i just got back from the louis vuitton store disappointed =(

Once I get the money I'm going to go back & look at it again. I think alot of it has to do with the fact that it is a simple bag so it felt very light to me which in my mind makes me think cheap just because i'm used to my heavier bags. It will have a totally different feel once it's got stuff in it. I also didn't help that i had three people with me who don't like louis vuitton & were in my ear talking about how it was a waste of money & that I was crazy. I'm going by myself next time.

My friend & her mom were grabbing all the purses off the shelves & digging through them to find the price tags. Just because they thought it was crazy how much they charge. Which didn't have me in the best mood becaue I thought they would have enough common sense not to get in the louis vuitton store & start digging in all the bags & screaming across the store they cost too much & look cheap.

I say wait until you find another bag you love. You will. LV has been launching so many new bags, there will be one that will catch your eye. In the meantime, just keep saving so that you can use the funds towards the future bag.

First let me say that the Damier Trevi PM is so beautiful. Now, I can see how you wouldnt like the Speedy 25 so if I was you I would save up just a little bit and get oh the Alma or the Papillon 26... I also really like the Marais(Bucket).

If you don't like, don't buy it..you may regret it.
Look at the online catalog or go back to the store to find the right bag for you, the bag that makes you happy.

I also didn't help that i had three people with me who don't like louis vuitton & were in my ear talking about how it was a waste of money & that I was crazy. I'm going by myself next time.

Yes, by all means -- go back by yourself! Now that you've shared the whole story -- I think you need to just forget about that experience, go back when you're in the right frame of mind, and make your decision then! FWIW -- you don't want the Speedy to be too heavy as many carry it in the crook of their arms -- that would strain the elbow quite a bit if it were heavy. You're right -- you'll fill it up and then it will feel more substantial. I have a mono Speedy 30 and love it. I would also like more speedies!

I sold my trouville on ebay for $470 once i paid all the fees. I sold it to fund a damier speedy 25 b/c it's rains so much. I'm not going to beable to buy it until I get my first paycheck on the 21st any way but i decided to stop in & take a look at it tonight while i was already at the mall. Well it really didn't excited me. The 25 looked a little small but the 30 was way too big. they need to have like a 27. It was plenty big to fit my stuff though but i just wasn't thrilled with it. I feel so weird not liking it; i think i'm the only louis vuitton lover on the face of the earth that doesn't like the speedy. With that being said i really don't like any of the other damier purses beside the trevi & i'm not ready to spend that much on a purse.

i still think i might buy it but i have no clue what to do. i'm so torn. i want a louis vuitton i can use in the rain but i really don't want to spend more than $700 on a purse right now because i'm saving for other things. Should i buy it or not?

:crybaby:

Why can't you use a MC in the rain? I use mine all the time and never have a problem. I think the MCs are less $$ than damier. If you don't like the speedy, look for something different. I like the really classic shapes, myself. And, again, I wouldn't hesitate to take any of my bags out in the rain.
--Judy

i've got water marks on 2 of my monogramed purses leather handles & it was just a drop of water. I'm too afraid that rain will leave a ton of spots. I'm pretty sure monogramed & damier are the same price; plus i like the damier print itself & want a little change in my collection.

If you don't currently like it and don't think you will then don't buy it. When I first saw the speedy 25 I felt the same way. I wished they made a 27 size. Anyways, although I wasn't crazy in love with it at first sight, I thought I might grow to love it and so I bought my first speedy. I love speedies now and later on ended up buying more!

BTW, they get real heavy real fast when you put stuff inside. Sometimes my arm feels sore afterwards. =P

Go and try/model it when you get your paycheck and see if the 25 is really too small. Now that you're disappointed, when you go back you might not be so let down

Hope it works out or you find something else :flowers:

The same thing happened w/ my first LV purchase..I'd been DYING for a Mono speedy- I bought it, and didn't like it. I thought maybe it was the pattern, so I exchanged it for a Damier. That stayed in the dust bag for over 2 weeks, and I realized I didn't "love" it. So, I returned it as well. Several months later I realize that I just need a different style, so I bought the Cabas Mezzo, which I love. Look into maybe the Neverfull line?

What about the papillon 30, its larger than the speedy 25 and yet not as big in appearance as the speedy 30 and its a great bag plus you get the mini papillon with it which you can use as an evening/nightclub bag!

Oh no :sad: sorry to hear about your friend and her mom bugging you through your shopping experience! Just remember that you have better taste than they do! :P LV is worth EVERY PENNY if you enjoy it and wear it with LoVe!

I wouldn't get something if you have doubts on it. Do go into the boutique again and try out other bags! No need to get a speedy or even anything in monogram if you're not 100% feeling it!

I think you'll LOVE that a lot of the LV bags are light! They're expensive because they're light but SO durable! Can't beat that.

I say save and get the Trevi. I'm not a speedy lover either but find it a necessary evil for lines like Cerises. I personally hate the Trouville too because of short handles. I dont see how you carried that bag. lol... I had a black multi one and HATED it. lol

You should get the Damier Papillon 30 then. THey are so cute & I love the gold hardware. It's perfect for Florida weather...but it hadn't been raining lately since it's getting colder now, so that's why I still use my MC Trouville.