I was offerred $500 to drop him off..then I called the cops.

To me this sounds like one of those "Nigerian scam" emails that you get, saying I will give you 500 of $1000 if you deposit this money in your account, or the missionary scams...

You have to be careful nowadays!

i think it is safe to say, "don't talk to anyone that approaches you in a parking lot"

a man tried to carjack me in a target lot many years ago...was asking stupid questions, then starts beating on my window and trying to open the door

i give everyone the evil eye in a parking lot, especially if i am with my kids

YIKES!! What a creep! I cant figure out why he just didnt call a taxi with his $500 and cell phone? He was def. up to something no good! I sure hope he (and his female accomplice) gets caught!

wow... i don't want to hear any TPFers getting hurt in the newspapers or anything like that.

In my area, people like to hang around gas stations (the scariest place for me), then they like to approach you AFTER you put in your pump so you can't go anywhere. They mostly try to sell you a CD that they made. I was approached by a young African American male. Probably had no intentions to do anything, just wanted money. He even had the nerve to ask for my phone number, and when i said no, he asked if i had a bf. :shrugs:

Sometimes when I'm walking in the parking lot with my BF, other people would approach us for money, or with a long story of some sort. So it's not just girls!

be safe everyone!

I am glad you are ok.. and after hearing that others had a similar story... I am glad I saw this... because I will be on the look-out for it.. and let all the woman friends I have.. know about this.

I posted this also on your other thread.

Well, how about I have another story...this happened this morning coming into my office:

I work on a military base of all places, but there are some weirdos her too!

I'm pulling into the lot and I see this woman walking by. Pull into my space. Well as I'm getting my stuff out of my car, I hear someone saying "excuse me." She basically starts telling me this story about how she didn't want to be presumptive (her words), but she had this whole story about no phone being available and her car getting repaired and need a ride home, and at this point I believe I think she was going to ask me if I could take her home, but I was like, "I'm on my way into work and have a meeting to go to..." then she was like, oh, sorry to give you my sob story, etc, etc.

What the Hell is going on with these people....I found that VERY strange especially on a military base!!! She had already passed the lot when I parked, and had to back track to talk to me. Strange.

Ladies be careful.

I posted this also on your other thread.

Well, how about I have another story...this happened this morning coming into my office:

I work on a military base of all places, but there are some weirdos her too!

I'm pulling into the lot and I see this woman walking by. Pull into my space. Well as I'm getting my stuff out of my car, I hear someone saying "excuse me." She basically starts telling me this story about how she didn't want to be presumptive (her words), but she had this whole story about no phone being available and her car getting repaired and need a ride home, and at this point I believe I think she was going to ask me if I could take her home, but I was like, "I'm on my way into work and have a meeting to go to..." then she was like, oh, sorry to give you my sob story, etc, etc.

What the Hell is going on with these people....I found that VERY strange especially on a military base!!! She had already passed the lot when I parked, and had to back track to talk to me. Strange.

Ladies be careful.

I think for all these cases, I would have been like, "but my husband is a Police officer so i can take u to the station and he will definitely be able to help u out". Pretty much all the time, they will decline your offer, because they don't need the help at all.

I think for all these cases, I would have been like, "but my husband is a Police officer so i can take u to the station and he will definitely be able to help u out". Pretty much all the time, they will decline your offer, because they don't need the help at all.

that's a very good idea! i will try that next time if something like this ever happens to me (which i hope doesnt)

I don't think that is a good idea. They may take you up on the offer just to get you in the car. Once you're in the car with them they can pull out a gun or knife and force you to take them anywhere. Sure, most will decline the offer but some psychos won't.

A better solution would be to offer to call the police station and have them send out an officer to help the individual.

Oh my gosh! That's scary........thank goodness you're safe though... and smart enough to refuse, because sometimes there are people who don't think twice and agree to do anything for someone in "need of help".