If you only had four (maybe five) brands to choose from, what would they be?

Which brands would you choose?

• Zoya

• OPI

• Chanel

• Dior

• DL

• MAC

• None of the above. See my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hmmmmm....this is tough!

If i had to it which is a big if....

OPI (3 brands in a go! $ N and regular!)
Dior love the brush!
Sinful colors/ W&W (one of them cheap thrills!)
Essie I love Essie !

One brand would be rotating for what color I liked! LOL! or CG

Chanel
Deborah Lippmann/Lippmann Collection
NARS
OPI
China Glaze

Honourable mentions: Nicole by OPI, Butter London, Illamasqua, QUO/Orly at Shoppers, SALON Sally Hansen, Revlon

Totally forgot about Illamasqua
So far, Nails Inc. for their consistent formula and most only need one coat and OPI for it's variety of colours.

So man that I haven't tried yet and Nails Inc is one but this polish thing is a slippery slope. I will end up with tons of polishes and only worn half!

I was just thinking about this! Such a great thread!

for me..

Chanel
Dior
Zoya
DL
OPI
This sounds like my perfect combo!
^^ This.

I cull my stash once a year, but I do it based on polish (whether I've worn it that year/whether it looks good on me), not on brand.
I am not doing just for the brand which is why I said I wanted the brand to be a variety of finishes, colors, collections and it does not matter if it is a cheapie or high end. I am not a polish snob so it is not like I want to only wear x but me being the person I am I need some direction with my collection and don't want just a bunch of randoms polish colors. Truth be told I can survive without majority of the colors I have now and rarely ever need those backups that I buy.

Besides, narrowing my collection down, like my shoes and bags, is the consistency that I need. May not work for everyone but the tons of random one, two, or three bottles of something drive me crazy!
Yea..... dude, I can't even do it. :lol:

lol

Tough question

Chanel for the formula
OPI since that's what I own the most of
Nfu Oh for all of the different finishes and color choices
Revlon for all the dupes they make
Fifth place goes to those Sally Hansen nail decals. Love these!

Wow the decals? That's a serious statement!

I only buy Dior and Chanel now. I actually spend less money doing this than I did buying all brands.

For mid price I would go for OPI because Zoya wears horribly on me but I would choose Zoya over OPI for color selection.

This is what I am thinking will happen too! I will go to the nail supply store and easily spend $200 and just because I get a discount I buy polishes in multiples and some I never wear or I end up giving away. If I keep some control over those I will keep myself from having hundreds of untried. To me that is so unnecessary.

Hmmmmm....this is tough!

If i had to it which is a big if....

OPI (3 brands in a go! $ N and regular!)
Dior love the brush!
Sinful colors/ W&W (one of them cheap thrills!)
Essie I love Essie !

One brand would be rotating for what color I liked! LOL! or CG

Lol great catch on OPI! Hmmm maybe I could eventually try rotating!

OMG this will be super tough but if I had to do it, I'd say:

- Chanel
- Deborah Lippmann
- Dior
- OPI or Zoya but OPI has the edge
- Ozotic/Picture Polish

I don't know how you or anyone can stick to just 4 or 5 brands. I know that I can't do it. There are great, unique colors for practically every brand and there are new brands all the time. ;)

First question I would ask is what brands do you find yourself wearing most of? Then what are you looking for most in the brands to have? i.e. variety of colors/finishes or a certain formula.

I definitely think OPI should be one since it comes in a variety of colors and finishes.

Inglot has a huge amount of colors.

Revlon has a decent formula and I do love how they dupe in season shades so well.

Dior has a great formula and I think their colors are far more desirable (to me) than Chanel.

I think that would be my 4. I would always make exceptions for lemming (but would limit myself to 1 shade per collection release).

First question I would ask is what brands do you find yourself wearing most of? Then what are you looking for most in the brands to have? i.e. variety of colors/finishes or a certain formula.

I definitely think OPI should be one since it comes in a variety of colors and finishes.

Inglot has a huge amount of colors.

Revlon has a decent formula and I do love how they dupe in season shades so well.

Dior has a great formula and I think their colors are far more desirable (to me) than Chanel.

I think that would be my 4. I would always make exceptions for lemming (but would limit myself to 1 shade per collection release).

