Impulse buyer vs. Long study?

I've studies for months! (I dislike buying on ebay because 7 days is too short a time for me to make up my mind). I just let a beautiful bag go today because I hadn't thought about it enough!

It depends....when it comes to buy full price items I won't find on sale then I stalk the bag and think long and hard before buying it (see classical balenciaga & LV items)...when it comes to outlet shopping i impulse buy a lot...but was never disappointed...usually I know very well what I like and what I don't when it comes to bags.

My only full price impulse buy (well...it was love at first sight...) was the neverfull GM...I saw it on a magazine on saturday and got it by tuesday...

there is no designer bag that I own and that I'm not using

tsugumu -- your answer resonated with me. impulse buying when at an outlet...because you'll never know what you'll find there... and stalkingstudying when going after full price merch.

I declare myself a total stalker. Partly (or mostly) due to the fact that I really don't have all that much money to spare (I support myself), so anytime I want to get a high-end bag or accessory I have to save up and give it much thought. I don't want to risk not liking it and then coming across some freaky return policy that won't let me return it, then being stuck with something I don't LOVE.

I'm that crazy :P But I barely ever buy anything out of impulse.

I like to do my research before buying a bag, but it's doing that research, which usually introduces me to other bags. For instance, I looked around for about two months trying to find the perfect MJ Blake. Then I got one. And then I had to do a sort of "best of purses" feature for work. So I had to do more research. Then I'd come on here and find something new. Last weekend I bought a B-bag, and then coming on here to post about it, I see that RM is having a sample sale. So it's been two days since my B-bag purchase and I am already waiting for my new RM to arrive. And now my poor 'lil Blake will have to take a breather in her dust bag. Wow...that was kinda long-winded.

I'm more of a stalker than an impulse buyer. My fund is limited, so i have to make sure i will be spending it on the bag I really love. I have to see the bag, touch it and wear it first before i can make the decision. But when it comes to sale, there's no choice...must be impulse...

crouner -- did we buy the same hobo? the tabbed leather hobo? from nm?

i'm fascinated to hear such negative things about the chloe paddington, that bit "it" bag...everyone who has bought it seems to complain about it. ah, the power of marketing...

crouner -- you seem to be ambivalent about your handbag purchases... what bag DO you like and use?

I do a bid of both but as a sahm I basically have to stalk, put money aside etc...and I just love the joyful anticipation before buying a bag.

Personally I love my choco paddy, I liked them already in the beginning of 06 but just thought it would be too trendy and went for Bal but by the end of the year I couldn't resist anymore and I am soo happy with my choco satchel I just love it.
But then I got a second one and the color was rather wrong even if I had put a lot of thinking into it.

I don't think I've ever made an impulse purchase on a handbag, come to think of it. Even if I really want it, I'll still wait a month or two to make sure it's not a passing feeling.

If I had more money I would be an impulse buyer. For me, it is almost always love at first sight with bags, and I invariably go away, think of ways to afford each one and convince myself I have thought it through properly before I go back and buy. So far, I have never not gone back!! So I think I could make a good impulse buyer if I could only afford it! ;) But then again, maybe if I had loads of money I would be less discerning and would just buy everything in sight!!

Come to think of it, I do impulse buy when it comes to cheap bags...does that count?!