I can't afford this forum

I totally understand where you’re coming from, because a few years ago I felt that way. I felt like I was somehow lesser than others because I didn’t have the money to buy luxury items, and I felt like a failure. I am pretty ill, with over 15 different chronic diseases. Because of that, my life went through a huge upheaval. I lost everything, and my life was hell for a number of years.
I have never been rich, but I used to be quite comfortably off. I now live on a pension of roughly $650 a month in a third-world country, because it’s the cheapest place for me to live. I have fallen in love with it here. I come from England originally, and spent many years in the USA. I can no longer afford the brands I used to love.
I am at peace with it now, and I’m quite happy as I am. As long as I can get some books, and the odd art supply now and then, that’s more than enough for me. I am still sick, and I always will be. I still struggle with all the illnesses I have if you want me to be honest - it makes me very resentful that I can’t work. Whilst I struggle to make ends meet a lot of the time, I get by. I have a roof over my head, food in my mouth, medicine, electricity, clothing and just enough money to get by on, whilst occasionally having a little extra to be able to save and put towards my emergency fund, or towards my hobbies. I can’t complain, it could be so much worse.

Last edited:
Life is hard. We don’t know what others are really going through. This is just a platform to show material items. I’d likely say at least 80% of this forum are probably sitting on loads of debt and just trying to keep up with the jones. They’ll be the next one calling dave ramsey for help expecting the rest of us to pay off their student loans or whatever other debts they’ve accumulated (on top of these items). Don’t take it so seriously and let it go to your head. It sounds like you have a great husband and great life and have worked hard to get to where you are (and while it’s seems hard not to do, don’t compare to others). Be proud of where you’ve come and just do you. If you think you can do better and have expected more from yourself (from a financial aspect), make life changes. Not everyone is dealt the same card and some people struggle all their lives (not necessarily financially, whether that be with health issues, emotionally, or some other way). Don’t be so hard on yourself. If this forum is giving you bad vibes, take a break for awhile. It will be here when you’re ready to come back.