I want to "wow" my wife for x-mas

Nov 7, 2007
Hi everyone in purseland.

I'm looking for a bag for my wife. I'm looking to spend no more than $600 (sorry if that insults anyone, but funds are rather limited and $600 would be a splurge).

My first choice would be something in black because she only has one small bag (Cole Haan I believe) in that color. That being said, her winter coat is camel, so perhaps it is time to replace her brown Coach "Hobo" bag.

I would never try to separate my wife from her beloved Coach leather business carryall, so I think something small or mid-sized would be best. I have no idea whether a shoulder or hand-carry is acceptable.

I would owe a huge debt of gratitude to anyone who can suggest a style. I went to Bloomies last weekend, but I was not impressed with its selection in my price range.

Maybe I can return the favor? I know a lot of excellent, obscure music.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
San Francisco
Do you know what other brands she likes? How about a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25? I believe their current retail price is $575. It's not black, but it is a classic she would keep for years. I personally have had my Speedy for almost 19 years now.

Faurecia

Oct 10, 2006
I would say check out some brands like Rebecca Minkoff (who is having a sample sale right now), kooba, gryson, and botkier. They are cheaper but still well made bags. This way maybe you could get a better idea of what you like.

Also there are a lot places that sell bags and have codes so you can get a discount so if you find something you like thats a little out of your price range changes are someone can find a place for you to get it at a discount.

Aslan

rainy
Nov 12, 2006
New York City
Do you know what other brands she likes? How about a Louis Vuitton Speedy 25? I believe their current retail price is $575. It's not black, but it is a classic she would keep for years. I personally have had my Speedy for almost 19 years now.
$595 now.

In that price range: Anna Corrinna City Tote!

Faurecia

Oct 10, 2006
I would say check out some brands like Rebecca Minkoff (who is having a sample sale right now), kooba, gryson, and botkier. They are cheaper but still well made bags. This way maybe you could get a better idea of what you like.

Also there are a lot places that sell bags and have codes so you can get a discount so if you find something you like thats a little out of your price range changes are someone can find a place for you to get it at a discount.

I forgot to mention they all have their own websites that you can browse.

curlsaloud

curlsaloud
O.G.
Mar 24, 2007
- NyC -
Nov 7, 2007
Wow, thanks for responding so quickly! I should have mentioned in my initial post that anything monogrammed is out. My wife hates to advertise (she even removes the Coach tag).

Thanks for the input.

lawgirl07

O.G.
May 27, 2007

Seren_HGH

O.G.
Nov 28, 2006
Alberta
I echo the LV speedy suggestion...It's timeless and a true classic...plus the colours are super versatile and it's not a seasonal bag. She will be able to use it in all four seasons for years to come...AND it looks fabulous all boxed up with a bow ;)

Seren_HGH

O.G.
Nov 28, 2006
Alberta
I think the cole haan although wonderful in it's own right...is a little to trendy...meaning it's probably not a viable option for long term use...just my opinion though...

kroquet

Sep 18, 2007
Texas
How about a Belen Echandia bag? Go to the website and a black bag can be ordered and customized. They are handmade and look very nice. If she likes Coach, I would suggest the Bleeker Shopper in black leather.