I want to "wow" my wife for x-mas

in that price range, if she wants a bag that is subtle yet a brand that people know, i would go for coach. it is the best quality bag in that price range. unless she wants a super simple Louis Vuitton, speedy or neverfull, or papillon 26

This in one of the most romantic things I've ever heard. You are such a wonderful husband, she is one lucky woman. I am sure she is going to love your gift no matter what brand or price. Just the thought and all the research you have done is enough to make any woman feel like the luckiest person alive.
That said I also think a Epi speedy 25 is a fantastic choice, but so is the Damier and it is a little bit cheaper.

I'm going to tell you what I told the other guy: DIAMONDS. Go to Tiffany's and buy some diamonds. Nothing is better than seeing one of those little blue bags in the hands of the man you love ;)

I'm a purseaholic, but I love getting special jewelry because it's something I would never buy for myself. If you're going to surprise a woman with a purse, it's gotta be something really extravagant like Louis Vuitton, Chanel or Hermes. JMHO...

I'm going to tell you what I told the other guy: DIAMONDS. Go to Tiffany's and buy some diamonds. Nothing is better than seeing one of those little blue bags in the hands of the man you love ;)

I'm a purseaholic, but I love getting special jewelry because it's something I would never buy for myself. If you're going to surprise a woman with a purse, it's gotta be something really extravagant like Louis Vuitton, Chanel or Hermes. JMHO...

Bingo!! :tup: My husband surprised me with Tiffany diamond earrings on our wedding day and THAT box!! Just knowing that he went through the trouble to go and pick them out etc. soooo sweet. :love: he also gave me a Tiffany's necklace 2 years ago on Valentines day. That Tiffany's bag or that box....ohhhhh, there is nothing like it (although I can totally understand the LV thing!)

I asked my wife's sister Margaret for a second opinion b/c no one knows my wife better and Margaret is somewhat of a purse connoisseur herself. Margaret said that my wife would be way more psyched to receive a cute, modestly priced bag and a new work bag rather than one, more expensive bag.

So now I've totally switched plans. My mom is buying my wife a purse of some kind and I've agreed to buy her a work bag. I'm probably going with the Coach Hamptons Leather Carryall because it will fit my wife's computer as well as other stuff she carries to and from work every day.

I am totally open to suggestions if anyone knows of another quality work bag similar to the Hamptons bag.

(You gals are so great!)

...I'm probably going with the Coach Hamptons Leather Carryall because it will fit my wife's computer as well as other stuff she carries to and from work every day.

I am totally open to suggestions if anyone knows of another quality work bag similar to the Hamptons bag.

(You gals are so great!)

If I were you, I would focus on buying a nice computer bag (one with padding, velcro clasps to hold computer in place, etc.), if holding the computer is an issue. It is not the best idea to put a computer in a regular nice general carryall (unless it is designed as a computer bag, with extra padding) - - too easy for it to get bumped, dropped or shaken without the added protection that a specialized computer bag offers. So...you might want to consider reframing your request for suggestions :yes:.:okay::confused1: