I cancel my Japan trip~

I had the option of changing the front panel of my pink ostrich but the H people say the new panel maybe not the exact shade. It could be paler or darker. Any of you have change any panel and receive good result? I really cannot stand any imperfection. Should I do it? Anyone can show photo of their bags with any panel change? Please advise... Will you take the gamble?

I have not done a panel change, I would ask them to change the panel for as exact shade as they can get, it may take months or a year for Hermes to find as close a colour as they can, its the chance you take. Imo, I would not bother and just live with the stain, but I understand why some people cannot.

Considering the cost and inconvenience and the fact it may not be an exact colour match, I'd live with it. Leather marks over time and it would be kind of impractical to change an entire panel each time something happens to the leather.

Thanks you Mistikat.. Lol.. You can tell how upset I am.. This is my most expensive and favorite bag given to me by my DH to mark the birth of my boy. I am really stressed up looking at Pinky every waking second since the mishap.

If it were my bag, I would hold off changing the panel. If the colors do not match, it would be much more noticeable than your stain. Have you tried removing the stain with some cornstarch?

I have tried rubbing corn flour... should the cornflour be mix into a paste with water...? How long should i rub? What is the caking process? Anyway, I find the stain since to develop into a sheen? Maybe i "fondle" the mark too much. I took a more close up picture...

Attachments

• IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0830.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0827.jpg
    IMG_0827.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 88
I am confident Hermes will never do a cleaning or changing of front panel that would be less then perfect. So I would sent it to Paris first. I also think this kinad of spot will be less and less visible with the use of the bag.

I have tried rubbing corn flour... should the cornflour be mix into a paste with water...? How long should i rub? What is the caking process? Anyway, I find the stain since to develop into a sheen? Maybe i "fondle" the mark too much. I took a more close up picture...

Do NOT make a paste or put anything wet on it. And not corn flour but corn starch.

Send the bag to Hermes......it sounds like you are making it worse by what you are trying.

Please stop using the cornstarch. This is an ostrich.

Secondly, if you cannot live with the stain and changing the panel is not an option, send it for a spa. Hermes gives you 2 options. Pick the option which you're the most comfortable with. Send the birkin to Hermes spa. Please.