I'm going MANCRAZY!!!

I do LVOE some of the Richard Prince designs, but I too cannot get over the jokes. I tried telling myself that they were artistic, that they were ironic, that they were collector's items. And yet, I just do not want to carry a handbag with those jokes on them. I guess I am insecure enough not to want people to think that I support those sentiments, or find humor in them.

Otherwise those are stunning handbags, but I cannot get over those jokes. I'm sure if you get them, they will be very very rare pieces. And LV does have something for everyone. Even if I don't LVoe it, it doesn't mean that you can't. But for the prices of those bags, you should be sure you adore it.

(Sorry for the rant, but I've been really trying to find a way to love those joke bags, the colors are just phenomenal.)

I actually think that the jokes are kind of funny ... not the jokes themselves, but the fact that they are emblazoned on the bag for all the world to see. I like this bag, and I would get it if I had the money. But since I don't, I'd like to live vicariously through you ... get it!!!

Thanks so much for the frank opinions!
I figure, if I hear enough about how many people don't like the jokes I'd get used to it. LOL, sounds crazy right?
I just love that bag and don't really mind the jokes myself :smile: :girlsigh:

Hmmm... what can I say about this bag that hasn't been already said?

Posters mentioned in the reference thread that the colours are vibrant, the canvas is supple, and the interior has many compartments. So from the aesthetic&practical viewpoints this bag is a winner.

The bag is part of a much-hyped collaboration with a well-known artist, and has been featured extensively on blogs and magazines. It means this a true collectors piece, which is also a plus in my book.

However, this bag will be always a conversation piece, whenever you will carry it. And sooner or later every conversation will turn to the jokes. The jokes are what they are, Richard Price likes them, Marc Jacobs likes them, but do YOU like them? Are you ready to defend that bag? Argue about the artistic merit of the jokes? About the reasons why you bought&carry the bag?