I finally received my outdoor flap...except

congrats on your new bag....yes, i am fine w/ the scratch marks, i have a brown outdoor hobo and i love the distressed look and understand it's the nature of this collection...but the fact that strap is falling apart, i dont' think is acceptable.
and yes, i do like this on my frame much better than the jumbo, for reference, i'm about 5'6, sz 0

^^PS: fraying strap is totally unacceptable to me too..it will break. I also got the new bubble quilt flap and the chain is totally broken. I asked for a new bag and they will send it free to replace the defective one. I am sure they will do the right thing by you.

Similar thing happened when I got a jumbo white caviar earlier in the season from Saks. The strap was torn because the link was kinked, permanently kinked. Saks credited the shipping charges. You have options. If the store can get you a replacement bag w/o damage, that's one option. The other is to take it to a boutique in Canada and they will send the bag off to have a new chain installed. They don't care where you buy it as long as it's authentic. Chanel is corporation operating worldwide and stand by their product. That said there is no telling if a replacement bag is found that it will be pristine and the cycle begins anew. If it were me, take it to Chanel.

i was told once before by my SA that the U.s. is operated very differently from canada and europe. canada is controleld under the european headoffice, where as u.s. has their own, that's why their markdowns are completely different from ours. anyhow, tks for letting me know about this option. i will see what my SA says after i speak to her on saturday.

Hi takeoutbox, could you please let me know if you prefer that brown than the black in the outdoor collection--I was tempted to see if my SA could also locate a brown flap since I usually gravitate toward brown than black...btw I wish I had your extra 3inches of height over me!

i really like both color. for the flap, i know i wanted the blk for sure.

Good luck with your bag...the strap thing would bother me a lot - but I would have it fixed rather than lose the bag - if you think another one to replace it might be hard to find.

the dimensions are the same, but the leather is completely different, the outdoor flap is fabric lined, and doesn't have a pocket on the outside the way jumbo does. and it's less structured/boxy than the jumbo. if you look at the pictures, the visual difference is quite obvious.

i am getting really fed up with this. very disapointed in my SA and at this saks. i don't think i will ever buy anything from them or referr anyone to them ever again. :cursing:

it has been almost a month, and this still hasn't been resolved. i keep having to call and follow up. i sent some pictures including this one, which i think is evident that the strap has some fraying, i was told that "they don't really see anything". seriously, i've just had enough!

Attachments

• chane outdoor flap 011.jpg
    chane outdoor flap 011.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 46