I no longer wish to be associated with My Poupette!

Well Speedy, Lorimatthews attempts to explain this but at the end of the day as she says MyP are getting revenue from these advts!!!!!!!
Whether she endorses or not these advts for fake bags sure don't look good!

NB: None of the auction items have any bids, I listed items there with the same result!
Ebay is bad at the minute but at least one knows to beware of fake sellers, on MyP one should be 100% secure when buying, I do not think that that trust is there anymore!

"The ads that you're talking about are not placed by MyPoupette. They are ads that are paid for by outside sources through Google. The ads are placed by a bidding system to get on the site. MyPoupette gets revenue from these ads. Unfortunately, they cannot control what ads are served on the pages. "

Well said. However, MP can certainly control what ads are run. They just have to choose not to earn revenue from Google. It seems that MP has decided that the bottom line, i.e., her profits, are more important than her integrity and reputation.

This is what I found on the homepage that made me totally feel that MP was allowing fakes to be sold via ImageChic:
bluestripe.gif

My Poupette has a NEW auction site! Sign up at ImageChic.com!

I admit I know little about authenticating handbags and my computer knowledge is maybe a tad better than my purse knowledge, but when I saw that one the website, I thought she was advertising for ImageChic and the few purses I saw there look fake to me. IS there an LV outlet in Singapore? That's where a lot of the LV's are coming from.

Regardless, it looks like advertising fakes isn't her only problem, no answering emails and verifying after they'd paid the fees... well, she's only burying herself. I also found it very odd she didn't try to defend herself, but then I don't know the woman.

I know several MPRS sellers who chose not to renew their subscriptions. Initially being an MPRS helps build a reputation and client base on Ebay, but after a year or two there is no need to still have the MPRS logo (and pay $79 or whatever Angie is charging now). And the logo means much less now if MP doesn't enforce her community standards on members.

There are many good MPRS sellers out there, but they would still be good sellers without the logo in their auctions. ;)

This is what I found on the homepage that made me totally feel that MP was allowing fakes to be sold via ImageChic:
bluestripe.gif

I admit I know little about authenticating handbags and my computer knowledge is maybe a tad better than my purse knowledge, but when I saw that one the website, I thought she was advertising for ImageChic and the few purses I saw there look fake to me. IS there an LV outlet in Singapore? That's where a lot of the LV's are coming from.

Regardless, it looks like advertising fakes isn't her only problem, no answering emails and verifying after they'd paid the fees... well, she's only burying herself. I also found it very odd she didn't try to defend herself, but then I don't know the woman.

Imagechic is My Poupettes auction site, this is where members of MPRS can sell their bags

bluestripe.gif

Imagechic is the auction site for MPRS, but it's not going well (not a lot of sales there) The seller from Signapore you are reffering is known for selling affordable authentic bags(wich I was a little concern in the begining knowing that a lot of fakes are also made there) If I'm not mistaken that seller has his/her own website
www.2nd-handbag.com and many of tpf's buy from there.

Imagechic is the auction site for MPRS, but it's not going well (not a lot of sales there) The seller from Signapore you are reffering is known for selling affordable authentic bags(wich I was a little concern in the begining knowing that a lot of fakes are also made there) If I'm not mistaken that seller has his/her own website
www.2nd-handbag.com and many of tpf's buy from there.

Yes, but I would be VERY apprehensive that her only accepted payment are no longer with PayPal, but Western Union, bank transfer, wire transfer and this new one, moneybookers.com. Which I'm sure seems legit, but I would still be apprehensive to buy directly from their website without anybody else to back you up (i.e. eBay, PayPal, etc.).

I have had communication from MP saying that there will be changes & I believe in giving everyone a second chance so please can we let this thread die now. I will ask a MOD to close.
If anyone else wishes to discuss MP please open your own thread. TIA!

Wow- I had no idea MP was going down the drain! That sucks! But I'm so happy we have TPF!

edited to add: Roz, hope things work out and I agree on giving a second chance- but that would take so much revamping by MP, cutting out the bad apples, lowering fees back to what they were and also responding quicker.

I always *thought* MyPoupette was reputable, but after reading these negatives threads on TPF, I'm shocked at what they've become!!! Thanks for sharing, and you did the right thing by cutting yourself off from this company.

Wow, what a story. As a buyer, I used to use their service but felt that the short terse "authentic" might be a sign of sloppiness. Nevertheless, I thought I'd use them again on another LV I was looking for, (I like to use as many sources for authentication as possible, including right here at tPF, as well as caroldiva just to be thorough) and low and behold - my Paypal fee was not accepted because "recipient is currently unable to receive" funds at this time, and the recipient name is something called "Sun Train"??? And their Live Chat is offline as well, only accepting emails. I guess they're really shutting down.

Isn't Carol Diva the person who used to be affiliated with MPRS, then left and has been doing authenticating on her own? I'm pretty sure ebay/Paypal accepts her letters. Is this correct?