"i'm not a scarf girl,"

I love wearing scarves as headbands! I'm also a new scarf girl myself - just started wearing them last year. I'm curious about the belt thing - I can't wear them in my jeans, because that would just, um accentuate things.

As for the pearls, why not just put them on hold for a few years? I don't know. I'm a little edgy in my tastes and I still have a soft spot with pearls - along with my black CDC bracelet.

shopmom's right. i'm really happy - but geez, you women really triple the fun! i can't thank you guys enough. i am reading every single post and it makes me feel soo good! i'm glad i overcame my concerns and posted. you all make it worth the risk.:flowers: :flowers:
funnyredhead - the top, you mean the white one? the last place i expected to find clothes - kenneth cole. i was surfing around doing some research for work stuff and found it. very bad.

okay i took pics today with the crayon scarf just to show ways a non-scarf girl like myself, lol, might wear the scarf. i love making a wide belt, so here it is. i'm wearing it the same way (folded differently in the last pic to show the scarf differently) but with different looks - artsy (i don't usually do labels, but what the heck) with a kimono top, a bit more polished over a super fitted blazer, and romantic with a billowy blouse.

Attachments

• obi1.jpg
    obi1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 26
  • obi2.jpg
    obi2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 28
  • obi3.jpg
    obi3.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 26
I love wearing scarves as headbands! I'm also a new scarf girl myself - just started wearing them last year. I'm curious about the belt thing - I can't wear them in my jeans, because that would just, um accentuate things.

As for the pearls, why not just put them on hold for a few years? I don't know. I'm a little edgy in my tastes and I still have a soft spot with pearls - along with my black CDC bracelet.

i swear it wasn't the style or look of the pearls that was the problem, it was how i felt with them on. i would recommend them in a heart beat to someone. i think they are beautiful and appeal to me over many gem stones, and unlike some items, really flatter - i mean pearls actively make you look better, you know, they cast a glow or something. and i totally agree pearls can be worn in a variety of ways, but i have a nice glass bead necklace i adore and feel better in than the pearls, so better to give them back to my mom.

MAN, I WISH I could wear a scarf around my head like you do, HEELS. But when I do, my hair sticks out at the sides and I wind up looking like Bozo.......not a flattering look, I can tell you........

And I wish I could wear a scarf around my waist as you do, HH--I love your look of the obi around the large white shirt. When I tie a scarf around my waist (not so easy to do to begin with), it just brings attention to a part of my body that is much better off being forgotten about. You look simply fabulous wearing that Crayons scarf as an obi sash. I really love that look on you! As far as not being a scarf girl, methinks thou doest protest too much.

rose coming from the queen of scarves, that's a real compliment!

shopmom well, it only worked on me because allaboutnice got us all thinking about those french twists so i had my hair up that way (not with a single hermes stick unfortunately, but instead 4 hair pins lol).
now how can i explain to my hairdresser that i need to keep some layers short around the front so i can wear my scarf this way? if they get too long, i'll look like elvis.

maggieD you listen to me, the best way to make any part of you look better is with confidence! i took 2 pics of each look, and don't you think i picked only the ones that looked the best imo? don't let the pics, or body differences make you think you can't do it (if you want to). no, you won't look like me, you'll look like you. you with a breathtaking kelly!:nuts: :yahoo:

HH, love your scarf with its splash of blue. The deep orange has a younger, more casual feel than red that suits you. You look fabulous with your scarf--you were made for scarves!

mizzle :kiss: :kiss: anticipating the red, i am so relieved that i love the orange, er, "geranium".

hlfinn i find that very hard to believe (insert one of rose's wild smileys, like maybe with arms crossed, tapping one foot. where does she find them?).

I really love this look! The "I just threw this on and it draped perfectly"-ness of it. You have inspired me to go play with my scarves . . .

attachment.php

tangle, shopmom is the master of that artful/careless draping. honestly, this is what happened after i had it babushka-style and then just shoved it back. let's call it, 'sloppy girl scout'. lol