How/where do you report website/shops/sellers of fakes/counterfeits?

totally. and EVERYONE has the right to look and feel fashionable, regardless of their disposable income. you make it easier. the way i see it, i rather see someone carrying a non-branded bag from a chain retailer than a non-existent jimmy choo in sad pleather bearing the choo plate up front. yuck-o!

I've seen some inspired "Ed Hardy" like bags in Wal-mart and they are all "spitting images" of Ed Hardy designs just no logos. I know they aren't doing anything wrong but it still sort of disgusted me b/c the quality was just not there at all with those inpspired but they could've done a better job.

In a local shopping plaza a store called "Designer Replicas":throwup: recently opened. Of course it's a whole store full of icky fake bags.

I wrote an e-mail to the company that owns and leases the storefronts, informing them that such a business was illegal, but no surprise, I haven't heard anything back. I also reported the business itself to IACC, though I don't know how long it takes them to investigate and shut something down.

In the meantime this "business" remains open flooding the area with counterfeit purses :cursing:

Is there any place else that this business can be/needs to be reported to hopefully get it shut down quickly?

A similar store has opened in my area. I detest it. Sad thing is, everytime I walk past it they seem to have a whole new window front. Sadly, the must be doing well.

How humiliating that people even walk in there. You would not catch me dead in that store.....

I just spotted a group on facebook selling fake handbags. The group is called "Handbag Lovers!!!". The group admins are from Canada. How can I report this group?

Facebook might be a little hard since they require you to sign-in and/or befriend the user in order to see their profile. But try the link sunnyislander posted, you should be able to report it there.

Really???? My area there are so many fake bags that it could make Canal Street look good! SERIOUSLY!

I have posted this question on Ebay and I am getting nowhere. I have contacted:FBI tips, they told me to contact the local police, I contacted the local police they said contact the FBI. So I contacted the Attorney Generals Office, they gave me another link, that link gave me ANOTHER link.

SOOOOOO, who do you have to call to get someone to care??? I even sent off letters to ALL of the local TV stations and newspaper. No word from ANY of them yet.
So I am very curious, have any of you really gottn anyone busted? If so, HOW??? You can send me a private message, whatever I just want someone to take charge.

THANK YOU!!

Check out the Handbag Section. There is a stick about all sorts of information regarding counterfeits. All I did was contact our local news and they did all the rest to close down a counterfeit store near me.

The FBI and police have more important things to do these days than chase counterfeits around.

Your more likely to get them busted for tax evasion in addition to doing business without any licenses. The IRS and/or BBB is a better bet.

The FBI and police have more important things to do these days than chase counterfeits around..

as much as I despise counterfeiting and illegal downloading of music/movies (do you do this?) I'd rather have the law enforcement authorities concentrating on dangerous criminals and finding lost children. I think the best way to combat counterfeiters is to educate people about the problem. If people stop buying fake crap, there won't be a market for it in the first place.