I quit luxury. Selling all Chanel bags to get back to minimalist style. I feel overwhelmed.

I can relate, at some point in our lives, we will need to pair down. I have no children so no heirs to hand down to. But as of right now, I do enjoy my bags, they give me energy to wake up in the morning and get a bag and look at them. It feeds my soul. Both my parents are gone so my joy is my bags now. Eventually, I will need to de clutter and get rid some of the bags. I will keep the Chanel classics and some LV forever in my collection and probably place in my will to donate to charity. For now, just enjoying my bags. I would look at my bags and they just make my heart sings.

I'm in the same boat as @CPA, as I also don't have kids. So I gotta enjoy all my bags now while I can before I'm getting really old. When I become really old, I will sell all of my lovely luxury purses.

• Love
Reactions: sjunky13
As you know, most of my bag collection was obtained second hand as well. Mine wasn't a conscious decision to do something good for the planet but to save money and to get styles that were no longer available. Plus rehabbing is fun.
I made a conscious decision after listening to a speaker who said we vote with our money every time we make a purchase.

Best wishes to the original poster :flowers:

My comment on your thread. I was looking forward to looking around and getting to know a different community (you were very welcoming thank you) but that just soured my day..
I don't believe they will remove posts just based on someone's report. The report alerts a moderator to look at it, and they make the decision. You could contact one of the moderators and ask for an explanation. It is really a great community.

I thought it was just me going through mid life crisis. I have sold majority of my Chanel and LV to FP and YC the last couple of months. I'm now down to 6 bags. I was going to give them to my 23yo DD but she think all my bags are ugly and not her style which is another reason I ended up selling most of them.

I thought it was just me going through mid life crisis. I have sold majority of my Chanel and LV to FP and YC the last couple of months. I'm now down to 6 bags. I was going to give them to my 23yo DD but she think all my bags are ugly and not her style which is another reason I ended up selling most of them.
My daughters happily take the bags I give them, except they don't like my vintage bags.

Wait, are you the person who asked if someone would be willing to sell their luxury items to you? If you are, that is why it was removed. No selling is allowed on the forum.

Thank you, I will try to do that because it doesnt make sense..

Cheers and welcome to TPF. No hard feelings, please don't take the deletion personally. We have a strict no-sell/buy policy on the open boards and have had it for years. It's commonplace for our mods to remove buying inquiries like yours. Makes sense?

Cheers and welcome to TPF. No hard feelings, please don't take the deletion personally. We have a strict no-sell/buy policy on the open boards and have had it for years. It's commonplace for our mods to remove buying inquiries like yours. Makes sense?

Last edited: