I quit luxury. Selling all Chanel bags to get back to minimalist style. I feel overwhelmed.

Thank you !! yes, money should be in the bank !! that's why I quit. I don't have a million dollars to buy everything I wanted that why buying and selling is a bad circle for me. it seemed endless as well. I needed to stop!! Because deep down I got the answer "It's not worth it for me". I spent a lot of energy pondering selling buying and it ends now. Thanks again.
I feel this a lot! I would like to stop as well because the cycle is not sustainable and I’ve spent too much time and energy on this - and I don’t know if it really brings me joy or just makes me feel more excluded/exclusive?
Thank you for your post!!!! I sold my chanel classic flap before the price increase and have consistently regretted it but learning to let go and slowly give up these “materialistic” possessions for more of an authentic and experience-based life.

I feel this a lot! I would like to stop as well because the cycle is not sustainable and I’ve spent too much time and energy on this - and I don’t know if it really brings me joy or just makes me feel more excluded/exclusive?
Thank you for your post!!!! I sold my chanel classic flap before the price increase and have consistently regretted it but learning to let go and slowly give up these “materialistic” possessions for more of an authentic and experience-based life.

I feel guilty for selling a bag that I don’t use. Luxury is a personal thing, and if you considered selling it 5 times, then it was the right choice even if you feel guilty after. If you were smitten and in love and felt true joy from it, you wouldn’t sell it even if you got 2x retail. I ask my kids - would you rather have 20 dollars or this stuffed animal. I keep raising the amount, and the ones they truly love they would not sell, not even for 100 dollars. As adults, we can do that same joy test. Alternatively, find something you own that brings you joy. And gauge everything else based on how that makes you feel.

I, once, before I heard of Chanel, bought pink tweed Chanel shorts. I wore them for a few years, and donated to the Salvation Army because they got too big for me. Then a few years later, I heard about Chanel, realized What I had done, kicked myself for about 2 years. And then moved on because in hindsight it was just a pair of shorts.

I feel guilty for selling a bag that I don’t use. Luxury is a personal thing, and if you considered selling it 5 times, then it was the right choice even if you feel guilty after. If you were smitten and in love and felt true joy from it, you wouldn’t sell it even if you got 2x retail. I ask my kids - would you rather have 20 dollars or this stuffed animal. I keep raising the amount, and the ones they truly love they would not sell, not even for 100 dollars. As adults, we can do that same joy test. Alternatively, find something you own that brings you joy. And gauge everything else based on how that makes you feel.

I, once, before I heard of Chanel, bought pink tweed Chanel shorts. I wore them for a few years, and donated to the Salvation Army because they got too big for me. Then a few years later, I heard about Chanel, realized What I had done, kicked myself for about 2 years. And then moved on because in hindsight it was just a pair of shorts.
Aw! Thank you for that I completely agree with everything you said. I think i was at a point in my life where there was a lot of transition and I had spent so much energy buying and selling bags as an escape really - that staring at a 4K bag in my closet was not sparking joy! But then now I regret it because I wish I hung on a little longer to that bag - given it’s timeless quality. I have since amassed a collection of so many cheaper bags but nothing will replace that Chanel flap sigh. Haha so you’re right. Hindsight is always 2020 thank you!!!! I know. I can’t wait to find more hobbies that spark joy and less financial expenditures. I totally understand what you mean though about keeping something if you enjoy it!

Reactions: lovieluvslux