I got my nose pierced today

bnjj

Jovi Junkie
O.G.
Apr 20, 2007
I had been thinking about doing this for some time and today the thought popped into my head and I went and had it done. I got a tiny pink stone.

I have allergies and blow my nose a lot and wonder if that will be weird now.

Advice from anyone who has their's pierced would be great. Thanks.

Congrats! I got mine pierced when I was like 17.. Don't worry. It'll feel awkward at first but eventually, you'll get used to it. There's special nose rings that lay flat against the inside of your nostril to minimise problems.

Nope, I don't think it'll be any harm if you're careful enough. You can also wait until it heals and then get the flat kind, if it makes you feel more comfortable!

ooo be careful! i had my nose pierced and now i have permanent scar tissue on the outside of my nose. not attractive. i also had a screw (those L shaped ones), and it was so hard to clean. i really regret getting that.

I dont have mine done, but just wanted to say Awesome! Congratulations on your new piercing :biggrin:. I love piercings, I have my belly button done, I had my tongue done for 5 years but took it out, and I'm about to get my Tragus(ear) done. Piercings are awesome lol!

Last edited:
Congrats! I've always wanted to get this done but, my dad still threatens me even though I'm 22 that if I get it done, I'll get kicked out LOL! One day... :smile: A friend of mine got hers done...she has no problems blowing her nose now, but, she said it was awkward at first!

Congrats!! I've had my nose pierced before. I got tired of it and took it out. Mine did not leave a scar. YOu cannot even tell there was ever a hole there at all. My advice is just keep it nice and clean - follow your piercer's instructions, and BE CAREFUL when washing your face!! I accidentally ripped mine out one night during washing! OUCH!!

I dont have mine done, but just wanted to say Awesome! Congratulations on your new piercing :biggrin:. I love piercings, I have my belly button done, I had my tongue done for 5 years but took it out, and I'm about to get my Tragus(ear) done. Piercings are awesome lol!

I have my right tragus done...I LOVE it. I'm thinking of getting the other one done too.

I have had my nose pierced for about 5 years now. I also have horrendous allergies, but I've had no problems. It took some getting used to, but when your allergies are really bad just make sure to clean your ring. I haven't had any problems yet though. Good luck and enjoy!

Is the tragus the little nub cartlidge part of your ear? Too lazy to look it up. If so, I have that done and I lovvvvvvvve it. I will never take it out.

Congrats on your nose, B. I can't get it done now - professional work environment. I'm pushing it with my tiny wrist tattoo. My mom always said I have the perfect nose for it though. LOL.

We need a piercing thread to go with the tattoo thread. Dontcha think? :yes:

I just got my nose pierced about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I have a flat backing in mine and I am just sure to use Kleenex and a Q tip if needed to keep it clean:yes:

I am MOST definitely NOT allowed to have mine at work but I am off on an injury until October so hopefully it will be healed enough by then to take it out at work.

congrats - i've had mine done about...two years and wished i'd done it sooner! here's a tip - use a paper towel to dry off the area around it - towels harbor bacteria, and you're also more likely to get it stuck and pull on when cleaning.