I'm Not a Plastic Bag - US Version...

for those that already bought the US edition, was there a long line to get in before the store opened?

do i have to be on a list? i didn't make that como list (or whatever it's called) in time as it mentioned in the website... should i call in to ask? i hear it's first come first serve.

i already got mine from the Anya Hindmarch boutique. They are super cute! I cant wait to use them at the grocery store.

According to the website, it is too late to get on the waiting list. They send ppl to the other stores, to actually make the lines and try to find them there. They were $15.00 each.

I signed up to the website a long time ago and never heard any thing back. I got the welcome to the site email but never anything about the release. I like the bag for the bag not because celebs were seen with it. The only celeb that I heard that had it was Keira Knightly.

I can't wait for these to come to Canada! Anyone in Canada plan on getting one, too?

It's a pity there's so much bad press on this bag. I wish people would get off their high horses and see what negative things THEY'RE doing, too instead of just sitting back and being too quick to point the finger. :tdown:

I can't wait for these to come to Canada! Anyone in Canada plan on getting one, too?

It's a pity there's so much bad press on this bag. I wish people would get off their high horses and see what negative things THEY'RE doing, too instead of just sitting back and being too quick to point the finger. :tdown:

I'm getting one! or I hope to. I called Holt's to be placed on the waiting list a month or so ago...I don't know about Van, but I believe on Bloor Toronto will be getting them in...I called both Bloor and Yorkdale and Yorkdale told me to call Bloor.

Wonder when they'll call us?

I didn't know you could be put on a waiting list? I've just been calling every couple days to see if they've got them in yet. I heard they're coming in late June according to last month's update on their website.

I'm getting one! or I hope to. I called Holt's to be placed on the waiting list a month or so ago...I don't know about Van, but I believe on Bloor Toronto will be getting them in...I called both Bloor and Yorkdale and Yorkdale told me to call Bloor.

Wonder when they'll call us?

^ hate to break the bad news, but for those who haven't received a call from holt's yet in toronto, you probably won't be getting a call.

i was shopping at bloor yesterday and i asked an sa about the bag. she said that the waiting list doesn't exist anymore and that they tried to call most of the ppl on the list. the bag will come on a first come first serve basis, so go early this Wed if you want one.

I personally refuse to stand in line waiting for this bag. I have work and school and will not give up either to go line up -_-.

I hope NO ONE HERE will consider buying in bulk and sell on ebay or sth(don't want to give any ideas) But if anyone IS going to line up....(you wanna help me get one too ? ;) j/k).

anyways, apparently you get a free book w/ the purchase of the bag.

Stupid HR...why make a waiting list when they're gonna get rid of it. If i didn't go there in person, I would've still been waiting for their call expecting to pick one up when it's ready..not go in early to wait in line!

hopefully, they will have tons in stock so i can possibly pick one up over the wkend or sth :sad:

I totally agree with you. I cannot make a bag the first priority of my life. I love bags but that is really overdoing it.

As for people to resell the bag on ebay, I think that is very low. You won't have me as your customer, know for a fact how cheap the bag really is.

If there is any left for me, I will not buy in bulk, knowing lots would like at least one. If HR get's another shipment, then I will go back and buy another. I will not pay more then what it is worth.

HR better be smart and make sure that there is enouph in stock!

i dont know how it works at Holt's but here in NY there was a two bag limit per person (to prevent bulk purchasing) and they had to be pre-ordered... they will be available in the store later on this summer I've heard.

as far as the reselling of them on eBay goes... I don't know why so many people have a problem with this happening. It's not against any rules and for some people it is the only way they might be able to get the bag they want. While I agree the prices are ridiculous, that is the seller and the buyers choice to determine- not ours. if you don't like the prices on eBay don't buy it from eBay. It's as simple as that.

JMTC :smile:

I should clarify how I got mine -- I was on the original list from Short Hills right after they posted on Bag Snob all the phone numbers to call. I was bound to get one after I complained to a manager high up in AH about the LA store acting like I was a hick - from Chicago. :tdown: The manager was really very lovely and concerned, though.

yes.please: actually, i agree with you on that point :smile: I actually wanted to emphasize on the 'hoarding' part..and reselling for crazy prices. of course, it would take a willing customer to pay for crazy prices :O I just think a limit should be enforced because Holt's limit is 10 /person. :wacko: I mean 2-3, 5...that's reasonable..but 10?!?! I'm actually going to NYC soon, wonder if it'll be easier to get one?

anyways, hope everyone here will get the bag somehow.. eventually!