~I cleaned my petit bucket yesterday, here are my results with the magic eraser!!**

I have just brought a vintage speedy from 1998 and awaiting its arrival in the post. The vachetta on that is quite dark, especially on the handles, I wonder how this would go?

Or would I be best to leave it alone seeing it is so old?

Attachments

• 18_f.jpg
    18_f.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 910
  • LV 1.jpg
    LV 1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 840
I know this question was asked a while ago, but I recently joined and just now saw it. I wouldn't use Febreeze inside of a bag, since is is a liquid and might "leak" through the lining and somehow damage the leather or the canvas. What I used to eradicate the smell on a pre-loved bag was a fabric softener sheet! I put one sheet inside of the bag and left it for a few hours, and I was amazed at how good the bag smelled after. I was a little afraid that the fabric softener sheet would only mask the smell temporarily, but it actually took away the smell that was in the bag when I got it. The smell that was in my bag was sort of an old, stale, musty smell as if the bag had been in storage and not used in a while. The scent of the fabric softener sheet eventually faded away, but the old musty smell never came back.

Thanks!!! It really helped. The smell of the bag has eased so i just need to keep up with it!

i cleaned my alma yesterday and i am pretty happy with the results :smile:

i also used the magic eraser and something to keep the leather from drying out afterwards. the eraser really does dry out the vachetta.

here is a photo of how it looked before i cleaned it:

Attachments

• IMGP0215.jpg
    IMGP0215.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 944
since i bought it second hand the oily stain can be very old, but still it faded with the magic eraser. i was very careful not to "hurt" the bag and without the flash it can hardly be seen ... love it! :smile:

So here are my "After" shots:yahoo:
Remember these are taken in direct sunlight, and it was a gorgeous afternoon here in Nova Scotia lol finally!!

Here is a photo for reference of the cleaning supplies I used:

LVbabies027.jpg

AND the dirty little cubes of the Magic Eraser.
** I still have one whole Magic Eraser and a half left for future use!! You should consider cutting them up as I did to get more use out of them, even though they aren't pricey by any means:P

LVbabies030.jpg

As for my After photo's:

Full:

LVbabies072.jpg

Handles:

LVbabies074.jpg

Bottom Edge:

LVbabies075.jpg

** I have a few more, but I will have to post later or tomorrow morning!! I have to go out now:Push: I ran out of time for now!!
I will post a conclusion as well..!!

wow this is amazing! looks beautiful!

Your reconditioning that bag has given me motivation to buy a used monogram. There are great buys out there on ebay, but some have a lot of stains. This is so encouraging what you did. Thanks so much.