If you only had four (maybe five) brands to choose from, what would they be?

Which brands would you choose?

• Zoya

• OPI

• Chanel

• Dior

• DL

• MAC

• None of the above. See my post.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh gosh! I must to have Lippmann too! Maybe I should change to six brands lol!

I do like Essie but I think they are too one-note for me and their formulas are inconsistent. However, I do love neutrals and sheers so maybe they will be a good brand to choose? Ugh! The decisions!!
I dun like the sheer pale pinks from ESSIE. I didnt like this brand much until the 2011 Fall and 2011 WInter collection came out i think! the ones in these two collections are "almost"
one coater!! with careful application some can get away with just one coat! haha I highly recommend Lady Like & Cocktail Bling!! Applications were soo smooth !I recommend Bangle Jangle too :P altho I dun own it but I plan on getting it !oo and i think they dry fast too!

I think the consensus is you craycray for attempting to whittle down your collection ;)

*giggle* THIS!

But I just love Dior. And Cult Nails...love how Maria is so hands-on...freat CS, great colors, etc.

I chose Revlon because they've really stepped up their game with formula, finishes, colors, brush, etc. AND are pretty good at duping a variety of what's so popular in a wide variety of other brands. If I were paring down on brands, this is a cheaper, drugstore alternative to the "one from this brand, one from that brand," etc...

I chose ChG and Zoya because of the wide ranges and I like the formula on the majority from each of these brands.

All 5 of my choices are cruelty-free as well.

OPI is my first choice, without a shadow of a doubt. Zoya would be one. I'm really not sure about the rest. I'm kind of trying to do the same thing myself, I'm trying to build up my collectios of OPI's and Zoya's, and tryiing to downsize on Orly, ChG(other than the holo's) etc. But then I also have my collection of HTF's which are varying brands, and which I wouldn't dream of getting rid of. That's a hard one, it really is.

My top three are definitely OPI, China Glaze and Chanel. Then I think I'd have to pick Orly (if only for the Cosmic FX collection) and ... hmm. toss up between Lippmann (for her hex glitters), butter (for All Hail McQueen and Henley Regatta) and Zoya (for the Sparkle collection).

I think the consensus is you craycray for attempting to whittle down your collection ;)
Haha! I am doomed before I start! :P

I am going to have a hard time with this, seriously!
My five are -

OPI
Chanel
Dior
Rescue Beauty Lounge
China Glaze

I can easily live without drugstore brands, and for mid-range I consistently like more colors from OPI and China Glaze collections more than any other brand. High end is Chanel, Dior, and much as I would like to breakup, RBL.

Everything else for me is optional. This is actually a great thread - I've been paring down my collection, too, and will probably commit to only buying these brands in 2012 (makes shopping/budgeting so much easier!).

(Well, unless there's a Color Club collection at Ross for $7.99. I shall never pass up on those again!)
The five that you chose are great but I just cannot part with Zoya!

Grrr... the whole RBL thing is so disappointing because the colors that I do own are something that I would want in a collection. However, I can't support Ji and her drama any longer.

I have been thinking about having a "direction" with my collection for awhile now but later it just seems to just be out of control and I don't like disorder lol!

However, like you, if there is a set or something that I must have will not pass on it is just lately I am just buying stuff like I won the lotto! I keep forgetting to update my spreadsheet so that's a whole other mess in itself!
I dun like the sheer pale pinks from ESSIE. I didnt like this brand much until the 2011 Fall and 2011 WInter collection came out i think! the ones in these two collections are "almost"
one coater!! with careful application some can get away with just one coat! haha I highly recommend Lady Like & Cocktail Bling!! Applications were soo smooth !I recommend Bangle Jangle too :P altho I dun own it but I plan on getting it !oo and i think they dry fast too!
Haha! I like those collections too! Essie was actually one of the first brands that I started collecting but eventually ventured into other brands!

i picked OPI chanel and dior.

i added butter london as my" other".

:tup:

*giggle* THIS!

But I just love Dior. And Cult Nails...love how Maria is so hands-on...freat CS, great colors, etc.

I chose Revlon because they've really stepped up their game with formula, finishes, colors, brush, etc. AND are pretty good at duping a variety of what's so popular in a wide variety of other brands. If I were paring down on brands, this is a cheaper, drugstore alternative to the "one from this brand, one from that brand," etc...

I chose ChG and Zoya because of the wide ranges and I like the formula on the majority from each of these brands.

All 5 of my choices are cruelty-free as well.

OPI is my first choice, without a shadow of a doubt. Zoya would be one. I'm really not sure about the rest. I'm kind of trying to do the same thing myself, I'm trying to build up my collectios of OPI's and Zoya's, and tryiing to downsize on Orly, ChG(other than the holo's) etc. But then I also have my collection of HTF's which are varying brands, and which I wouldn't dream of getting rid of. That's a hard one, it really is.

Yea OPI will be in the mix somewhere because thy have them all! I would really be "craycray" to pass them up!

Oh crap - I forgot about Orly. I love Orly. Oh well, I'm not the one undertaking an impossible (for me) task. :P
Hey, hey! Stop reminding me of how difficult and impossible this will be! This may take years!

My top three are definitely OPI, China Glaze and Chanel. Then I think I'd have to pick Orly (if only for the Cosmic FX collection) and ... hmm. toss up between Lippmann (for her hex glitters), butter (for All Hail McQueen and Henley Regatta) and Zoya (for the Sparkle collection).

Zoya is in, no doubt! I am not too in love with Orly where I cannot let them go although I do have the FX collection (which I love but do not wear) and some of their cremes are amazing!

Tough question

Chanel for the formula
OPI since that's what I own the most of
Nfu Oh for all of the different finishes and color choices
Revlon for all the dupes they make
Fifth place goes to those Sally Hansen nail decals. Love these!

I only buy Dior and Chanel now. I actually spend less money doing this than I did buying all brands.

For mid price I would go for OPI because Zoya wears horribly on me but I would choose Zoya over OPI for color selection.