I am so over Hermes

^The oldest saying in the book is don't judge a book by its cover! Too true.

Often the most wealthy of people are very low key.
exactly!!!

I walked into Hermes on a whim LAST YEAR. i didnt know anything about the brand i didnt even know about the birkin or kelly!! i know that they sold 400 baby silve spoons made of real silver so that was what i knew about how expensive they can be.

the bad SA, i still remember her, on the first floor took forever to serve me and was rude. I continued to walk around, 2nd floor, 3rd floor. that is where i met my SA. she showed me anything i wanted to see. she talked to me about how things are made, and she answered all my questions. in less than 9 months i spent well over $1200 with her!! i am a lowly housewife so to me that is A LOT!!!

yes but remember to stand your ground walk in very elegantly and try speaking to them in a very sharp tone educated but firm then remind them of who you are and with all class say that hermes is what it is thanks to class full clients like you so demand what you want i sujet you use words that are kind but strong and difining make an adjective one that you are familiar with for all of them like say a very quaint but usefull "daaaarliiing" if all else fails ask for names send them to me belive me hermes does respond to my particular complaints im not bragging but they do so if anything dont threaten them but do insist darling!

yes but remember to stand your ground walk in very elegantly and try speaking to them in a very sharp tone educated but firm then remind them of who you are and with all class say that hermes is what it is thanks to class full clients like you so demand what you want i sujet you use words that are kind but strong and difining make an adjective one that you are familiar with for all of them like say a very quaint but usefull "daaaarliiing" if all else fails ask for names send them to me belive me hermes does respond to my particular complaints im not bragging but they do so if anything dont threaten them but do insist darling!

What? :tdown:

ITA, it does hurt to be treated so badly. If I had the manager of the Atlanta store in front of me, I'd be totally honest and tell her that I avoided the store for YEARS because of the attitude that two of the long-term associates had. I'd give them another shot, and they'd act the same way.

What makes me kind of chuckle now is that one of these associates has literally seen me spend thousands, and if they hadn't been so snotty, I would have given them my business all along. Can we all say "lost commission?" LOL

Ammietwist Thank you for sharing your story. You are so absolutely and 200 percent right. That's the way I try to live too.
Still - it sometimes hurts.

Daaaaarling, you have to be kidding.

^if you were treated that badly, then ask to speak to the manager of that store. A good store manager will make sure that he/she will not only make you happy but also correct the poor behavior to ensure that you become a repeat customer.

I've had bad experiences many times at one store and always swore never to go back each time (famous last words). But I always do just because they have nice things and I keep convincing myself that the bad SAs are not worth me missing what I want. It's not easy and takes skin as thick as an elephants. But I eventually hooked up with a wonderful SA who was totally different from the rest and now I've been with her for 7 years.

I really feel for the OP and can't help but giggle over some of these responses. Being new to this brand, I can just imagine myself walking into a Hermès boutique, purring "daaaarling" and bestowing air kisses everywhere. Yuck.

I've all ready made a firm decision to patiently wait and find a wise SA who will treat me with the dignity and respect I deserve, and will return their kindness with loads of commission in sales over the next few years.

I have been in the Melbourne store and I have to add that it was not all warm and fuzzy in there. Also, from my observation I would say the Manager may have the worst attitude.