I’m so sorry LV TPF People

Honestly, I’d just let it go.
Thank you for replying

I'd go with option A.
Thank you for replying. I’m definitely leaning this way.

I’ll go with A) too.

The sentimentality of the bag should outweigh any minor imperfections on it.

just enjoy your gift to the fullest and in the best of health :heart: early happy 50th bday!
Yes I agree. This bag means a lot and I really love this bag. Thank you for your reply.

Is it really that *special* to you if you’re contemplating replacing it over this tiny glitch..?
I understand what you mean. My worry is will it continue to get worse. That’s all. I really truly don’t want to feel like I should exchange it. I want this bag but I was worried and I didn’t have anywhere else to go to for advice. Thank you for your reply.

Enjoy the bag and try not to worry about things that may or may not even happen down the road.
Thank you. That is good advice. Thanks for replying.

Last edited by a moderator:
A.

Just use and enjoy I'd say and happy early 50th bday! :smile:
Thank you. It’s good to hear that so many of you think it’s fine and to just love it. Thank for responding.

I'd normally go with option B but for the sentimental value I'll say A this time :smile: Happy birthday & enjoy the gift!
Thank you. I am agree. My family was so happy to do this for me. My birthday isn’t until September but since we were on vacation in California, my husband wanted to surprise me. Thanks for responding.

I think you should keep the bag and enjoy it! The edge coating may or may not get any worse, but it can be repaired by LV later if it does. We all put our own scrapes and bumps on our bags as we wear them anyway, lol. Happy birthday!
Thank you. I know this is something that may or may not happen down the road. Yes we do add our own bumps and scrapes, lol. It makes me feel better to know so many of you think it’s fine and just enjoy it. Thank you for responding.

If you decide to keep your bag I recommend buying vachetta handle covers. I bought mine from mcraft on etsy for my NF. They wrap around and close with velcro. It gives me a thicker strap on my shoulder and keeps the handles clean. This may take care of the wearing problem.
Thank you for responding.

Option A makes sense.
But if you are going to inspect that handle every time you use the bag and worry about it, then go with B.
Thank you. I’m leaning to keeping it and loving it. I think in the beginning I may inspect it a little more than necessary but I hope that as I use it, I’ll ease up on that. And even with a new replacement, I’d do the same with that one. Thank you for responding.

Reactions: cbarrus
For something as special as your 50th birthday and something as special as your very first LV, I wish you a perfect bag. I'd take it back in and exchange. Then you have the perfect bag for your two special occasions.
Knowing the flaw is there and worrying about it getting worse would take some of the pleasure away for me. Good luck whatever you choose.
Thank you for you reply. Yes, I’d love the perfect bag. But does it exist? If I bring this one back then there may be imperfections on that one too. I don’t think I’ll find the perfect bag and this one is so special to me. I can accept that because of the specialness.

You can keep the bag and in case it will get worse within the first year after purchase, LV will repair it for free. That‘s what happened to my Folio for my IPhone. I showed a SA my Folio after 8 months and she recommended to wait until the year is almost over (but stay within 12 months) to bring it for repair. It worked fine.
Thanks for responding. It does give me peace of mind to know that in the event that it becomes a problem that LV will exchange or repair. Is it ok to take it to a different store than where it was purchased? I live in New York. I have two LV boutiques near me. I can go to them if necessary?

First of all: don‘t worry about your thread- it‘s not annoying! :idea: Great birthday present! Very generous of your family! :heart:

Like many already commented: I also think option A is the best- LV can repair within the first year for free or you pay for it later down the road...

One thought my husband threw in when I wanted to exchange a bag once, because of minor imperfection;
He said that I have a bag which is almost perfect and you never know what else you get as exchange. And I will never be able to examine a bag in store like I am at home! He was worried I might miss something and end up being upset because I exchanged an almost perfect bag for a worse one.... that helped me ...

So: Option A
Of course: unless it really drives you crazy and you can't let go of it. If you have to check the handles after every wear and get paranoid about it- Thats not worth it! Then get an exchange...

Let us know what you are going to do!
Thank you for responding. It was a total surprise from my family. My birthday isn’t until September but since we were in California, on Rodeo Drive, hubby got it for me. He planned the Rodeo Drive trip in secret with our kids. Very sneaky, lol.
It does make me feel better knowing LV will exchange or fix it if there’s a problem.
Yes, your husband is totally right. That’s my feeling too. I may have the same or different issue with the replacement bag and then it’s not as special as my California bag. There is no “perfect” bag. I can’t possibly inspect a bag at the store and since I’m new to LV I’m not sure on everything to even look for.
I’m definitely leaning to keeping it and loving it. Thank you again.

Thank you for responding.

Agree with @LuckyBitch. It should look brand new after two weeks even it was a birthday gift. My Neverfull DE handle straps have spots like that as well. But, it didn’t show until almost a year after I purchased it. It is now 6 years old and it has not gotten worse. But, it’s also not my every day bag. I do use it and try not worry about it.

However, this is a brand new bag that should look new so I would go with option B. Go with your gut and Happy Birthday. :flowers:

Reactions: HarmonysMama
Agree with @LuckyBitch. It should look brand new after two weeks even it was a birthday gift. My Neverfull DE handle straps have spots like that as well. But, it didn’t show until almost a year after I purchased it. It is now 6 years old and it has not gotten worse. But, it’s also not my every day bag. I do use it and try not worry about it.

However, this is a brand new bag that should look new so I would go with option B. Go with your gut and Happy Birthday. :flowers:
That’s good to know. I’m glad to hear that your bag hasn’t gotten any worse. I think I’m going to keep it and enjoy it. This will be a bag I use everyday. Because of that, it will wear quicker and I’m ok with that. Thank you for responding.

Reactions: PurseAddict728
My handles began that peel too.
Honestly, one peeled so far off it was dangling so i cut the strip off. Do i regret it? No. It’s a bag that’s meant to be used with love, and this just shows all your love :smile: keep it. Don’t worry about it and enjoy it.

My handles began that peel too.
Honestly, one peeled so far off it was dangling so i cut the strip off. Do i regret it? No. It’s a bag that’s meant to be used with love, and this just shows all your love :smile: keep it. Don’t worry about it and enjoy it.
Thank you for responding. How soon after you started using it did you notice the issues? Is it a different color where the strip peeled off?

A. I’m nit picky and I care about sentimental value as well. I don’t think this little imperfection would bother me. Enjoy your NF and happy bday!
Thank you. I’m very nit picky too but this bag is extra special to me. I think if I got a replacement then I’d just be nit picky about that one and it wouldn’t have that sentimental feeling for it as much as this one. Thank you so much for responding.

Reactions: baninny
I’m just adding that I’m from Indiana and on my 50th birthday two years ago I went to California too and got LV from the Santa Monica store, Hollywood LV store and Rodeo Dr. store. I got a purse, wallet and medium agenda. I am with you on how exciting the Rodeo Drive store is and that it was your big 50th. I would keep it, looks so minimal if anything to me!