I have mostly Zoya and OPI and that is simply because I have been collecting them (and not giving them away) consistently. I just started recently wearing Chanel and DL, within the past year and a half, and I absolutely love all of the polishes that I have gotten from them. Between Zoya, OPI, Chanel and DL I can get a long range of polishes that I wear mostly - glitter, creme, shimmer, sheer, and jelly.

Maybe my fifth brand should be a specialty brand? That will cover the duochromes and others.

Haven't tried Inglot but hey there will tons of things that I don't try. I am not about to go on a polish trying spree just to see what else I like. I totally agree with Nordysgirl, that will just confuse me even more!

At the bolded: Now of course I will by some polishes that I see of other brands that I have to have. Even with the ones that I will give away I will still keep some of the ones that I love. It is more of a pairing down thing because at this point, for me, I feel like I am hoarding polish and no longer collecting.

I think I want to just go back to having a nice sized collection where I love and appreciate the majority of the collection instead of just having a ton of polish that I will not touch. I feel like I am buying stuff to just be buying and that is not cool to me.

The more I think about it the more I realize that this is not impossible, for me, but it will take me a minute to narrow it down. Phew I was starting to worry about myself! :lol:

I am currently making an attempt to do this as well! The top three brands of mine are Zoya (love everything about this company!), Chanel, and Dior.

I think Zoya has a special place with me. For the past 6 or 7 years that I have been doing business with them I have not had any major problems with them. If I did have a problem it was quickly solved!

OMG this will be super tough but if I had to do it, I'd say:

- Chanel
- Deborah Lippmann
- Dior
- OPI or Zoya but OPI has the edge
- Ozotic/Picture Polish

I don't know how you or anyone can stick to just 4 or 5 brands. I know that I can't do it. There are great, unique colors for practically every brand and there are new brands all the time. ;)

For me, it is possible, like I do with my makeup, bags, shoes, clothing, hair products, jewelry, electronics, and everything else in between. There will be new brands all the time and I am definitely not trying to keep up. I would not consider myself a product junkie either or I don't want to just try things just because. As far as the unique colors I tend to not reach for them daily anyway or if there is a color that I have to have then I will buy it. Besides, it is not like I am putting a cap on the amount of polishes that I will buy nor will I not buy a polish that I absolutely love just because it is not a brand that I don't buy or collect. I just want to have a more focused and concentrated collection.

The newer brands that I have bought they are just sitting there waiting to be tried or I have tried them and thought "that was nice" but still end up going back to my tried and trues. For instance, the halloween polishes - will never ever wear them but got them because they were cute and halloween themed.

Close to half of my collection is sitting untried and the fact that I keep adding to that untried pile and not trying more is not sitting will with me. I feel like money is just sitting there.

Ozotic/Picture Polish could possibly be my specialty one!

I know everyone cannot do it but for me I feel it necessary.

Chanel, OPI, DL, and Zoya. I actually haven't tried Dior yet but I would try a few polishes in the future.

Edit: I also really like Essie!
The four you chose I think will be my top four, now I just have to figure out another. Maybe instead of the fifth being a brand I can make that something else like pinks, or glitters, or duochromes, or something that will give my collection more versatility?

chanel, dior, and opi. though there are a bunch that i haven't tried that i'm sure i would like, such as zoya and dl.
Lol I think that will always be the case.

Nubar
Butter London
OPI
Color Club
China Glaze
Great list! I am always putting off trying Nubar and I don't know why! Color Club is another one that I have recently started to like but I can live without them, I think.

I think the consensus is you craycray for attempting to whittle down your collection ;)
^:yes: :giggles:

I can't even imagine wanting to pair down my collection :wtf:

my favorite from your list is zoya. my favorite brands are: china glaze, zoya, & lynnderella. it's remotely conceivable that I could give up everything else if I had to...at gunpoint.

^:yes: :giggles:

I can't even imagine wanting to pair down my collection :wtf:

my favorite from your list is zoya. my favorite brands are: china glaze, zoya, & lynnderella. it's remotely conceivable that I could give up everything else if I had to...at gunpoint.

Am I beginning to feel the exact opposite. I can't imagine wanting to continue to keep buying at the rate that I am buying, and not using. I just feel like I would rather have 100 bottles of absolutely amazing polishes than 500 polishes that I will get around to wearing, "oh that bottle is cute," "I should get this! What if one day down the line I will want it."

I am :wtf: how I am still buying polish and have TONS that I haven't tried. Now that's craycray to me.

And, I am not asking anyone to do this for themselves I am asking for you all to help ME!! :lol: