I got my nose pierced today

Yay, another nose pierced sister :biggrin:

When I got mine the piercer said I absolutely couldn't change the jewelry for 3 months and that he didn't advise changing it for six months. I haven't changed it at all (had it for a year) because I like the little, subtle one I have. Blowing my nose has never been a problem (and I got sick about two weeks after!), just be careful like other posters have said!

Yeah, I don't intend on changing it for a very long time, if at all. Due to allergies, I've probably blown my nose 10 since getting it done yesterday and all is well.

I have had mine done for a bit over a year and for the most part love it. I have terrible allergies myself and that has not caused me any problems. My only problem is that the skin around my nose tends to get dry and red sometimes and that doesn't look so attractive with a nose ring. Other than that, it's great! :tup:

Yep, mine did not hurt AT ALL either. My eyes just watered on their own accord, but other than that.....painless basically. Just make sure to go to a professional piercer and not someplace in the mall that uses a piercing gun *gasp*

I am hoping I can just use a clear stud when I go back to work but IDK.......at my job visible piercings PERIOD are against policy.

i wanted mines.....but im scared that once ill take it out....itll have a scar..or small hole....also when im interviewing i dont want them to notice it....
blahh

i have my naval pierced....its still there.....haha dont really care for it as much as i did before!

EarDiagram.jpg

Yeah that.

And this: The anti-tragus #8 (other nub) LOL!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/45/Earrings.jpg/345px-Earrings.jpg

Congrats!! Piercings are great =)

I pierced my own nose in 8th grade and don't remember it hurting at all! My friends told me I looked dumb so I took it out. I can still put it in halfway.

But anyways.. there is not a scar at all! It probably looks more like a large pore than anything else.

I wear a nose screw because I used to find that the ones whih only have one bend in them fell out (I wud catch them durin the nite!!) My advice wud b to invest in some of those once it has healed. I love nose piercings x

I've had my nose pierced for quite awhile now (3 years I think) and I also have bad allergies. In the beginning, I had a corkscrew ring and that was a bit of a pain. When you can get the flat kind, you forget it's there!
As others suggested, keep it super clean. Follow all directions. Soaking your whole nose in warm water w/sea salt alleviates any pain, and also keeps it clean/scar-free.
Oh and Neosporin is a God-send!

Aside from the problem I woke up with the second day after having it done and the horrific pain to fix that problem (see my other thread) it has been completely fine. I have no pain at all and I barely even know it is there. I clean it twice per day and spray it with the salt water spray and leave it alone.

i had my nose pierced about 6 years ago. i loved it at the time, but i eventually took it out because have allergies and one spring it was just too much to take w/ all of the blowing my nose, etc, so out she went. once in awhile i miss having my nose pierced because it was a cute accessory. :smile: