I just remembered, the outlet SA asked me a strange question

you know what it isnt any of their business who your shopping for IMO!! I'm sure people buy and sell on ebay but what about the people who dont do that and we get 21 questions asked. I think they should sell the bags and not worry about us! luckily when i have called they just ask me for the style no and half of the time some of the girls dont even know the name of the bag if i just ask for a certain bag!
i think we would all be good working for coach we know more than SOME not all of the workers!

I was asked the same question when I called an outlet yesterday, and I actually asked her why she was asking me that since normally when you call they ask you what the style number is if you just rattle off a name. Apparently they are instructed to say they don't carry retail bags on the website, so if you are calling about a retail bag, they will tell you it's in FP stores auto. Part of it may be because they are busy, and the other part because they are trying to separate outlet from boutique. Get real, though...not like we don't all know where the bags go after they are deleted! I just told her I know for a fact some outlets I can't get to already have the bags I'm calling about, and that's why I was calling that outlet...I needed a specific color in a specific bag. After I said that, she was all sweet to me too. I almost never mention the forum unless it's someone I know because it doesn't go over very well with some of them, and also because I like to remain anonymous. Never know who might be there!

I like the way you say it! :yes:

^^^^ Amen to that!

They should know that I buy for myself/own personal use...... afterall everytime I come back in to shop I am using a different purse!

If only the outlet SAs took the time and effort that they used on their suspicions and put that energy to better use towards making their "Client Track" system work!
You know, like actually going through the list when the stock is checked in and calling the people that are on the list once they have received those 'tracked' items at the outlet!

Novel idea, I know!
Its not rocket science.......:shrugs:

^^ I agree it is frustrating. My opinion on why it doesn't work is for a variety of reasons...they buy the items, their fav. customers buy the items, and largely because at least the smaller outlets are sometimes too busy to do it because they don't have the staff. The larger outlets have a person dedicated to client track. One person I used to work with in PA quit...she was excellent, and I was also on her personal client track. However, I have to say the most professional client track system that I have seen is Atlantic City...but they have also failed to call me, and a lot of times are rude on the phone. Even my SA from the other outlet made the comment on how rude some of these people are. Any time I've been called before regarding client track, though, they are very nice. It's just that they seem busy when you call them..which usually translates to rude I guess.

Around the holidays, a lot of outlets didn't even look at the list because they had no time to do so...the items just went out on the shelf. I ended up complaining about it because I would walk in and see the items on the shelf that I was on the list for, and that was the explanation given. They just have to get it out on the floor fast rather than playing phone tag with customers who are on the lists. Also, their focus is on outlet merchandise, NOT the retail stuff. I'm sure the retail stuff is icing on the cake for them. It would be nice if they did keep up with the client track, though!

And around me, yes, I've seen people purchase 10-15 bags...they never say a word!! Yet I've known people who are simply collectors, not sellers, in other areas who are given the third degree. Again, NOTHING consistent about Coach but the inconsistencies!!

I'm not surprised by the questions -- I've seen some blatant fleabayers lately at the Orlando outlets. I was in line behind a mother-daughter team with four bags (2 of 2 bags) who were going online on the daughter's handheld to see what the ebay prices were for the bags, and discussing how much they could sell them for based on recent prices.

I just hate the idea that people like that may eventually ruin the deals for the rest of us.