew at that point there was no going back.

And unfortunately I can't really see much of anything IRL up here in Canada to compare other colours, etc. - we have one store that carries BV and not very much of it at that, and so I am left with pictures and dreaming of one day going somewhere with a BV boutique... although I am afraid what might come over me if I did!!

But this folly (and I know it is one) doesn't rule out another zippy seasonal colour Montaigne in the future! There is enough space on the (newly-cleared) shelf for another one!

Thanks for all the advice. I hear what everyone is saying and know for a fact I will rarely carry it - but this one is being driven by my heart not my head and yes, I am weak, weak, weak but I've just gone ahead and gone for the bianco Montaigne. I even rearranged my closet last night in preparation for it by clearing up a perfect spot for it to live, protected from the outside world! I knew at that point there was no going back.

And unfortunately I can't really see much of anything IRL up here in Canada to compare other colours, etc. - we have one store that carries BV and not very much of it at that, and so I am left with pictures and dreaming of one day going somewhere with a BV boutique... although I am afraid what might come over me if I did!!

But this folly (and I know it is one) doesn't rule out another zippy seasonal colour Montaigne in the future! There is enough space on the (newly-cleared) shelf for another one!

Congrats on the completion of your trio! :yahoo::woohoo::yahoo:Can't wait to see your photos. Maybe a carmino montaigne is in the near future? :wlae:

You did it!!! The beagle set of montaignes!!! I totally understand buying with your heart not your head-I have a magnolia (pale pink) BV bag that I bought the same way, scared to wear it because it's gotten a few marks on it, but love it because it was my first BV. I would speak to a BV SA or the online shopper to see what they recommend for protecting a white bag and how much it costs to send her to the "spa" when she gets dingy. Can't wait to see your set!

ouija b, your kitty is cute beyond words. DH loves the pics. I like the pic with the tie, she looks 'handsome' and smart!
ms piggy, oh she's a smart one, that kitty! Cute is how she made her way into my house (she saw sucker written on my forehead), smart is how she's trying to off my dear doggie by "bringing" her things to chew on...i.e. Christmas ornaments, socks, and an ipod case that had to be surgically removed. I tell her the only reason she's still in my house is because she's so freakin' cute in her outfits! I'm eyeing a Santa outfit for her...revenge is sweet. :graucho:

^ Oh ouija b, your pet stories are hilarious! My DH will totally agree cats are the smarter ones compared to dogs (oh yeah, we have disagreements over this :rolleyes:). Pls post pics of her in the Santa outfit (yes, revenge is sweet :supacool:).