I got my nose pierced today

Is the tragus the little nub cartlidge part of your ear? Too lazy to look it up. If so, I have that done and I lovvvvvvvve it. I will never take it out.

Congrats on your nose, B. I can't get it done now - professional work environment. I'm pushing it with my tiny wrist tattoo. My mom always said I have the perfect nose for it though. LOL.

We need a piercing thread to go with the tattoo thread. Dontcha think? :yes:

Yea, thats the Tragus. How the hell do you have it pierced and dont know what it is? lmfao! :roflmfao:

And Yes...we NEED a piercing thread! :yes::tup:

Kristie: I hope you're ok!

I just got my nose pierced about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I have a flat backing in mine and I am just sure to use Kleenex and a Q tip if needed to keep it clean:yes:

I am MOST definitely NOT allowed to have mine at work but I am off on an injury until October so hopefully it will be healed enough by then to take it out at work.

_I haven't done ot, but have been thinking about it for some months now.

You know, they have clear(plastic or I don't know what kind of material it is) 'hardware'that you can use if you don't want the piercing to be noticed take yours out and put that in. I'd be worried that if you take it out for hours a day, maybe it will never heal completely, or might try to close up. But again, I am not pierced and haven't much kknowledge of it yet.

Is the tragus the little nub cartlidge part of your ear? Too lazy to look it up. If so, I have that done and I lovvvvvvvve it. I will never take it out.

Congrats on your nose, B. I can't get it done now - professional work environment. I'm pushing it with my tiny wrist tattoo. My mom always said I have the perfect nose for it though. LOL.

We need a piercing thread to go with the tattoo thread. Dontcha think?

I'm in a professional work environment as well. It won't be a problem and none of my tats are visible when dressed for work.

I had my nose pierced and had to remove it for surgery. It did not leave a scar... I miss it! The only advice I can give is to agree with others and be careful when washing your face and drying after a shower. Also, when I had mine I used to get it caught on my bed spread at night and it would rip out. Not a good way to get woken up at 3am!!! So, if you find that your bedding catches on it you might want to use a different sheet or bedspread until it can heal up and you can remove it at night.

I got mine pierced 5 years ago.

The piercer did it at a wrong angle b/c my nose ring kept sinking in & i can feel it crooked!

When it sunk it, new skin would grow over it and every day I had to push it back out. This caused it to bleed a bit. After a week or two it was okay.

I took it over 2 years ago b/c of nursing school.

I have a scar now that still looks like theres a hole there!

Would definitely like to have one again..hmmmm..

:smile:

Congrats on your nose piercing. Please don't take your nose ring that they pierced you with b4 you are fully healed. Mine was so big - I couldn't wait to replace it with something more subtle. Once I replaced it with something smaller, it got infected. I eventually had to remove it due to the infection, and I healed with a tiny keloid scar on my nose!

just be careful with the screw that the skin doesnt grow over the ball on top it might get a lil swollen since its still new and be careful when drying ur face with a towel i can tell u how many times mine would just rip out, i had to have my nose done twice cuz it would fall out to easily

First off....congrats!!! I've had a belly ring and tragus and my nose ring was by far the best and SO unlike me to have which is the best part.

Do BE careful washing your face....I never failed to pull it out whenever I used a washcloth. (and I had to get it repierced once and it hurt like a *^%&%!!!) I had to train myself to remember. But if you keep it clean, and don't play with it too much....you'll be good.

I had to take mine out for a play and I never got it repierced...I still miss it sometimes. It was so cute!

congrats! i got my nose pierced about 2 1/2 years ago and i still love it (I'm 33 and work for the gov't!).
They didn't advise you to keep the original nose ring for a certain amount of time? I had to keep the starter stud in for 12 weeks before I could change it. It's a little painful to change it out but not unbearable.

Yea, thats the Tragus. How the hell do you have it pierced and dont know what it is? lmfao! :roflmfao:

And Yes...we NEED a piercing thread! :yes::tup:

Kristie: I hope you're ok!

LOL. I knew it was something like that but couldn't remember for sure. I once saw a piercing diagram of an ear once and they all have weird ass names. Then I couldn't remember if it was the tragus or anti tragus. :shrugs:

I got it done 8 or 9 years ago on a whim after seeing it on a girl I worked with. I went to the tattoo place wanting a tattoo and changed my mind at the last minute. I didn't even learn the name until years later. LOL. Ah, the joys of ignorance. :P

OMG after reading the stories of ripped out nose rings , I've begun experiencing sympathy pains in my nose. OUCH!

Congrats! I have my belly button pierced (got it done when I was 17) and used to have my eyebrow pierced and my cartilage in my ear pierced but neither one of those took. Let's see pics when it's healed a bit!

LOL. I knew it was something like that but couldn't remember for sure. I once saw a piercing diagram of an ear once and they all have weird ass names. Then I couldn't remember if it was the tragus or anti tragus. :shrugs:
EarDiagram.jpg

Congrats!! I've had mine since I was 14 (now 24) and I love it. The only thing I recommend is not taking it out until it's healed. I wanted to change mine right after so I did after about 3 days and so it took longer to heal. It's perfect now though, I even had it out once for 8 months and it went back in no problem.

Personally I prefer the L shaped studs to any other ones.