I’m so sorry LV TPF People

HarmonysMama

Jan 26, 2020
To do this to you but I’m desperate. I know these posts can be pretty annoying to some but I don’t have anywhere else to go to get advice. I just got my LV Neverfull MM in DE two weeks ago and I’m noticing this (see picture below) very small peel on the very top of one strap. I know I know it’s tiny tiny tiny. I’m worried it could get worse. I have also found a few other spots. It looks like the sealant that’s they use to seal the edges didn’t go all the way to the edges in every spot. Should this happen so soon? I know it’s likely to happen at some point but I’ve only had it for 2 weeks and I’ve only used for a week. I’m afraid it could get worse. It’s in a spot that no one would see but since it’s right at the spot that sits on my shoulder it will get rubbed a lot.

What should I do:

A) leave it because it’s very special to me because it was purchased while on vacation in California at the LV Flagship store on Rodeo Drive. This is my first LV bag and I’ve always wanted one. It’s an early 50th Birthday gift from my family and I should just use the bag and enjoy because I love it! It will most likely happen to any replacement bags eventually anyway. Down the road I can replace straps if needed.

B) bring it in for a replacement. It doesn’t really matter that it was a special gift if it’s not perfect. I just got a dud and it shouldn’t happen. The replacement bag will be totally fine and it won’t have this problem.

I know LV would give me a replacement but is that what I want? What would you do? Use the bag and enjoy it because it’s special and replace the straps down the road? Bring it in and get a replacement that may have same issues but now it’s not the extra special birthday California bag?

Thank you for listening

Attachments

• 3A39F243-D6CD-4BF5-8D4C-0603BDD94A82.jpeg
    3A39F243-D6CD-4BF5-8D4C-0603BDD94A82.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,084
  • C94A5D74-A00B-4E16-8BBE-1E9EFD00E601.jpeg
    C94A5D74-A00B-4E16-8BBE-1E9EFD00E601.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 1,093
First of all: don‘t worry about your thread- it‘s not annoying! :idea: Great birthday present! Very generous of your family! :heart:

Like many already commented: I also think option A is the best- LV can repair within the first year for free or you pay for it later down the road...

One thought my husband threw in when I wanted to exchange a bag once, because of minor imperfection;
He said that I have a bag which is almost perfect and you never know what else you get as exchange. And I will never be able to examine a bag in store like I am at home! He was worried I might miss something and end up being upset because I exchanged an almost perfect bag for a worse one.... that helped me ...

So: Option A
Of course: unless it really drives you crazy and you can't let go of it. If you have to check the handles after every wear and get paranoid about it- Thats not worth it! Then get an exchange...

Let us know what you are going to do!